ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 1 Thread

157 R1: Nolf vs. Anderson (Duke)

Per 1
Nolf with a TD off an ankle pick, locks a cradle, and gets the pin @ 43 sec!!!
Nolf is on a mission this year! IMO, he is the best in the history of our program. Very methodical and calculating in his approach and always gets the job done in every match.

Reactions: drock1971
Easier matchup for Lugo Round 2 but he has beaten Gfeller already. Micah is going to feast in QFs.

GicYUt9.jpg

Sitting down at mat 8 was smart as it turns out.

These shots I'm posting are cell phone shots of the back of my real camera, so there'll be laser sharp versions of these later.

Are you guys prepared for a TV delay on ESPN U should this NIT bball game run long......the second half just got started

if not you had better be.....

Maybe this has already been said, and it is a bit late I know, but that was a replay, not a live game. They aren't starting a NIT game at 9:00 am (central) on a Thursday. There was no chance of a delay.

Do we want Jojo to win? I would rather Cenzo beat the bull in the finals then a Jojo win and all the naysayers say Bull would have won!

Smith gassed. Was better than the Bull on their feet but the Bull just rode him hard for the whole second and that was it for JoJo.

Minutes away from the always entertaining Byers-trying-to-call-two-matches-simultaneously gambit.

165: Joseph vs. Evan DeLong (Clarion)

Per 1
Joseph with a quick TD, 2-0. Working hard and gets a tilt. 4 NF, 6-0. I thought he would pin him there. Stall waring on DeLong. DeLong to his feet, and tripped back down. RT goes over 2 min. Joseph tilts him again, and gets the pin at 2:57!!!!

I'm thrilled that Cenzo picked up the big bonus points there, but I have to be a bit saddened to see Evan Delong lose like that. He's a D9 kid and a former AA state champ, he's also had numerous battles against my elder son (my son never beat him, although he has taken him to OT) and he's just a really nice kid and a hard worker. Good luck on the backside Evan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT