ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Thread........

So you believe that Levis is a better qb than Pickett? I believed that the Steelers shouldn't have drafted Pickett, but I'm beginning to change my mind; he had a pretty good end to the season last year.

Other than maybe run the ball like a running back, there is no qb skill that Levis does better than Pickett.
Agree.

So you believe that Levis is a better qb than Pickett? I believed that the Steelers shouldn't have drafted Pickett, but I'm beginning to change my mind; he had a pretty good end to the season last year.

Other than maybe run the ball like a running back, there is no qb skill that Levis does better than Pickett.
Well I think Levis also has a stronger arm but otherwise agree.

Steelers are not going to draft Levis and I was never sold on him being a first round pick. I wish him well. Perhaps this will really motivate him.
To be fair, it all came down to Richardson or Levis at 4. One went and one wasn't going to.
I'm a little surprised Tennessee past but Skoronski fell
After that really only Tampa and Minnesota were option (maybe NE) but they seem to be trying to win now.
Hooker may go off the board before Levis today but who knows which one will be the best.
Purdy's the best so far from the 22 draft. And we can see all the #1 guys that have busted.

How far does JP Jr. fall?
I'm looking for JP Jr to be off the board by mid 2nd round.

The way free agents move these days teams are forced to meet many of their position needs in the draft, moreso than the days of "best available". But also with today's passing games having depth at CB is more important than it ever was.

I'd love to see JP Jr in black & gold but the Steelers have lots of holes to fill, particularly in their front 3. Just hope they get 3 good players in tonight that are ready to contribute. They may leave their hole at backup OLB for Saturday, although they seem to like the player from USC and they may have to take him tonight to get him.

Lots of potential options mentioned for the Steelers......

Lots of potential options mentioned for the Steelers......

If they don’t grab will they have to put up with a butt hurt daddy? How would fans react?

I don't care what the Steelers do with this pick, as long as they end up with JP Jr....... ;) ;)
If you would have told me at this time yesterday we'd have Broderick Jones and Joey Porter Jr with our first two picks I'd have thought we traded up twice. I'm okay with losing Porter though if the return is worth it--should know in about 20 minutes

If you would have told me at this time yesterday we'd have Broderick Jones and Joey Porter Jr with our first two picks I'd have thought we traded up twice. I'm okay with losing Porter though if the return is worth it--should know in about 20 minutes
I still believe they can move down a few spots and get either JP Jr or that DE from GA Tech. And get a 4th to replace the one they gave up.

I'd love to be in their draft room right now to hear the offers they're getting......

On a different topic, Melissa Stark is aging exceptionally well.

Reactions: bison13
JP Senior needs to keep coaching his son to up his physicality for the NFL. Jr's got the length, and I'm hoping he continues his physical development as he's listed at just over 190 and could use some of the guns his dad used to intimidate his opponents......

Now I'd like to see the Steeler trade up and get the DT or 3-4 DE they like. The DT from Wisky or the DE from GA Tech.

Now I'd like to see the Steeler trade up and get the DT or 3-4 DE they like. The DT from Wisky or the DE from GA Tech.
The only DT really in the discussion right now is Benton--not sure I like that fit
Not against going up for White or even Ojulari but we can probably sit at 49 and come away with a real good kid if not trade back. There's really a ton of guys right now that fit needs for us. We also would have to trade a 2024 pick to move up--they aren't giving up 80

The only DT really in the discussion right now is Benton--not sure I like that fit
Not against going up for White or even Ojulari but we can probably sit at 49 and come away with a real good kid if not trade back. There's really a ton of guys right now that fit needs for us. We also would have to trade a 2024 pick to move up--they aren't giving up 80
Yep, picks are going by and sitting at 49 looks like it will yield a nice player to fit a need. I'm hoping DL, but WR and Safety may also be in play. Or even another CB.

Yep, picks are going by and sitting at 49 looks like it will yield a nice player to fit a need. I'm hoping DL, but WR and Safety may also be in play. Or even another CB.
I was afraid we might take Hyatt at 32--wouldn't hate him at 49. I think Brents might have been the CB we would have taken.

Lions added a ton of talent--probably should have just been in a different order lol

And right on queue the Steelers take the DT Keeanu Benton from Wisky!!

Where do they go from here at #80?
LB?
Safety?
WR?
Trade down a little bit to get a 5th or 6th round pick?

Last edited:
I think there were better options--he never lived up to the hype at Wisconsin--hopefully Cam can prepare him to be his replacement.
They say he killed it at the Senior Bowl. Great leverage and showed pass rush to compliment his run defense.

Reactions: royboy

LB?
Safety?
WR?
Third round, seems perfect for them to pick another wide receiver, who ends up being a pro bowler.

They say he killed it at the Senior Bowl. Great leverage and showed pass rush to compliment his run defense.
Right...he jumped because of the senior bowl practices. Don't get me wrong. He was the best 34 DE on the board. There were just guys I'd have preferred at that spot. Trusting the process though and he has the right mentor.

LB?
Safety?
WR?
Daniel Jeremiah on NFL Network very complimentary on Steelers draft

In his final mock draft, Jeremiah had

Broderick Jones -- 17
Joey Porter Jr -- 24
Keannu Benton -- 28

Reactions: GregInPitt
It's funny that some people thought him going on Day 2 was crazy yet he went in Rd 2. Congrats to Strange.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT