ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 1 Thread

GicYUt9.jpg

Sitting down at mat 8 was smart as it turns out.

These shots I'm posting are cell phone shots of the back of my real camera, so there'll be laser sharp versions of these later.

Damn, "your cellphone shot" is better than most professional shots! Disclaimer: My eye sight ain't that good.

It appears we would need 159 team points to beat the all time team score .. is that even possible?

Reactions: dsites52
Did any of them say if they seen Berger carrying a head out of the arena?
Has anyone wargamed the 157 bracket to figure out what happens when 4 separate wrestlers forfeit all remaining matches, for obvious reasons, after they lose to Berger? How is that going to affect the team race? :)

Last edited:
Refereeing?

Did you guys happen to see the Dayton Fix match and second set of back points non-call? Byers was all over it, and John Smiith's skin nearly split to reveal his skull.

Clearly 4 back points for to cradle, the kid got to his belly, Fix's hold changed brought him back to his back for more than a 4 count (pinned him IMO) and the ref didn't give an additional 4. John threw the brick, they reviewed it, and denied the second set of 4 points. Insane & cost a 1/2 team point!

Guess who? Lmao.

Big Sam looked Spry! How he pulled that off I don't know. He looked like dog doo-doo and uninterested in his last match at Big Ten's.

Did anyone catch Heinselman-Arujau? Heinselman’s knee was bent like a pretzel for ages and no PD. Thought a ligament was going to pop

Reactions: Hotshoe
It's not just the Iowa program that is stuck in the past. Hawk fans are willing enablers.

Have you been watching PSU or tOSU wrestle the last several years. I would think even an Iowa fan might have noticed there's more to wrestling than upper-body.
You mean like wrestling with one hand behind your back style?

I have already acknowledged that upper body is a part of the sport lol. But why would Parris want to go upperbody if thats not his forte and his style...thats like putting a sushi chef in a dessert battle with bakers.....it makes no sense. i understand iowa has 23 ncaa team championships and they are gods gift to the wrestling world and you are right and all of us penn state fans are wrong
Thank you for acknowledging that! Styles make sports - no Parris does not want to go upper body with Stoll so I guess that means Stoll shouldn't do that anymore and just take ill conceived shots? And I know you have dominated the sport for the last 10 years so I guess that means your opinion is all that matters?

At no point did Stoll want to go upper body, that would imply he actually wanted to score points with that move. His sole intent was to tie up a smaller guy and carry him out of bounds for a stall call. I get it, that's wrestling in Iowa, however, nobody outside of Black and Gold glasses enjoyed any part of that match. Go back to the asylum where your takes will be overshadowed and not seem so dumb comparatively.
Right - and I guess wrestling with one hand behind your back is the new fad? Learn to discuss and argue without being a turd.

You mean like wrestling with one hand behind your back style?

Well, that would be one of many unique styles you'll see PSU wrestlers employ.

Might have worked if we had a competent ref.

Last edited:
Right - and I guess wrestling with one hand behind your back is the new fad? Learn to discuss and argue without being a turd.

Good one, turd, super original. He wrestled and took away your wrestlers only shot but was engaged idiot. Go back to your hole of delusional dbags.

ADVERTISEMENT