ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 6 Thread

Not necessarily a crowd pleasing win but the only way Bo loses that match is if he got out of control. Smart match. Sad to think that’s the last time he’ll wear the Blue & White. Thanks Bo!

Let the Hodge talk begin.

Nolf a pin, two techs and a major overthe #2
Nickal three pins and won handily over the #2

Lots of other factors and considerations as well of course.

PSU only team to break 100 team points.....with lots of teams getting AA, finalists and NC.

Penn state is the tide that raises all ships....we just have a bigger ship than the rest!!!

Well I have to say. That was a really strange Bo Nickal match.

It's because of his opponent's inability to scramble.

Moore knows he's not good enough to scramble with many guys, let alone Bo. So he keeps his stance as square as possible and just avoids starting action.

He took a total of 3 or 4 shots in 3 matches against Bo.

I can't say I blame Moore. On the other hand, Myles Martin was always more aggressive, and heck, it's partly why he managed to win twice against Bo. You can't win if you don't shoot, most of the time anyway.

Can we get a jump on the post season threads....

Practice starts in October...
Schedule always comes out way late in the summer.....
recruiting is pinned at the top....

Reactions: nerfstate
Man 184 turned out to be the most chaotic weight of the tournament even though it was supposed to be a fait accompli and coronation for Myles Martin.
Kind of ironic that he won the chaotic bracket he TF year. His senior year he becomes a victim of the chaos.

Reactions: PSU Mike
another team point lost for a head gear toss following the NC....Raptors match according to JB

Moore knows he's not good enough to scramble with many guys, let alone Bo. So he keeps his stance as square as possible and just avoids starting action.

I can't say I blame Moore. On the other hand, Myles Martin was always more aggressive, and heck, it's partly why he managed to win twice against Bo. You can't win if you don't shoot, most of the time anyway.

I just texted my buddies that Moore and Bo could wrestle for 200 minutes and I don’t think Moore could take him Down. It’s an awful awful match up for Moore

Reactions: Ski

That’s right. The only chance Moore has to beat Bo is in a 2-1 or 3-2 type match. He’s not going to outscore Bo in a high scoring match, and as you said, he’s not going to outscramble Bo. So Moore did what he had to do to give himself a chance, but it still wasn’t enough. Bo simply outclasses him.

Uh oh..hope nobody in Iowa was watching the 'Off the Mat' trophy presentation. Jim Gibbons just detailed how Cael (and entire staff) TYPICALLY spend up to 5 hours a day with the athletes COACHING them. Would utterly destroy them to learn their narrative only exists in their own minds.

I saw him give his headgear to a kid right after he was done with his after match tv interview...

He could have picked it up. He didn’t toss it into the crowd. They took a point last year from Bo who while celebrating threw his into the coaches corner. It’s absurd and another example of referee arrogance

Like clockwork, the butt hurt OSU fans on the O-Zone show their hate to Nickal about his most dangerous wrestler remarks - they say Kyle Snyder has something to say about that.

Iowa and Okie State don’t show for trophies. One guy from Iowa is there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT