ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders reaffirms....

It's called hoping against hope. That's why they are here, instead of on their own boards. Somehow posting it here makes it seem more real to them.

It's called hoping against hope. That's why they are here, instead of on their own boards. Somehow posting it here makes it seem more real to them.

"Hey, if Sanders won't make us relevant, we'll try to make us relevant."

I do but you apparently don't.

He wants to get a feel for what it's like on the inside...not from the outside looking in. He's taking an official visit because he is very interested. It's easy to see.

It's common knowledge around Pittsburgh that the local HS coaches and the 16 and 17 recruits really like Coach Narduzzi and his staff.

He may or may not end up at Pitt but make no mistake, Sanders is interested and so are the rest of the WPIAL kids.
That is somewhat true at best. Everyone including this board thinks you got a great coach. It is def not fair to say that recruits really like it, ie Donovan Jeter

Around Pittsburgh, it's the Pitt people who are saying how much all the players love Narduzzi. No prominent high school coaches have been quoted saying that. And there has been no tidal wave of recruiting success.

They will eventually get some of the local kids, and Narduzzi may well become a successful head coach, but it's very unlikely that he'll become a recruiter like JF is. He was not known as a recruiter at MSU, no matter what the Pitt guys think. They were very successful coaching up middling recruits there, I will give them that. Very successful.

It's true, JF has more to sell than Narduzzi does, but some people are salesmen and some people aren't. Some people like recruiting, some tolerate it. JF is both a fabulous salesman, and for some reason seems to love recruiting.

Reactions: Coultr77
That is somewhat true at best. Everyone including this board thinks you got a great coach. It is def not fair to say that recruits really like it, ie Donovan Jeter

Not everyone believes pitt got a great coach. Narduzzi was a great defensive coordinator at MSU. Is he going to be a great head coach? Is he going to be a great head coach at pitt? That remains to be seen. I think he sees that recruiting at pitt is difficult, especially going up against Franklin and Penn State. Narduzzi has to be concerned already about what he can really accomplish at pitt.

Not everyone believes pitt got a great coach. Narduzzi was a great defensive coordinator at MSU. Is he going to be a great head coach? Is he going to be a great head coach at pitt? That remains to be seen. I think he sees that recruiting at pitt is difficult, especially going up against Franklin and Penn State. Narduzzi has to be concerned already about what he can really accomplish at pitt.
I think you are being a bit biased here. The same things are being said about Franklin

I think you are being a bit biased here. The same things are being said about Franklin

You said everyone feels Narduzzi is a great coach. That is not true.

Obviously the jury is still out on Franklin at Penn State. He only has one season under his belt in Happy Valley. It was a difficult season, but anyone with knowledge of Penn State Football should have known that going in. When the sanctions were announced in 2012, those knowledgeable of Penn State's roster pointed to 2014 as the low point in terms of depth. Despite that, Penn State finished 7-6 and won a bowl game. That's a great start. Given that and the way Franklin is recruiting, it is fair to say that the future is bright in Happy Valley.

A key difference between Franklin and Narduzzi, obviously, is that Franklin came to Penn State with success as a head coach, while Narduzzi came to pitt with no head coaching experience. Furthermore, Narduzzi is yet to land a top recruit that Franklin targeted. It is likely to happen at some point (you can't get everyone), but it is hardly a stretch to expect that Franklin will have greater recruiting success than Narduzzi. Franklin has more to sell and is more charismatic.

Nobody knows what the future will bring, but my assessments of Franklin versus Narduzzi and Penn State versus pitt are far more reasonable than what the pitt athletic supporters are selling.

I think Sanders is 100% PSU. He wants to take the OV's because its an opportunity that few get. Why not take them? You get to check out a place for free (even though you might have been there before). There is no need to get upset when you don't know his thought process or reasoning.

Also, there is no need to continuously put down opposing views from people coming from different universities. They have their point of view (good for them) and we have ours (good for us). I just don't see the need to continuously put down the pitt posters at every chance. If we disagree on some topic (like this one), then we all can just agree to disagree. Quite simple!

This is the kind of talk that really makes me question your sanity? Yes, PSU is more of a brand than Pitt and I can acknowledge that. However, you haven't won squat since beating Miami back when Sandusky was coaching. Now come down off your high horse and realize Penn State hasn't been a Prom Queen since the 80s.

Penn State was a top 10 program through the 1990s. In 2000s, with an aging staff and a coach in his 80s, the program dropped to a top 25 program. Then the sanctions hit and we still remained above average. We came through the sanctions much better than expected and much better than other teams have historically faired (See Miami during sanctions). We are clearly on the right track to once again becoming a top 10 program within the next few years. That is the expectation at PSU and a coach will not be considered a success until such status is reached again. That is the bar at PSU. Sanders, and other recruits, can see that bar and recognize the trajectory of the program.

Pitt hasn't had a top 20 recruiting class since I can remember. I cannot remember the last time Pitt even cracked the top 25 at any point during the year. Narduzzi has had success as a defensive coordinator but he has absolutely experience running an offense let alone an entire program. Thus far, his recruiting has been POOR. He hasn't successfully recruited one player that PSU has wanted (Whitehead was already committed before Narduzzi became coach). He was unable to make any splash hires and Pitt's hire at Offensive Coordinator was unexciting to say the least. Narduzzi may end up being successful at Pitt but that is yet to be seen and he is not off to a great start. Recruits can see the trajectory of Pitt's program and recognize Pitt will never be a relevant program.

If Narduzzi is able to obtain modest success at Pitt, he will be using Pitt as a stepping stone to the next program. I have seen Pitt fans projecting a 10 win season this year based on a weak schedule. If that happens, IMO there is a greater than 50% chance Narduzzi will be gone next year.

Pitt has nothing to sell Sanders but proximity to his house and some magical bean story about how RB's have success at Pitt regardless of who the coach is. While it worries me that Sanders is taking visits, I am thankful that the competition is Pitt rather than some other more relevant program.

Of course you fail to tell folks here you that you came over to the Pitt board and posted the link.

Penn State was a top 10 program through the 1990s. In 2000s, with an aging staff and a coach in his 80s, the program dropped to a top 25 program. Then the sanctions hit and we still remained above average. We came through the sanctions much better than expected and much better than other teams have historically faired (See Miami during sanctions). We are clearly on the right track to once again becoming a top 10 program within the next few years. That is the expectation at PSU and a coach will not be considered a success until such status is reached again. That is the bar at PSU. Sanders, and other recruits, can see that bar and recognize the trajectory of the program.

Pitt hasn't had a top 20 recruiting class since I can remember. I cannot remember the last time Pitt even cracked the top 25 at any point during the year. Narduzzi has had success as a defensive coordinator but he has absolutely experience running an offense let alone an entire program. Thus far, his recruiting has been POOR. He hasn't successfully recruited one player that PSU has wanted (Whitehead was already committed before Narduzzi became coach). He was unable to make any splash hires and Pitt's hire at Offensive Coordinator was unexciting to say the least. Narduzzi may end up being successful at Pitt but that is yet to be seen and he is not off to a great start. Recruits can see the trajectory of Pitt's program and recognize Pitt will never be a relevant program.

If Narduzzi is able to obtain modest success at Pitt, he will be using Pitt as a stepping stone to the next program. I have seen Pitt fans projecting a 10 win season this year based on a weak schedule. If that happens, IMO there is a greater than 50% chance Narduzzi will be gone next year.

Pitt has nothing to sell Sanders but proximity to his house and some magical bean story about how RB's have success at Pitt regardless of who the coach is. While it worries me that Sanders is taking visits, I am thankful that the competition is Pitt rather than some other more relevant program.

Again, I'm not comparing Pitt to you. I'm telling you to look in the mirror and realize...you no longer are the Prom Queen you guys act like. Like I've said I'd like to see both teams become relevant. Reality is neither team is regardless of the reasons.

Why debate with these a-holes from Pitt? I can imagine what they're saying about you guys on the Liar and I'm not about to dirty myself by going over to find out.

Reactions: simons96
True. It was an attempt to fill in a gap. Your guy said that he had inside info that Sanders was wavering. I posted that article on him from the very same day, with no comment. Is that trolling?

Why debate with these a-holes from Pitt? I can imagine what they're saying about you guys on the Liar and I'm not about to dirty myself by going over to find out.
Just stop. These are the kind of posts that are truly meaningless.

Again, I'm not comparing Pitt to you. I'm telling you to look in the mirror and realize...you no longer are the Prom Queen you guys act like. Like I've said I'd like to see both teams become relevant. Reality is neither team is regardless of the reasons.

Don't kid yourself, PSU is on a different planet than Pitt when it comes to football relevancy and potential for football relevancy in the future. Pitt has no chance for football relevancy at any time in the near future while PSU is on the rise and has reasonable expectations to be a powerhouse once again within 3 years.

Is it lost on kids that PSU puts players in the pros...even though Franklin and company never had them on the practice field? You don't think anoybody on the PSU staff has talked to Ferns about PSU being LB U? Really? You don't think they've talked to him about Poz and Sean Lee?

One of the things you sell is tradition. For Pitt part of that is a tradition of outstanding RB's and an NFL pipeline at the position. You sell the vision of them being in that situation and Pitt being a school where you can excel and get drafted eventually.

No, I don't think that PSU is trying to sell recruits on past accomplishments by athletes that played under other coaches. I do think that they try to sell kids on what they will do that maximize their talent. The approach you suggest is little more than saying "you'll make it to the NFL by coming here because somebody who played here else did." FWIW, I don't believe that Narduzzi is going to dust off names from the past and try to sell recruits on connections that are dubious at best. I think he's going to sell kids on himself, his staff, his approach to football, and remind them that Pittsburgh is a football town that that has supported a CFB winner at Pitt in the not-that-distant past. Sometimes, a coach can pull it off he has roots with the program because he can connect the dots between himself and the past. Beyond that, you're in Nick Saban at Alabama territory - salute the past and talk about how you're going to bring it back your way.

CFB tradition, whether at PSU or any other school, isn't about putting players in the NFL at any position. It's about the the things around the program that make it unique - iconic uniforms, gameday rituals, instantly recognizable mascots, game day atmosphere, etc. that make the program unique.

Last edited:
No, I don't think that PSU is trying to sell recruits on past accomplishments by athletes that played under other coaches. I do think that they try to sell kids on what they will do that maximize their talent. The approach you suggest is little more than saying "you'll make it to the NFL by coming here because somebody who played here else did." FWIW, I don't believe that Narduzzi is going to dust off names from the past and try to sell recruits on connections that are dubious at best. I think he's going to sell kids on himself, his staff, his approach to football, and remind them that Pittsburgh is a football town that that has supported a CFB winner at Pitt in the not-that-distant past. Sometimes, a coach can pull it off he has roots with the program because he can connect the dots between himself and the past. Beyond that, you're in Nick Saban at Alabama territory - salute the past and talk about how you're going to bring it back your way.

CFB tradition, whether at PSU or any other school, isn't about putting players in the NFL at any position. It's about the the things around the program that make it unique - iconic uniforms, gameday rituals, instantly recognizable mascots, game day atmosphere, etc. that make the program unique.
I agree with much of what you say. Relative to the NFL players and position success I guess we'll agree to disagree.

yeah we frequently get gems like this on BWI:

I'm absolutely SHOCKED that PSU, when getting unpleasant publicity for the exposure of f*****g little boys up the a*s, made the PR move to schedule a couple token games with Pitt to buy some local good will. Yet now that they've bought their way out of the scandal, won't return Pitt's calls. SHOCKED, I say.

But not shocked in the least that the naive and easily-dupe Pitt administration (and many fans) were duped that this was a sign of full-time renewal.

Pitt should have told PSU to take their transparent scheme and stick it up a 7 year old's rectum along with Sandusky's johnson. And cancelled the other two. WVU is no picnic either but they don't rape young boys.

Getting ready to go to a house BBQ in a little while. Most of the guys are Pitt Alums but we have 2 Ped Staters we will crucify as usual!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Yes, it is just a football game. So why oh why couldn't PSU coaches Mike McQueary and Joe Paterno call the actual police when one witnessed and the other was informed of inappropriate sexual conduct occurring by a former football coach given access to the PSU football facilities by PSU admin? I'm not talking about calling Schultz on Monday. (Would you not call the fire department for a fire on Saturday to avoid ruining their weekend?) I'm talking about calling the actual police, you know, the ones with the cars with flashing lights, badges and uniforms and other police type stuff.

Would this same scenario have occurred if an ex-library staff member was molesting a child in the library?

It is just football, and that is our point! It is time for you to realize it is just football and realize that you are not better than everyone else based on your false prophet football coach's charade of "success with honor".

So here is another example of pure PSU arrogance. One of my local state reps wants to name a bridge in Paterno's honor. Please tell me when the hero worship of a dead coach is going to end. But this is what these groupthink idiots only obsess about. And I get it. They were spoon fed a narrative that ultimately proved untrue. The world got to see that Hero Coach was a man that made a huge mistake that ran counter to the lies he fed the masses. And if somehow the cult can redefine the narrative (Freeh lied, Erikson lied, the 3 stooges lied, Sandusky is actually innocent, there was a rush to judgement, ESPN is jealous of us) they believe that what they have lived for will mean something again.

yeah we frequently get gems like this on BWI:

I'm absolutely SHOCKED that PSU, when getting unpleasant publicity for the exposure of f*****g little boys up the a*s, made the PR move to schedule a couple token games with Pitt to buy some local good will. Yet now that they've bought their way out of the scandal, won't return Pitt's calls. SHOCKED, I say.

But not shocked in the least that the naive and easily-dupe Pitt administration (and many fans) were duped that this was a sign of full-time renewal.

Pitt should have told PSU to take their transparent scheme and stick it up a 7 year old's rectum along with Sandusky's johnson. And cancelled the other two. WVU is no picnic either but they don't rape young boys.

Getting ready to go to a house BBQ in a little while. Most of the guys are Pitt Alums but we have 2 Ped Staters we will crucify as usual!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Yes, it is just a football game. So why oh why couldn't PSU coaches Mike McQueary and Joe Paterno call the actual police when one witnessed and the other was informed of inappropriate sexual conduct occurring by a former football coach given access to the PSU football facilities by PSU admin? I'm not talking about calling Schultz on Monday. (Would you not call the fire department for a fire on Saturday to avoid ruining their weekend?) I'm talking about calling the actual police, you know, the ones with the cars with flashing lights, badges and uniforms and other police type stuff.

Would this same scenario have occurred if an ex-library staff member was molesting a child in the library?

It is just football, and that is our point! It is time for you to realize it is just football and realize that you are not better than everyone else based on your false prophet football coach's charade of "success with honor".

So here is another example of pure PSU arrogance. One of my local state reps wants to name a bridge in Paterno's honor. Please tell me when the hero worship of a dead coach is going to end. But this is what these groupthink idiots only obsess about. And I get it. They were spoon fed a narrative that ultimately proved untrue. The world got to see that Hero Coach was a man that made a huge mistake that ran counter to the lies he fed the masses. And if somehow the cult can redefine the narrative (Freeh lied, Erikson lied, the 3 stooges lied, Sandusky is actually innocent, there was a rush to judgement, ESPN is jealous of us) they believe that what they have lived for will mean something again.

What quality. The sad thing is some of these pitt athletic supporters probably have jobs with responsibility for others and/or some responsibility over a business's finances. Some might even have families. To post like you should be locked up in an asylum for eternity but actually be free to mingle in society is a scary thought.

What quality. The sad thing is some of these pitt athletic supporters probably have jobs with responsibility for others and/or some responsibility over a business's finances. Some might even have families. To post like you should be locked up in an asylum for eternity but actually be free to mingle in society is a scary thought.

that took me 5 minutes to dig up on one thread. like skimming the surface of a cess pool

And they just went through the same scenario with Paul Chryst who was a great coordinator with zero head coaching experience and zero charisma. It was embarrassing watching Narduzzi at his first press conference. He looked, and sounded, terrified. Contrast that with Franklin's "Dominate the State" press conference. There is no comparison between the two and kids will see it immediately.

Honestly, most of us try to stay away from the Lair. But it's like the National Enquirer in the grocery store line, or a bad accident on the highway, or the incredibly gross couple nearly having sex in a public place. You know that you shouldn't look, that it's bad for you, that it demeans you. But still, you can't not do it, at least once in a while. Once in a blue moon, we all have the need to descend into hell and see what it's like.

And they just went through the same scenario with Paul Chryst who was a great coordinator with zero head coaching experience and zero charisma. It was embarrassing watching Narduzzi at his first press conference. He looked, and sounded, terrified. Contrast that with Franklin's "Dominate the State" press conference. There is no comparison between the two and kids will see it immediately.

It's funny to see the pitt athletic supporters try to convince the world that Narduzzitt is it. I am reminded of a line from an old Law & Order episode. Narduzzi isn't Mister Right. He's Mister Right Now.

I'll buy the superiority crap when you start competing for your conference title regularly. Until then it is all hot air. Potential means nothing. I believe Tim Worley had more potential than Merrill Hodge in his day too.

Correct Narduzzi is honest and genuine whereas Franklin is a huge phony who tells anybody what they want to hear.

Correct Narduzzi is honest and genuine whereas Franklin is a huge phony who tells anybody what they want to hear.

Kind of funny how the genuine and honest Narduzzi has yet to land any of these Pittsburgh kids that think so highly of him. You would think these kids would want to jump on board with honest Pat to get the recruiting ball rolling, so they aren't stuck with a 2 star lineman and a qb who hasn't been able to beat out a low rates kid on his own high school team.
Narduzzi has generated zero interest outside of Pittsburgh. You don't even see many kids mention Pitt as an option

WPB. Your history is a bit off pal! On both programs. PSU not top 10 for most of 1990s and not top 25 after 2000 quite a few times. People and Admin wanted Paterno to step down multiple times during your timeline. Pitt actually did crack the top 25 and top 20 a few times. Nothing for them to be proud of but your post is off. No history nut here but I follow all three local teams including WVU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT