ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders reaffirms....

Still better than waffling.

Every time the kid speaks, he says the same thing. It's very encouraging.

Still better than waffling.

Every time the kid speaks, he says the same thing. It's very encouraging.

I agree. You can't ask a kid to be any more specific than he is- repeats he's definitely going to psu and even though he's still taking his 3 recruiting trips to other schools it's just to take the trips basically. Even said he spoke to the coaches about it. He seems like a very straight forward and honest kid.

It's just that I don't get worked up over recruiting until the papers are signed in February. Until then- anything is possible (especially where SEC schools are concerned. Your uncle needs $180,000- no problem...). ;)

I agree. You can't ask a kid to be any more specific than he is- repeats he's definitely going to psu and even though he's still taking his 3 recruiting trips to other schools it's just to take the trips basically. Even said he spoke to the coaches about it. He seems like a very straight forward and honest kid.

It's just that I don't get worked up over recruiting until the papers are signed in February. Until then- anything is possible (especially where SEC schools are concerned. Your uncle needs $180,000- no problem...). ;)
Slight correction. He's taking officials to 2 other schools, not 3.

Don't be surprised if someone blows gold dust and sunshine you know where and he ends up elsewhere. He is a kid after all is said and done.

I'm never surprised when any kid decommits, for the most part, but he's not going to either Pitt or VT. No matter how much the locals here in Pgh think/hope/wish that he will take them seriously, and no matter how many twitter posts or message board posts they put up saying otherwise, he doesn't even seem to know Pitt exists.

Last edited:
Why does there have to be a national signing day? Why can't kids sign a LOI whenever they want? Of course, I'd say that the LOI should only be allowed for seniors.

I'm never surprised when any kid decommits, for the most part, but he's not going to either Pitt or VT. No matter how much the locals here in Pgh think/hope/wish that he will take them seriously, and no matter how many twitter posts or message board posts they put up saying otherwise, he doesn't even seem to know Pitt exists.
Believe me he knows. Why do you think he's taking an official visit to Pitt, because he doesn't know they exist? You better believe he knows of the success of Pitt RB's and the way Pitt puts them in the NFL with regularity. In the past 15 years almost every starting RB for Pitt has played in the NFL....Kevan Barlow, Nick Goings, Rashad Jennings, LaRod Stevens Howling, Dion Lewis, LeSean McCoy...not to mention FB's Lousaka Polite and Henry Hynoski. Ray Graham was a shoe-in prior to his ACL...of course now there is All American James Conner who is destined to be first or second round draft pick.

I'm not trolling or flaming just responding with honesty. Sanders is interested in Pitt. There is no way around it.

No, he's taking an official visit to Pitt so that he can survive locally after he commits here. You don't seem to get that. You are all putting so much pressure on him he feels obligated to make it look like he considered the hometown team, even though there is absolutely no indication other than on your board that this is the case.

He's been here a million times. And he's still taking an official? You don't see what is happening?

Don't be surprised if someone blows gold dust and sunshine you know where and he ends up elsewhere. He is a kid after all is said and done.

Are you intent on driving Sanders away with your posts? Let him take his trips without implying he is looking for a payout. Franklin has recruited some quality young men. Terrific students and athletes with terrific character.

Believe me he knows. Why do you think he's taking an official visit to Pitt, because he doesn't know they exist? You better believe he knows of the success of Pitt RB's and the way Pitt puts them in the NFL with regularity. In the past 15 years almost every starting RB for Pitt has played in the NFL....Kevan Barlow, Nick Goings, Rashad Jennings, LaRod Stevens Howling, Dion Lewis, LeSean McCoy...not to mention FB's Lousaka Polite and Henry Hynoski. Ray Graham was a shoe-in prior to his ACL...of course now there is All American James Conner who is destined to be first or second round draft pick.

I'm not trolling or flaming just responding with honesty. Sanders is interested in Pitt. There is no way around it.

The success of Pitt's RBs under previous coaching staffs means what exactly? Is there some magic powder they get no matter who is the HC? Maybe it's the uniform or playing in front of lots of empty seats that does it. I'm sorry, but your post makes no more sense than PSU fans thinking that we can sell a LB recruit by talking to him about all the PSU LBs than played in the NFL. The staff they will play for had nothing to do with any of that, and recruits are smart enough to know that. If Sanders chooses Pitt, and the odds are no better that he will do that than he will end up at VT, it will be to stay home, not because of some connection between what Shady did under Dave W. or some other kid did under Walt Harris or Paul Chryst.

Last edited:
No, he's taking an official visit to Pitt so that he can survive locally after he commits here. You don't seem to get that. You are all putting so much pressure on him he feels obligated to make it look like he considered the hometown team, even though there is absolutely no indication other than on your board that this is the case.

He's been here a million times. And he's still taking an official? You don't see what is happening?

Or maybe he's saying he's 100% committed to avoid the crazies (all colleges have them, some more so than others) in your fan base blasting him on Twitter. I can't believe you really think he's only taking an official visit to Pitt, or Virginia Tech for that matter, if he's not wavering at least a little. I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Dudes, if this is all a smokescreen by him, and he is truly wavering in spite of the fact that every single day he seems to say otherwise, then you can have him.

However, I still think the odds are way, way in our favor.

Yeah, but when one of the girls is Pitt, that changes things. Sort of like frat guys making a bet and seeing who can do the fattest ugliest chick one night.

And hey, only nine national championships? I thought it was something like 136?

I do but you apparently don't.

He wants to get a feel for what it's like on the inside...not from the outside looking in. He's taking an official visit because he is very interested. It's easy to see.

It's common knowledge around Pittsburgh that the local HS coaches and the 16 and 17 recruits really like Coach Narduzzi and his staff.

He may or may not end up at Pitt but make no mistake, Sanders is interested and so are the rest of the WPIAL kids.

Ok, whatever. They may like him, but funny how none of those kids seem to want to commit to him.

See you in February. We'll tell Boobie you said hello.

The success of Pitt's RBs under previous coaching staffs means what exactly? Is there some magic powder they get no matter who is the HC? Maybe it's the uniform or playing in front of lots of empty seats that does it. I'm sorry, but your post makes no more sense than PSU fans thinking that we can sell a LB recruit by talking to him about all the PSU LBs than played in the NFL. The staff they will play for had nothing to do with any of that, and recruits are smart enough to know that. If Sanders chooses Pitt, and the odds are no better that he will do that than he will end up at VT, it will be to stay home, not because of some connection between what Shady did under Dave W. or some other kid did under Walt Harris or Paul Chryst.
I'm sorry I have to explain this to you. Pitt has had success with RB's irrespective of coach. It's a selling point. It is simply a fact. It's not lost on kids. They know Shady and they know James Conner. Pitt coaches can show the long line of recent Pitt RB's who made it the NFL.

If Sanders ends up at Pitt it is because he likes it better than any other school.

You can be a condescending and arrogant clown, but it doesn't change the lay of the land

Ok, whatever. They may like him, but funny how none of those kids seem to want to commit to him.

See you in February. We'll tell Boobie you said hello.
And none other than Sanders have committed to PSU either...and since his verbal he has been to Pitt a bunch of times and he is scheduling an official visit.

I understand this makes you nervous. You should be.

Good lord. THe fact that he's been to Oakland several times should make you nervous, pittgal.

And none other than Sanders have committed to PSU either...and since his verbal he has been to Pitt a bunch of times and he is scheduling an official visit.

I understand this makes you nervous. You should be.

Oh

I'm sorry I have to explain this to you. Pitt has had success with RB's irrespective of coach. It's a selling point. It is simply a fact. It's not lost on kids. They know Shady and they know James Conner. Pitt coaches can show the long line of recent Pitt RB's who made it the NFL.

If Sanders ends up at Pitt it is because he likes it better than any other school.

You can be a condescending and arrogant clown, but it doesn't change the lay of the land

It's lost on kids because it doesn't make sense. You're saying that that a HC is going to start pointing at players that neither he nor any of his coaches have ever had on a practice field as a reason the kids should become to join his program expecting it to work to sell recruits, and think that qualifies as an "explanation?" Seriously?

It's lost on kids because it doesn't make sense. You're saying that that a HC is going to start pointing at players that neither he nor any of his coaches have ever had on a practice field as a reason the kids should become to join his program expecting it to work to sell recruits, and think that qualifies as an "explanation?" Seriously?

Franklin will convince Sanders to commit to PSU because of Franco.

and Lydell Mitchell, Lenny Moore, Curt Warner, and Larry Johnson.... I'm sure Franklin is evoking Sean Lee, Navarro Bowman, Posluzny, and Cameron Wake to recruit LBs. Recruiting DLs should be a piece of cake, although he might not want to mention that the DC who coached most of those guys is at UCLA, and the position coach is at tOSU. I realize that who was on staff doesn't matter; once a program starts producing players at a position it just happens no matter who coaches, but there's no point in taking a chance.

Reactions: simons96
Yeah, but when one of the girls is Pitt, that changes things. Sort of like frat guys making a bet and seeing who can do the fattest ugliest chick one night.

And hey, only nine national championships? I thought it was something like 136?

This is the kind of talk that really makes me question your sanity? Yes, PSU is more of a brand than Pitt and I can acknowledge that. However, you haven't won squat since beating Miami back when Sandusky was coaching. Now come down off your high horse and realize Penn State hasn't been a Prom Queen since the 80s.

Reactions: daminals76
Nobody is claiming we are relevant. I'm not saying PSU never will be relevant. However, even you must acknowledge it has been a long time since PSU has been in the National Championship conversation?

Nobody is claiming we are relevant. I'm not saying PSU never will be relevant. However, even you must acknowledge it has been a long time since PSU has been in the National Championship conversation?

Actually 2008 after the win in Columbus ...........on the other hand , the last time Pitt finished in the final AP top 10 was .........drumroll..........1982 !!!!

Somehow it seems ironic that someone from Pitt is lecturing us on relevance.

I keep coming back to a few simple, recent facts:

Overall Record, 2012-2014: Penn State, under unjust heavy sanctions: 22-15
Overall Record, 2012-2014: pitt, at the full 85 scholarships: 19-20

Bowl Record, 2012-2014: Penn State, only allowed to play in a bowl one year due to unjust heavy sanctions, but bowl-eligible all three years: 1-0 (win over Boston College)
Bowl Record, 2012-2014: pitt, bowl-eligible all three years: 1-2 (win over Bowling Green, loss to Ole Miss, epic choke job against Houston)

If Penn State is not relevant, what is pitt? :confused:

Reactions: simons96
Sanders is obviously considering Pitt! VT is a smokescreen and an irrelevant trip that probably won't even happen. Also neither Pitt nor PSU have been a legit top ten program for a very long time. PSU has had much more success but neither is respected as a football power in any other place in America. So I agree! Stay on task!

Is it lost on kids that PSU puts players in the pros...even though Franklin and company never had them on the practice field? You don't think anoybody on the PSU staff has talked to Ferns about PSU being LB U? Really? You don't think they've talked to him about Poz and Sean Lee?

One of the things you sell is tradition. For Pitt part of that is a tradition of outstanding RB's and an NFL pipeline at the position. You sell the vision of them being in that situation and Pitt being a school where you can excel and get drafted eventually.

It's a lot easier when there has been recent excellence and success...like Shady McCoy and James Conner. PSU hasn't had a good RB in a pretty long time.

Honey,

I love you and want to marry you. I also want to take 2 really hot girls out for a date just to make sure it is you I wan to marry. I will be scheduling these dates soon!

I love you sweetheart XOXOX

This analogy makes no sense. Pitt is Rosie O'Donnell not a "really hot girl."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT