ADVERTISEMENT

Yariguin Results

Kind of a foolish challenge from Snyder's coaches. Gave the Russian an extra point on a move that was not going to be overturned. Also, gave him a minute or 2 to rest when Snyder could have gone at him hard and made up 4 points in no time.

When your wrestler has the conditioning advantage, I just don't get these reflex, long-shot challenges that can only take that advantage away. Sometimes PSU does it too.

The coaches weren’t real into the challenge actually, Snyder was really calling for it. Probably some blame for both, but that definitely loomed large at the end.

There were only 6 wrestlers at 79 kilos. So they did a round robin instead of the normal UWW bracket with the top two from each pool making the semis on the opposite side. Ringer and the other guy that made it from his pool lost in the semi and voila.

Ahah. So that's 2 big (one much bigger) freestyle tourneys with only 6 entrants at 79kg in one weekend, eh? Maybe Dake is that scary.

You need to concentrate more on daddy chores and less on wrestling forum instruction.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you actively participated in a wrestling discussion on here versus attempting to police the board to make certain HR or the Hawk program was being made fun of too harshly.

Just a thought, less policing and more wrestling discussion might be good for the wrestling soul.

The interwebs are full of fire fighters.

Reactions: nitlion6
Interesting ending to the 65kg finals match between Chakaev and Kuular, complete with water bottle-throwing fans (guess it's not just a Rutgers thing). Wish I understood how they came to the result. Kuular with a 4 point throw at the end to go up 5-2. Chakaev's corner challenges, apparently loses the challenge, but Chakaev refuses to accept the result, paces along the mat, argues with people at the scorers table for a while, the throw gets reviewed again, and Chakaev wins 2-1.

Flo video (paywall): https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6305874-2019-ivan-yariguin/videos?playing=6331935&limit=60

Reactions: danoftw
Interesting ending to the 65kg finals match between Chakaev and Kuular, complete with water bottle-throwing fans (guess it's not just a Rutgers thing). Wish I understood how they came to the result. Kuular with a 4 point throw at the end to go up 5-2. Chakaev's corner challenges, apparently loses the challenge, but Chakaev refuses to accept the result, paces along the mat, argues with people at the scorers table for a while, the throw gets reviewed again, and Chakaev wins 2-1.

Flo video (paywall): https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6305874-2019-ivan-yariguin/videos?playing=6331935&limit=60

I believe they said time was out before the throw. The very last clip they show a close-up of the scoreboard where the time shows :00 and the throw has not been completed. Crazy ending though and the crowd was pissed!

I believe they said time was out before the throw. The very last clip they show a close-up of the scoreboard where the time shows :00 and the throw has not been completed. Crazy ending though and the crowd was pissed!
Then give 2 anyway.

#correctthrow

That was awfully fast editing by the Powers of Russian wrestling. The first time they watched it in slow-mo......it was confirmed as 4. The wrestler refused to concede and it got changed. Never happens in Russia. At least they didn't wait until the "winner" got back to his hotel to then be told that he was now the "Loser".

Reactions: danoftw
I believe that Tamyra Mensah won the Gold Medal match over Japan. I did not see the stream of the match...….but I heard them playing the National Anthem.....so I believe that is a pretty good indicator. :) Congrats.....she is young and very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT