ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Thread........

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
JP Jr. Best dressed in the house.

Dad was too slow getting ready, so Joey left him behind and got to the draft. Did a super interview a few minutes ago.......

Levis just came out in a navy 3 piece. Looking like a banker..... But yes, he'll be going to the bank after tonight.

Maybe he'll get to throw a Steelers jersey over it in a few hours. Should be a fun/chaotic night

JP Jr. Best dressed in the house.

Dad was too slow getting ready, so Joey left him behind and got to the draft. Did a super interview a few minutes ago.......

Levis just came out in a navy 3 piece. Looking like a banker..... But yes, he'll be going to the bank after tonight.
Left his dad at home….now that’s funny,

Reactions: GregInPitt
I'm just hoping the Steelers don't trade away any of their 1st three picks. Steelers need to get 3+ starters for game one of the 2023 season out of this draft and move ahead with transitions to young talent at a number of positions.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping the Steelers don't trade away any of their 1st three picks. Steelers nee to get 3+ starters for game one of the 2023 season out of this draft and move ahead with transitions to young talent at a number of positions.
See if absolutely trading up to 8 or 9 for a LT or Gonzalez if they're there. Can trade back at 32 if needed IMO

See if absolutely trading up to 8 or 9 for a LT or Gonzalez if they're there. Can trade back at 32 if needed IMO
What is interesting is the Steelers have the very first pick of day two. Meaning other teams will have 22 hrs to look over who fell from the first and offer a trade to get some they really want. The phone will be ringing all night.

That trade they made last fall is paying off big time.

What is interesting is the Steelers have the very first pick of day two. Meaning other teams will have 22 hrs to look over who fell from the first and offer a trade to get some they really want. The phone will be ringing all night.

Yeah, incredible value for Claypool. And because they can literally spend all night and tomorrow figuring out to stay or what's the best trade down option they can take some chances today if there's someone (Paris Johnson, Skoronski, Gonzalez, etc) that they feel they need. If Jalen Carter falls to 7/8 I think the Steelers make that move--hope I'm wrong as I want a LT/CB

That's very true. And with #32 being the last pick in the first round the Steelers could get a nice return from moving back, because as you said there should be multiple (possibly many) bidders. And maybe some team that had two #1's would be willing to give them their #2 and #3 to get the first pick in the 2nd round. The Steelers may have already been fielding some offers and know what they might be able to get for #32.

I just hate to see them give away the #32 to move up in the first. If they could use their #3 to move up in the first a few spots in the first round to get their guy knowing they could get an their 3rd round pick back by moving down 5 or 10 spots in the 2nd from that #32 then it seems rational. Just don't want to see them with less picks in the first and 2nd round where they now have 3......... They need 3 of the top 50 players to improve 3 positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
I’m still confused why the Panthers would make the trade to get #1 pick. I believe the best QBs in this draft are Richardson and Levis. But they need time to develop. No way I’m drafting a 5’-10” 195 lbs QB number one. I’m not sold on Stroud. He had an all star receiving class and played behind good OL. When pressured Stroud really struggled with accuracy. Be interesting to see who Panthers take.

That's very true. And with #32 being the last pick in the first round the Steelers could get a nice return from moving back, because as you said there should be multiple (possibly many) bidders. And maybe some team that had tow #1's would be willing to give them their #2 and #3 to get the first pick in the 2nd round. The Steelers may have already been fielding some offers and know what they might be able to get for #32.

I just hate to see them give away the #32 to move up in the first. If they could use their #3 to move up in the first a few spots in the first round to get their guy knowing they could get an their 3rd round pick back by moving down 5 or 10 spots in the 2nd from that #32 then it seems rational. Just don't want to see them with less picks in the first and 2nd round where they now have 3......... They need 3 of the top 50 players to improve 3 positions.
I think the plan to go to 7-10 is trading 17/49...they keep 32 then move back. You might also get a 5th or 6th round pick back but even if we only had 8 (for example)/32/80 I'd take that. That could be 3 starters with one being an elite LT/CB

I’m still confused why the Panthers would make the trade to get #1 pick. I believe the best QBs in this draft are Richardson and Levis. But they need time to develop. No way I’m drafting a 5’-10” 195 lbs QB number one. I’m not sold on Stroud. He had an all star receiving class and played behind good OL. When pressured Stroud really struggled with accuracy. Be interesting to see who Panthers take.
Because most people think Young is the best QB and at 9 they might not have gotten any of the 4 if we're being honest. I think Young's a lock--I hope it's Richardson though because I think he has bust written all over him.

Cards traded up? Probably want Wilson or Gonzalez

That Witherspoon pick hurts the Steelers

Cards collected picks and got who they wanted. Detroit didn't fleece them enough IMO.

Fun draft so far with the trades and unexpected picks.

Cards collected picks and got who they wanted. Detroit didn't fleece them enough IMO.

Fun draft so far with the trades and unexpected picks.
Yeah, it's been unpredictable which is always great.
Detroit is in great shape though now. 12 18 34 48 55--could get 5 starters and they likely want a WR at 12 or 18 so a move back makes sense to me.

Carter's now gone. And Wright the OT from Tennessee.

Who would the Steelers trade up for now?

I feel like he has to go to Ten, NE, Det, TB or Min but maybe he falls--it's happened before. I still think Indy was foolish but that's just because I think Richardson sucks not that I think Levis is elite.
I don’t think there’s much difference between Levis and Richardson…both are based on physical tools and potential.

So Steelers only give up a 4th round pick to move up and take an OT at 14. Didn't give up too much, but this probably means they move down somewhere to get another 4th-6th round pick or two......

Interesting analysis by the NFL Network crew. New England didn't want a tackle and they believed the Jets did. So NE got a 4th and the extra motivation was to keep the Jets from getting the OT they needed. Hard to believe NE would help out the Steelers.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
Lions must have plans with Swift. I don't see reaching at 12 when you could get Gibbs in those 5 picks to come by pick 43.
They must have thought Bijan would fall to 12 or they really like Gibbs and thought someone would take him before 18

That's fair--I just think Levis is a little safer. Like Richardson could be Malik Willis
Safer to be a career backup vs being out of the league after a year or two…in that way, I agree. I don’t think either of them will be a long term, successful starter.

Wow, the Jets took the pass rusher from Iowa St at 15 that CBS Sports has rated as the #52 player. And they had a big celebration......

This kind of logic will help the Steelers get a top CB, WR or DL at #32 if they keep it.

They must have thought Bijan would fall to 12 or they really like Gibbs and thought someone would take him before 18

They let JW go (TD machine, short yardage hammer), picked up Montgomery. Who was getting Gibbs though? Would have required a trade, and still would have been a reach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT