ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State/NFL Draft

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Looking forward to seeing the next 3 days where Penn Staters end up....

My thoughts

Joey Porter Jr--I can't see anyway he slips past Detroit at 18 though they are now desperate for a WR. I'd like to see him end up in Philly, Pittsburgh, New England or Detroit because I believe those places give him the best opportunity to succeed. If for some reason he does fall and guys like Forbes or Cam Smith jump him Minnesota and the Giants would be ideal spots as well. Maybe even Baltimore.

Ji'Ayir Brown--seems like day 2 is a safe bet--hopefully anyway. Somewhere between 50-75. Kid really could be good at the next level and I'm unimpressed with the other safeties in this draft. I think Branch is more of a nickel CB than a Safety. He'd look good in Black & Gold at 49 or 80.

Brenton Strange--projections have him everywhere from first to seventh. Tons of great TE prospects in this draft but I'm being optimistic and saying he goes late on day 2.

Parker Washington--literally no idea. After the top 4-5 WRs anything could happen. Playing it safe and saying 4th round but wouldn't be shocked if he went on day 2 or kept falling.

Juice Scruggs--I'm not as high on him as the "experts"--I think he's a 5th/6th round guy that could be a great depth guy in the NFL. Don't really see him as a starter.

Sean Clifford--expecting someone to take a flier on him in the 6th or 7th. He's in the mix with guys like Duggan, Bagent and Martinez. I think this is going to be a heavy draft for QBs with 15-17 coming off the boards. Most of them on day 3. Not sure any after the top 5 go before the 4th.

Mitchell Tinsley--7th round/UDFA

PJ Mustipher--UDFA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT