ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 5 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

This program is absolutely AMAZING when you think of how little we got out of 125, 157, no 165 and lock it up BEFORE the finals.........who would have bet that???????

Reactions: lions#1 and danoftw
Kerk definitely leveled up this tournament. While the skill has been there all along, the confidence to score against top competition is a joy to see. With Kerk being healthy, he is going to be a real problem for the division moving forward in a post Gable Landscape.

Let's go Kerk!

finish-him-gif-1.gif
Ah, no...

Reactions: PAgeologist
Kerk definitely leveled up this tournament. While the skill has been there all along, the confidence to score against top competition is a joy to see. With Kerk being healthy, he is going to be a real problem for the division moving forward in a post Gable Landscape.

Definitely a better, more confident wrestler than he was even a month ago. Beating Parris twice already meant he had no fear of him whatsoever. Solid performance.

Definitely a better, more confident wrestler than he was even a month ago. Beating Parris twice already meant he had no fear of him whatsoever. Solid performance.
He's got a great shot at a title next year. Just got to get by Cass.

I think because he’s so tall it gets lost, but he’s certainly not small even if he’s “smaller.” He’s 240+ plus and just carries it like a football player.
Good point. He's definitely strong whatever he weighs in at.

So frustrating!! Had we not foolishly missed those earlier bonus points we would have already locked up the title! :( Seriously though, this weekend was the first time I have ever blocked any posters, but three of them finally pushed me over the edge : )
To be fair, bonus points mattered in the past, but I had a strong feeling that our boys were prohibitive favorites without them. And they proved me right. Thanks, fellas!

Word has it that UNITED WAY and Penn State University are partnering up to donate 50 points to the University of Iowas wrestling team and their fans. Just so happens its not really a “Great time to be a Hawks fan” and this charitable contribution will help make the off-season a bit more bearable for the Iowa faithful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT