ADVERTISEMENT

Why has Bolds not been mentioned for DT rotation?

sss

Jun 5, 2001
I have read Franklin's pre-spring transcript and DL analysis on TOS, but no mention at all of Bolds as a possibility for depth. Injury?

or he is a true frosh behind the guys in classes ahead of him. Short of JFF literally listing every tackle on the roster, he cannot name every guy. Obviously Shelton and Jordan with an extra year in the program a little PT last year would be ahead of Bolds. And Bolds was a little bit of a project coming in to start with.

or he is a true frosh behind the guys in classes ahead of him. Short of JFF literally listing every tackle on the roster, he cannot name every guy. Obviously Shelton and Jordan with an extra year in the program a little PT last year would be ahead of Bolds. And Bolds was a little bit of a project coming in to start with.
I would add that while you are correct, I could see Mustipher jumping in the mix almost immediately or after 1 redshirt and breaking this typical progression.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
No mention of Jenkins either on the OL, again. I guess there is nothing to mention.

Thanks for all the d**k replies. It always amazes me that people take the time reply to threads they claim to have no interest in. Franklin did mention every scholarship DL in the classes above and behind Bolds, and included some walk-ons, including a walk-on moved form the OL to DL. I was just interested in any info regarding Bolds. I thought it was curious his name has not been mentioned by the coach or anyone else. If you are not interested in FB talk, please ignore and return to the weather, music, etc. posts.

Thanks for all the d**k replies. It always amazes me that people take the time reply to threads they claim to have no interest in. Franklin did mention every scholarship DL in the classes above and behind Bolds, and included some walk-ons, including a walk-on moved form the OL to DL. I was just interested in any info regarding Bolds. I thought it was curious his name has not been mentioned by the coach or anyone else. If you are not interested in FB talk, please ignore and return to the weather, music, etc. posts.
The one downside of this otherwise often worthwhile site are the d**k replies by people who are offended that somebody should have the audacity to ask a question about a Penn State DT on a Penn State football website and thus are compelled to "put them in their place" with snarky responses. I've gotten used to it, have learned to (mostly) ignore them. We all probably knew a few idiots who lived on our dorm floors who never contributed anything of substance to a single conversation, now they have access to the internet just like we do. :)

No mention of Jenkins either on the OL, again. I guess there is nothing to mention.
Jenkins even though a 4 star was really only ranked on his massive frame and decent athleticism. He wasn't even 1st team in his conference in HS. I'm not surprised with some of these other OL studs having some time on campus now that Jenkins hasn't moved up that much. He has some steep competition now and probably has improved a ton but we have some talent there finally.

Well, if he mentioned every DL guy and left him off then that probably tells you something. You have your answer.

Reactions: PoquosonLion
Well, if he mentioned every DL guy and left him off then that probably tells you something. You have your answer.

Love to hear what it tells me. I understand that means unless he surprises he has an uphill climb to the 3 deep this year. Doesn't tell me if it is because of an injury or something else off the field, or like I said maybe just needs more work. That is what I was clearly asking, but carry-on. I'm done.

if this is stating the obvious, forgive me. I think it is subtle coaching motivation. Don't say anything bad about a player but don't mention him when you talk positively about all the other DTs is sending a message to Bolds.
Ding ding ding---we finally have a winner.

I have read Franklin's pre-spring transcript and DL analysis on TOS, but no mention at all of Bolds as a possibility for depth. Injury?
I guess we know now. I missed the "original" Bolds is transferring out thread and stumbled across this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT