ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 1 Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up early, so that I'll have one less chore to tend to on Thursday morning.

Please use this thread to discuss PSU matches, matches of other wrestlers/teams, etc. If replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

Time:
noon EDT

TV:
ESPNU

Video Streaming:
All 8 mats will be streamed on ESPN3. You can access the stream, which begins at noon EDT, at this link:

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?channel=3e99c57a-516c-385d-9c22-2e40aebc7129&type=upcoming

Audio Streaming:
Byers' radio PBP will be streamed for free. The pre-tournament show starts at 11:40 am EDT, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=251&type=Live

Mat Assignments:
Myself and others will post them as we learn of them. You can get them from multiple sources. FloArena has them, and TrackWrestling's Dashboard is another good source. Penn State Wrestling's twitter (@pennstateWREST) often posts mat assignments as well.

Team Score:
that can be followed on Track, or on FloArena. IMHO, the best place to follow the team race is on the Penn State Wrestling Club's web site (https://pennstatewrestlingclub.org).

Plans for the tournament in terms of my providing PBP: I expect to be able to provide PBP for Sessions 1, 2, and 4. I'll provide PBP early in Session 3, but will have to leave before the session is completed. I'll not be around to provide PBP for Session 5. Lastly, while I'll create a Session 6 Thread, and post in it, by tradition I don't provide PBP during the finals.

We Are ...

- ready to watch the Nittany Lions
- looking forward to observing PSU wrestlers get bonus points whenever possible
- wish the seniors well, as they wear the PSU singlet for the last time at NCAAs
- curious to see how RBY as a true freshman, Berge as a RS freshman, and Cassar as a ?? do at their 1st NCAAs
- so ready to watch 3 days of elite wrestling
- a tad more confident about the team title race than we were before last year's NCAAs, and
- so happy Nationals are about to start

... Penn State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm setting this up early, so that I'll have one less chore to tend to on Thursday morning.

Please use this thread to discuss PSU matches, matches of other wrestlers/teams, etc. If replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

Time:
noon EDT

TV:
ESPNU

Video Streaming:
All 8 mats will be streamed on ESPN3

Audio Streaming:
Byers' radio PBP will be streamed for free. The pre-tournament show starts at 11:40 am EDT, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=251&type=Live

Mat Assignments:
Myself and others will post them as we learn of them. You can get them from multiple sources. FloArena has them, and TrackWrestling's Dashboard is another good source. Penn State Wrestling's twitter (@pennstateWREST) often posts mat assignments as well.

Team Score:
that can be followed on Track, or on FloArena. IMHO, the best place to follow the team race is on the Penn State Wrestling Club's web site (https://pennstatewrestlingclub.org).

Plans for the tournament in terms of my providing PBP: I expect to be able to provide PBP for Sessions 1, 2, and 4. I'll provide PBP early in Session 3, but will have to leave before the session is completed. I'll not be around to provide PBP for Session 5. Lastly, while I'll create a Session 6 Thread, and post in it, by tradition I don't provide PBP during the finals.

We Are ...

- ready to watch the Nittany Lions
- looking forward to observing PSU wrestlers get bonus points whenever possible
- wish the seniors well, as they wear the PSU singlet for the last time at NCAAs
- curious to see how RBY as a true freshman, Berge as a RS freshman, and Cassar as a ?? do at their 1st NCAAs
- so ready to watch 3 days of elite wrestling
- a tad more confident about the team title race than we were before last year's NCAAs, and
- so happy Nationals are about to start

... Penn State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As always, Tom, thank you so much for all the work you put into this board.

So excited. While most of my immediate family are wrestling fans, I'm the only "crazy" one who takes off work Thurs/Fri just to watch it from home. Like many of you, I will be getting my "battle station" set up with 1-2 laptops, TV, iPad, phone, etc. to watch as many matches as possible while also refreshing this page to see the chatter going on. I typically am alone in the house with my setup, beer, and snacks. My brother almost came over to watch Day 1 with me today. His plans changed and is no longer coming until tomorrow. Fine by me as I wouldn't acknowledge his presence as I need full focus for constant page flipping, refreshing, and beer grabbing for Day 1 craziness :)

I woke up well before the alarm clock today, amazing how that works. I’m juiced already!!!!

I'm with you. Took me an hour or more to get to sleep and I still woke up 45 minutes before my 5:15 alarm. Working an early half day at least helps the time to move....

Sick with an allergy attack. Would have called sick yesterday if I wasn’t already taking today and a half day Friday off. Kids on spring break but full sitter coverage.

DayQuil for sessions, NyQuil for session breaks.

Has anyone researched or seen elsewhere a count of how many wrestlers there are from each state? I know Illinois has 22 and Indiana has 11. Was curious about the other states and haven't seen anything.

Has anyone researched or seen elsewhere a count of how many wrestlers there are from each state? I know Illinois has 22 and Indiana has 11. Was curious about the other states and haven't seen anything.
Courtesy of Sportsfan2017:

"The number of NCAA Qualifiers per state according to FLO:
Pennsylvania: 53
Ohio: 24
New Jersey: 23
Illinois: 22
Michigan: 19
California: 18
New York: 18
Missouri: 14
Colorado: 12
Georgia: 12
Iowa: 12
Minnesota: 11
Oklahoma: 11
Indiana: 10

Some Others:
Maryland 4, Nebraska 2, Wisconsin 4, Virginia 4, North Carolina 3

Biggest Surprise? For me......Nebraska and Wisconsin total= 6 which is HALF of Georgia's total"

Savor every moment of Bo & Jason!

Did you see Cael's comments about them in freestyle?

"Obviously, they have to go do that, but if Jason Nolf & Bo Nickal both won World Championships next fall, I wouldn’t be surprised."

Very rare statement with that level of praise from the master, his apprentices are ready to fly!

Some Others:

Biggest Surprise? For me......Nebraska and Wisconsin total= 6 which is HALF of Georgia's total"

Some Others:

Thanks. Not sure if that list was done before or after the change at 125 earlier this week, but the change at 285 is not reflected. So PA should be at 52 and Indiana at 11 with Gunning out and Aven in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT