ADVERTISEMENT

Willie making moves!

@flokaren was enjoying a nice lunch until she got the press release...
giphy.gif

Just a guess... but I’ll gander to think that maybe some Rokfin funding is involved. A perfect partnership. Name recognition to make a strong push for wrestling specific content, and the streaming platform of Rokfin. A perfect marriage.

I sure hope not.

If I were to offer a suggestion to Willie, it would be to reach out to former InterMat employee @SetonHallPirate, and see if he would join the organization.
I'd have a bunch of suggestions for Willie, probably none of which fit his plans for the business.

#1 on my hit list would be: Intermat submitting a bid to broadcast PA states. My real preference would be for PA Power Wrestling to host it on Rokfin -- but that business model is probably a couple bridges too far for the PIAA gatekeepers.

Like I said, probably not a fit for his business plan.

#2 would be to poach the better talent from Flo. Some there fit the description of Intermat's scope.

Congratulations Willie! Excited for your future and as a Rokfin subscriber, I look forward to continuing to support your endeavors.

As Cael would say, "You have a plan or something?"

Reactions: diggerpup
I'd have a bunch of suggestions for Willie, probably none of which fit his plans for the business.

#1 on my hit list would be: Intermat submitting a bid to broadcast PA states. My real preference would be for PA Power Wrestling to host it on Rokfin -- but that business model is probably a couple bridges too far for the PIAA gatekeepers.

Like I said, probably not a fit for his business plan.

#2 would be to poach the better talent from Flo. Some there fit the description of Intermat's scope.

#3 Open up a Tehran office and assign Foley there.

Wow! Wonder what the impact will be to format, content, etc. Interesting...
I hope more original content. One thing with current intermat that bothers me during the college season is that simply repost articles that school SID's put out for results. Willie will crush it. If you subscribe to Rokfin check out the shows he does with Corby.

I hope more original content. One thing with current intermat that bothers me during the college season is that simply repost articles that school SID's put out for results. Willie will crush it. If you subscribe to Rokfin check out the shows he does with Corby.
I never minded that as a starting point -- much easier for me than following every school on the tweeter -- but only as a starting point. Shouldn't have been an end point.

Plus Intermat has at least one "author" who merely cobbles together others' stories and slaps his own byline on it. (At this point, does that person still exist? Or maybe they should start calling him Tyler Durden.) It's not original content, and I'd expect Willie to do better.

Good point WRT the results piece. I've definitely noticed that over the years. I pay for memberships for both InterMat and Flo, and though Flo is much more expensive their content is leaps and bounds ahead of InterMat. So I'm hoping you're right in the Willie will crush it. I'd gladly pay a few more bucks for the additional content. BTW, what's the subscription to Rokfin / MatScouts run? Thank you.

Good point WRT the results piece. I've definitely noticed that over the years. I pay for memberships for both InterMat and Flo, and though Flo is much more expensive their content is leaps and bounds ahead of InterMat. So I'm hoping you're right in the Willie will crush it. I'd gladly pay a few more bucks for the additional content. BTW, what's the subscription to Rokfin / MatScouts run? Thank you.
$10 per month but it gives you access to all of Rokfin's content creators. For me worth it as I like Willie's work and wanted to support him, the NLWC as well as Justin Basch and his podcast with Cenzo.

If you subscribe to Rokfin check out the shows he does with Corby.

I really enjoy their show. Gotta admit, I was afraid that the double-baldness would be a dealbreaker, but they make it work!😁

Seriously though, Corby was a great addition. He seems to really know his stuff. Anyone know his background? Former athlete, coach maybe, or just a fan with a lot of knowledge/connections?

$10 per month but it gives you access to all of Rokfin's content creators. For me worth it as I like Willie's work and wanted to support him, the NLWC as well as Justin Basch and his podcast with Cenzo.

Rokfin has a ton of potential honestly. Long way to go to catch Flo but their monthly subscription in itself already gives them a nice start. I seriously recommend giving their other content creators a look also, you might be shocked at what you enjoy. Throw on the fact a few big names in wrestling are willing to write occasionally and it's great value.

The club matches are a huge boost also.

Damn. I guess there goes the free rankings behind a pay wall.
Intermat did not publish HS rankings at all this year.

College rankings ... if you want perfection, pay for Willie. If you want "good enough for government work," the Coaches Poll is public.

I just want to inform you as an attorney you may have violated some privacy statutes here? Did you get permission in advance from El Jefe to record this usual aftermath of one of his dates?
I find it hilarious you are making attorney jokes with the husband of an attorney. Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT