ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 4 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

The gap is growing:

Team Standings
TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
# Cons 5
(All Amer.)
# Cons Semi# 7th-8th
Penn State
87​
159​
6​
2​
Michigan
69.5​
155​
5​
1​
3​
thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
# Cons 5
(All Amer.)
# Cons Semi# 7th-8th
Team Standings
Penn State
87​
159​
6​
2​
Michigan
69.5​
155​
5​
1​
3​
Arizona State
56.5​
117.5​
4​
1​
1​
2​
North Carolina State
40.5​
84.5​
2​
2​
1​
Iowa
37.5​
119.5​
2​
4​
1​
Virginia Tech
35.5​
79.5​
2​
2​
1​
Cornell
34.5​
116.5​
2​
3​
1​

There was nothing wrong with what he did. He is aggressively trying to get away and did not intentionally kick him but was doing what every wrestler does by trying to use the foot to push away. Stop creating drama.
Well desanto did put rby hand under his foot while they were standing and tried to put his weight on it. Did you catch that one. That was a punk move.

Reactions: Grass and breno14
Well desanto did put rby hand under his foot while they were standing and tried to put his weight on it. Did you catch that one. That was a punk move.
Saw that too. Was wondering if the zebras saw it as well, but it was pretty quick

Reactions: SUPERTODD
Pretty crazy, Clarke went 0-2 in the ACC tourney. Very nice run by him.

Clarke is impressive. Taking a full load in law school while wrestling and making the National Final. I think he may have been a bit underseeded. He only had 3 losses on the season, 2 in the ACC Tourney. He beat Chad Red in a dual earlier this year. Either way, he's had a nice year and 2nd Place is pretty awesome.

Reading Hawkeye Report these past 2 days might be just as good as another Natty!!!
I don't know a lot about wrestling, but HR is without a doubt the biggest bunch of crybabies on the interwebs.

Go over there to get some insights from, allegedly, knowledgeable wrestling fans, but there's not much other than griping over there.

Team Standings
TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
# Cons 5
(All Amer.)
# Cons Semi# 7th-8th
Penn State
87​
159​
6​
2​
Michigan
69.5​
155​
5​
1​
3​
Arizona State
56.5​
117.5​
4​
1​
1​
2​
North Carolina State
40.5​
84.5​
2​
2​
1​
Iowa
37.5​
119.5​
2​
4​
1​
Virginia Tech
35.5​
79.5​
2​
2​
1​
Cornell
34.5​
116.5​
2​
3​
1​
Moving Day

Andonian matches are so much fun to watch. But he is the sloppiest wrestler you'll see at this level. He's been on his back rolling through at least 5 times in this match. So exciting, but so out of control. Fun to watch unless you're a VT fan I'd think.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
That was not a flawless victory, but I am pretty sure AA BB X was the same move for Kang except the arms come off...lol ...In his defense, This is not the same guy..He seems to have overcome his temper this season. Watched him at Exeter. He was always fun to watch!!

I hoped enough of us on here would get the reference.

Credit to ADS and Brands. That was the first time I saw a coaching adjustment to the way he wrestled RBY.
I kinda thought RBY changed his strategy. No arm behind the back, stayed in the middle, pushed like a hawk, and shot an equal amount. The ESPN announcers also thought things had changed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT