ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Thread........

Houston even traded up a couple spots to get Juice. Must have thought someone else was on him. Great 2nd round for Penn State and the Big Ten.

Wonder if the Steelers would consider taking Dawand Jones from oh-high-ya to really bulk up OT........

I'm thinking OLB or WR at 80 93

Last edited:

Ji'Ayir to the Niners--great fit for him too
4 Penn Staters off the board today--really nice
This is the stuff that truly helps recruiting.
No first round picks especially JPJ not going first round isn’t good for us. A lot of positives in the second round with Tig, Stange, and Juice going in the second along with JPJ which is a disappointment.

So you believe that Levis is a better qb than Pickett? I believed that the Steelers shouldn't have drafted Pickett, but I'm beginning to change my mind; he had a pretty good end to the season last year.

Other than maybe run the ball like a running back, there is no qb skill that Levis does better than Pickett.
Throw the deep ball? Throw long sideline routes?

JP Senior needs to keep coaching his son to up his physicality for the NFL. Jr's got the length, and I'm hoping he continues his physical development as he's listed at just over 190 and could use some of the guns his dad used to intimidate his opponents......
Sr. is a documented idiot. I believe JPJ takes more after his Mom.

Sr. is a documented idiot. I believe JPJ takes more after his Mom.
JP Jr has said in the past that he tries to be like his father on the field, and like his mother off the field.......

Being super intense doesn't make him an idiot. Porter was as competitive a player as the Steelers ever had. He won a playoff game against Cincy when he wasn't even playing. Goating Pac Man and their other cheap shot artist into taking stupid penalties to win a game Cincy had in the bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
It’s really a perfect situation for the Steelers. A first round pick on a second round contract. Hard to beat that.
Actually, a player's compensation has as much to do with his 'slot' in the draft as his round selected.

"After the first pick the salaries will drop consistently and the 31st pick in the first round - currently Kansas City's pick - will be able to sign a deal worth around $12.75 million.

In the second round of the Draft, contracts will be worth between $6 million and $12 million."

So, the estimated difference between being last in the 1st round and 1st in the 2nd round is $750K

NFL draft and salaries

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Actually, a player's compensation has as much to do with his 'slot' in the draft as his round selected.

"After the first pick the salaries will drop consistently and the 31st pick in the first round - currently Kansas City's pick - will be able to sign a deal worth around $12.75 million.

In the second round of the Draft, contracts will be worth between $6 million and $12 million."

So, the estimated difference between being last in the 1st round and 1st in the 2nd round is $750K

NFL draft and salaries
Plus you lose the 5th year option

NFL draft and salaries
Did not know that, thought there was a drop-off after the first round. Thank you for the clarification.

Another Georgia player headed to Eagles. As an Eagles fan, I'm loving this draft. Masterclass from Howi Roseman.
Not an Eagles fan lol but he's killing it.
Carter might be the best player in the draft, Nolan Smith was great value, Steen might sit this year but starts next year then added secondary help. Can't do much better.

Reactions: NedFromYork
JP Jr has said in the past that he tries to be like his father on the field, and like his mother off the field.......

Being super intense doesn't make him an idiot. Porter was as competitive a player as the Steelers ever had. He won a playoff game against Cincy when he wasn't even playing. Goating Pac Man and their other cheap shot artist into taking stupid penalties to win a game Cincy had in the bag.
JPJ Sr. is an idiot.

Stetson Bennett to the Rams in R4.

Saints going QB right before them probably forced this.

If the Steelers take Charlie Jones at 132 this will pretty much be my dream draft
Would be a nice addition. But the Steelers seem to need LB's, an inside LB and a pass rusher to play behing Watt and Highsmith.

Bungles beat the Steeler to CJ....

Would be a nice addition. But the Steelers seem to need LB's, an inside LB and a pass rusher to play behing Watt and Highsmith.

Bungles beat the Steeler to CJ....
There's no LB here I'm interested in. We missed that boat when we traded down from 80 to 93 which is fine. You can get an edge here but Jones was better value than those guys. Bengals got the perfect replacement for Boyd when he leaves next year.

First Steelers pick I didn't like. Steelers are obsessed with this brother thing. I'd have been okay with him at 241. I know some like him but he's one of my most overrated.

Reactions: bison13
This odd 4th/5th round run on QBs explains why Hooker fell

What happened to the 2nd pick of R5? Tracker shows it going from 1 to 3 (136 and 137 overall).

Raiders trading up to get Aiden after the other 2 went off the board starving some teams for the position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT