ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders reaffirms....

I'll buy the superiority crap when you start competing for your conference title regularly. Until then it is all hot air. Potential means nothing. I believe Tim Worley had more potential than Merrill Hodge in his day too.
Potential is all recruits have to look at. No team is guaranteed to be competing for a title over the next 5 years but they do have the potential to compete for titles. Alabama and OSU have more potential to be competing for a title than PSU in the next 5 years than PSU and PSU has more potential than Pitt to be competing for a title.

Potential is all recruits have to look at. No team is guaranteed to be competing for a title over the next 5 years but they do have the potential to compete for titles. Alabama and OSU have more potential to be competing for a title than PSU in the next 5 years than PSU and PSU has more potential than Pitt to be competing for a title.

No doubt. I hope you do...I just don't get the chest beating over potential. I'll say the same thing to you I say about Pitt. Put it on the field.

Says the guy whose team was rejected half a dozen times from the conference that we're in.

You don't get it...I don't care how Pitt compares to you. I care about each teams record. Im not going to puff my chest out over .500 records. Let's hope both teams make the top 25 this year.

PSU is not for everyone. Pitt is sometimes a better fit. Academics, expectations, competition ALL are different. Pitt has mostly declined as the quantity and quality of wester PA HS football has declined. They have not done so well getting kids from NJ and Maryland. PSU has been able to expand its recruiting.
As for me, I would have loved to see Pitt in the Big 10, but that's just me. I am happy with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers.

Kind of funny how the genuine and honest Narduzzi has yet to land any of these Pittsburgh kids that think so highly of him. You would think these kids would want to jump on board with honest Pat to get the recruiting ball rolling, so they aren't stuck with a 2 star lineman and a qb who hasn't been able to beat out a low rates kid on his own high school team.
Narduzzi has generated zero interest outside of Pittsburgh. You don't even see many kids mention Pitt as an option
Honestly, Narduzzi hasn't coached a game. It is in the recruits best interest and Narduzzi's to wait. Narduzzi could load up on 2* and 3* recruits...but why take them if you feel you can win? Then the potential for higher rated recruiting exists. I'm not saying this is what is happening. However, if I were a confident coach...that is what I would do. I have no idea if Narduzzi will be able to put it on the field. At this point, he has done everything right as a new coach and I will trust in him...Until he gives me enough reason not too.

Yeah, you are right. I'm sure that is their strategy. Don't recruit much at all until we start to play, and then when we run the table they'll be fighting for offers from us.

Very creative, very optimistic, and very unlikely.

Honestly, most of us try to stay away from the Lair. But it's like the National Enquirer in the grocery store line, or a bad accident on the highway, or the incredibly gross couple nearly having sex in a public place. You know that you shouldn't look, that it's bad for you, that it demeans you. But still, you can't not do it, at least once in a while. Once in a blue moon, we all have the need to descend into hell and see what it's like.

Aren't u the one who first felt the need to "descend into hell" to tell the gross couple of your "100% committed" recruit taking a visit to Pitt?

I also find it comical you would call out Pitt fans when many of your own fans are openly pining for your former defense coordinator, convicted on 45 counts of pedophilia, to get a new trial saying he was "railroaded". Yeah we are the bad accident. o_O

Yeah, you are right. I'm sure that is their strategy. Don't recruit much at all until we start to play, and then when we run the table they'll be fighting for offers from us.

Very creative, very optimistic, and very unlikely.

Yeah, that's it. Let's lay back, recruit no one of merit, beat the considerably more talented in-state flagship school, and have 5-stars beating the door down in Oakland. Yeah, that's the plan. Penn State is falling into pitt's trap. Duh.

Last edited:
Aren't u the one who first felt the need to "descend into hell" to tell the gross couple of your "100% committed" recruit taking a visit to Pitt?

I also find it comical you would call out Pitt fans when many of your own fans are openly pining for your former defense coordinator, convicted on 45 counts of pedophilia, to get a new trial saying he was "railroaded". Yeah we are the bad accident. o_O

Just can't resist bringing up Jerry, can you? Where would you guys be without him? You all would be so disappointed if he never existed, wouldn't you?

When you are reduced to bringing up Jerry, yet one more time, we know we've won. Again.

Just can't resist bringing up Jerry, can you? Where would you guys be without him? You all would be so disappointed if he never existed, wouldn't you?

When you are reduced to bringing up Jerry, yet one more time, we know we've won. Again.

Why do these clowns continue to bring up something they don't understand?

They ought to be reminded of this: JoePa = 409. The in-state "rival", the states' flagship school, is home to the winningest coach in Division I. pitt can suck on it.

Dion, my post wasn't about anything regarding your history lesson you posted pal! It was about the 90s and 2000s. PSUs place in history is impressive and respected! At least by this poster! I stated clearly that Pitt's status over the last 20 years is nothing to be proud of! So stay on task and quit making things up to make yourself feel better about the simple fact that neither program is respected nationally today! PSU has had pockets of success over the last couple of decades but nothing to establish the program nationally. Do I think PSU can get back to a top 10-15 program, yes! Can Pitt? Not sure but I know the right coach is key at both Universities. Pitt hired one of the most respected assistants in the country! Same concept as PSUs last hire. It was a good hire. Time will tell how it works out. I'm a believer that both program don't need each other! I also believe both programs can be excellent at the same time! so this zero-sum all or nothing game some of you anguish over is ridiculous!

Why do these clowns continue to bring up something they don't understand?

They ought to be reminded of this: JoePa = 409. The in-state "rival", the states' flagship school, is home to the winningest coach in Division I. pitt can suck on it.

I'm glad you are proud of him...I'm not.

No, but you are very happy that he did what he did. It continues to make you all very happy, and if you were all given the choice to make it never have happened, to spare those kids what they went thru, I suspect that most of you would quietly decline to allow that to happen.

Too many Pitt fans have used Jerry's crimes as a way to elevate Pitt and themselves, and they'd never want that to be erased. You know it's true.

Reactions: simons96
No, but you are very happy that he did what he did. It continues to make you all very happy, and if you were all given the choice to make it never have happened, to spare those kids what they went thru, I suspect that most of you would quietly decline to allow that to happen.

Too many Pitt fans have used Jerry's crimes as a way to elevate Pitt and themselves, and they'd never want that to be erased. You know it's true.

It kills the pitt athletic supporters that Penn State Football did not die like they all hoped back in 2012. It kills them.

You are absolutely right about pitt athletic supporters and sandusky. They don't care about the victims. They care about using sandusky, especially the false narrative as it relates to sandusky, to try to put down Penn State and therefore elevate pitt. They know pitt can't be elevated on its own merit, so they have to use sandusky in a pathetic attempt to make Penn State a punchline and feel better about pitt.

Pitt is where you commit when Penn State doesn't offer. It's like comparing filet mignon and flank steak. One its just better. Too bad, soo sad.

pkg - I couldn't disagree with the second part of your post more. WE ARE better than Pitt, and there is no arguing that point.

Lionroar.. Read my post again.. No where in my post did I mention Pitt was better than us or PSU was better than them. Please don't put words in my mouth. All is said was that there was no need to constantly put down opposing views from fans from other universities. That's all I said.

Lionroar.. Read my post again.. No where in my post did I mention Pitt was better than us or PSU was better than them. Please don't put words in my mouth. All is said was that there was no need to constantly put down opposing views from fans from other universities. That's all I said.

Stop it. The pitt athletic supporters who post here are irrational. Some of them are trolls. Stop trying to be the peacekeeper.

Stop it. The pitt athletic supporters who post here are irrational. Some of them are trolls. Stop trying to be the peacekeeper.

I am not trying to be the peacekeeper. Some of us are actually trying to have a conversation with them. But you guys keep driving them away. Yes some are trolls, but not all. You treat everyone and anything from Pitt as a troll.

Correct Narduzzi is honest and genuine whereas Franklin is a huge phony who tells anybody what they want to hear.

None of the people who matter, the kids, feel that way about Franklin. And you made the same points regarding Chryst. Somehow Pitt fans equate sucking at recruiting with being "genuine". Recruiting is about two things: charisma and selling of a vision. Narduzi has very little charisma and no one believes he will be at Pitt more than a few years. If he has any kind of success or if Dantonio steps down he is gone. What you have now is what you are likely to get. Commits from recruits who have few other major options except for a local guy or two who may give in to the non-stop pressure and stay home.

I am not trying to be the peacekeeper. Some of us are actually trying to have a conversation with them. But you guys keep driving them away. Yes some are trolls, but not all. You treat everyone and anything from Pitt as a troll.

Feel free to name the ones who aren't trolls.

Trying to have a conversation with pitters. That's funny.

And where is your reading comprehension? I said the pitters here were irrational and that some were trolls.

We don't drive them all away. Some pitters are here every day. They are here for you. Just don't tell me how to treat them. I don't take posting instructions from you.

Somehow Pitt fans equate sucking at recruiting with being "genuine".

That's a great quote. It's amazing what the pitters can try to rationalize. So Franklin is only a successful recruiter because he is liar? Is that it? I guess these pitters are in these kids' living rooms with Franklin. So what pray tell is Franklin lying about?

On the flip side, I guess Narduzzi is struggling on the recruiting trail because he is being honest. I guess he is telling kids things like, "Yes, we are mediocre. Yes, we play to an empty stadium. Yes, we are well behind Penn State. Come to pitt and be part of nothing."

Trying to have a conversation with pitters. That's funny.

And where is your reading comprehension? I said the pitters here were irrational and that some were trolls.

We don't drive them all away. Some pitters are here every day. They are here for you. Just don't tell me how to treat them. I don't take posting instructions from you.

lol.. Relax bob, no need to get all pissy. You can continue to do what you do if it pleases you. I am not having an argument with you. Relax.

So what pray tell is Franklin lying about?

"Players who decommit are not men of honor, or men of integrity..."

Of course then he was quickly out the door and doing his best to flip every recruit he could. Did none of the Vandy recruits who flipped to PSU have honor or integrity? Do Nick Bowers or Kevin Givens have no honor or integrity? Does that only apply to guys like Wimbush, Barajas, Dorian Johnson or JP Holtz?

Didn't Chryst take a few recruits with him? It's just that being from Pitt, he didn't have all that many to take along.

Didn't Chryst take a few recruits with him? It's just that being from Pitt, he didn't have all that many to take along.
Chryst didn't make a public proclamation about kids who decommit not having honor or integrity...which by logical extension, of course, means that the coach trying to convince kids to decommit lacks integrity and honor.

The man who made those comments regarding lack of honor and integrity was James Franklin, so what Paul Chryst did or didn't do is moot. He is under no obligation to adhere to James Franklin's "principles"...of course as we have seen James Franklin is apparently under no obligation to adhere to James Franklin's "principles" in this regard.

I guess he has a flexible ethical guideline. If you do it, you lack honor and integrity. If I do it, it is perfectly fine and expected.

pittguy81.. Do you think Nard is not using such tactics or any sort of tactics to get players to commit to Pitt? Just because Nard hasn't said anything in the open for everyone to hear, we don't know what he is actually telling recruits. For all you know he could possibly be negatively recruiting against us.

lol.. Relax bob, no need to get all pissy. You can continue to do what you do if it pleases you. I am not having an argument with you. Relax.

Hey, you started this. First, you try to tell me how to respond to pitters. Now you try to tell me how to post in general. Seriously, f*** off.

Hey, you started this. First, you try to tell me how to respond to pitters. Now you try to tell me how to post in general. Seriously, f*** off.

....... nvrmnd! and I suggest you tone down ur attitude. I didn't insult you or say anything that should get you all upset. Anyways, im done with this back and forth. Back to the topic on hand.

pittguy81.. Do you think Nard is not using such tactics or any sort of tactics to get players to commit to Pitt? Just because Nard hasn't said anything in the open for everyone to hear, we don't know what he is actually telling recruits. For all you know he could possibly be negatively recruiting against us.
The fact is every program in the country has negative recruiting in their arsenal, including PSU and Pitt.

The fact is every program in the country has negative recruiting in their arsenal, including PSU and Pitt.

Exactly! So why then are you fixated on that one point where Franklin said what he said but yet took players from other universities. Like who cares? These coaches are getting paid millions to do a job. They will and are expected to get the best recruits for their program and get immediate results. It is what it is. I just don't understand why you guys are so fixated on that one thing he said. I think you guys should be spending your time worrying about how Nard will do in the recruiting trail and how your upcoming season will pan out, as opposed to worrying or complaining about each and every little thing franklin does or says.

Exactly! So why then are you fixated on that one point where Franklin said what he said but yet took players from other universities. Like who cares? These coaches are getting paid millions to do a job. They will and are expected to get the best recruits for their program and get immediate results. It is what it is. I just don't understand why you guys are so fixated on that one thing he said. I think you guys should be spending your time worrying about how Nard will do in the recruiting trail and how your upcoming season will pan out, as opposed to worrying or complaining about each and every little thing franklin does or says.
The quote and then his subsequent actions are a perfect illustration of hypocrisy. Honestly the guy says whatever his audience wants to hear

And you wish your guy had his level of success. If you weren't threatened by him, you wouldn't be here.

The real reason you hate him so much is because of Givens and Bowers. That is when he demonstrated that he could pretty much take whoever he wanted away from you.

You only hate what you fear. If Franklin was Paul Chryst they wouldn't even know Penn State brought in a new HC. But, he's the dominator and he takes what he wants. He is Pitt's worst nightmare. For as long as he remains at Penn State, he will own the state and the DMV. Deal with it.

4* after 4* after 4*. Not too bad for a school that was left for dead and everyone and their brother claimed would never recover. Gotta love looking at those old tweets and posts by every moron with an opinion about what was in store for the future of the program.

They didn't count on Bill O'Brien and they didn't count on CJF. Probably because they can't count, but nevertheless, they were wrong. Dead wrong.

Get out of the dominators way, pick up the scraps that he leaves behind and be happy that your lucky enough to get those. The momentum is building and within a few years this program is going to be back in full force.

Deal with it.

And you wish your guy had his level of success. If you weren't threatened by him, you wouldn't be here.

The real reason you hate him so much is because of Givens and Bowers. That is when he demonstrated that he could pretty much take whoever he wanted away from you.
His level of success was 7-6. I'm here due to you posting on the Pitt site. Using your logic you are therefore threatened by Narduzzi.

As for Givens and Bowers, when they committed to Pitt you guys laughed and said they sucked. When they flipped they were great players who were under-rated. We realize that both of them never would have committed to Pitt if they had PSU offers. They both grew up PSU fans. The funny thing is how you changed your tune about them. Are you rally beating your chest about taking a few 3 star recruits away from a coach who had been on the job for 3 weeks? Really?

You only hate what you fear. If Franklin was Paul Chryst they wouldn't even know Penn State brought in a new HC. But, he's the dominator and he takes what he wants. He is Pitt's worst nightmare. For as long as he remains at Penn State, he will own the state and the DMV. Deal with it.

4* after 4* after 4*. Not too bad for a school that was left for dead and everyone and their brother claimed would never recover. Gotta love looking at those old tweets and posts by every moron with an opinion about what was in store for the future of the program.

They didn't count on Bill O'Brien and they didn't count on CJF. Probably because they can't count, but nevertheless, they were wrong. Dead wrong.

Get out of the dominators way, pick up the scraps that he leaves behind and be happy that your lucky enough to get those. The momentum is building and within a few years this program is going to be back in full force.

Deal with it.
The dominator went 7-6 last year and frequently looked lost on the sideline during the game. The Dominator also had a losing record at Vandy against teams that were over .500

I will admit the Half man Half female lion photoshop was unique.

The dominator went 7-6 last year and frequently looked lost on the sideline during the game. The Dominator also had a losing record at Vandy against teams that were over .500

I will admit the Half man Half female lion photoshop was unique.

O'Brien went 7-5 his last year. I guess he's overrated as well? I'm sure 2013-2014 had nothing to do with sanction limitations. More likely that both coaches are just overrated.

Just the beginning. Deal with it.

The best part is, Pitt grabbed one of the better D coordinators in the B1G and the nation. Yet, PSU had the 2nd ranked D in the nation last year and schools such as LSU want our D coordinator terribly. Ha, even our coordinators have more appeal than your head coach. No worries, I'm sure the 41 points Baylor dropped on his vaunted defense was just an anomaly.

Fear. You're going to have to deal with it.

O'Brien went 7-5 his last year. I guess he's overrated as well? I'm sure 2013-2014 had nothing to do with sanction limitations. More likely that both coaches are just overrated.

Just the beginning. Deal with it.

The best part is, Pitt grabbed one of the better D coordinators in the B1G and the nation. Yet, PSU had the 2nd ranked D in the nation last year and schools such as LSU want our D coordinator terribly. Ha, even our coordinators have more appeal than your head coach. No worries, I'm sure the 41 points Baylor dropped on his vaunted defense was just an anomaly.

Fear. You're going to have to deal with it.
Baylor lead the nation in total offense and scoring offense...and MSU shut them down in the second half and won the game. The 41 pts was below their season average as well.

Meanwhile in the Pinstripe Bowl, the BC QB went nuts running all over the vaunted PSU defense. Funny thing is as putrid as the Pitt defense was, it did a much better job against him and BC in a dominating Pitt win. Go figure.

Baylor lead the nation in total offense and scoring offense...and MSU shut them down in the second half and won the game. The 41 pts was below their season average as well.

Meanwhile in the Pinstripe Bowl, the BC QB went nuts running all over the vaunted PSU defense. Funny thing is as putrid as the Pitt defense was, it did a much better job against him and BC in a dominating Pitt win. Go figure.
Oakland is a vast wonderland on Memorial Day.

As for Givens and Bowers, when they committed to Pitt you guys laughed and said they sucked. When they flipped they were great players who were under-rated.

I really didn't want to get into this childish back and forth, but relative to the above quote, I hope you realize that this board is not a homogenized thought body. We do not all agree on the value of each recruit. While some will be ambivalent about a prospect, others will be enthusiastic about the same prospect.

Also, I do not consider you to be a "troll" and appreciate your lack of vitriolic verbiage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT