ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets in Bama or Texas?

All I want is for Texas to not make it. Living in Austin would be unbearable until they inevitably lost in the playoff

How do you know? They haven't played each other have they? Did I miss that event? Or is more accurately stated that in your OPINION Bama is better than FSU.
The resume is better
The eye-test is better
The analytical are better
It has nothing to do with opinion

How do you rank Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Ohio, San Diego State, Oregon State, Arizona and Miss State--they have wins over someone else in that group so if you beat someone and you must be ranked ahead of them rank those teams.

How do you know? They haven't played each other have they? Did I miss that event? Or is more accurately stated that in your OPINION Bama is better than FSU.
Haven’t you figured that out yet? It’s because he’s convinced he’s the smartest guy in any room he goes into.

Reactions: johnmpsu
The resume is better
The eye-test is better
The analytical are better
It has nothing to do with opinion

How do you rank Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Ohio, San Diego State, Oregon State, Arizona and Miss State--they have wins over someone else in that group so if you beat someone and you must be ranked ahead of them rank those teams.
It has everything to do with opinion. That's the very definition of opinion. Resume, eye test?? Really you don't think that's opinion? Ok I'm done . I think if somebody said the grass is green you would find a way to argue about that if you believe it's blue because you saw the Boise State field.

Reactions: AvgUser
It has everything to do with opinion. That's the very definition of opinion. Resume, eye test?? Really you don't think that's opinion? Ok I'm done . I think if somebody said the grass is green you would find a way to argue about that if you believe it's blue because you saw the Boise State field.
You're done because you can't rank those teams using only H2H which is what you keep telling me matters while ignoring everything else. Just rank those teams using your criteria and I'll say I'm wrong.
Resume isn't opinion--there's metrics.
Eye-test is opinion.

You're done because you can't rank those teams using only H2H which is what you keep telling me matters while ignoring everything else. Just rank those teams using your criteria and I'll say I'm wrong.
Resume isn't opinion--there's metrics.
Eye-test is opinion.
I'm not saying head to head is the only thing but I'm saying it's the most important. You're the one claiming that it's not important at all. It's funny how you think that TX head to head against OU a long time ago is very important but the AL head to head against TX is not important at all because it was a long time ago. That's a contradiction but you are incapable of seeing that. The committee and you deserve each other.

I'm not saying head to head is the only thing but I'm saying it's the most important. You're the one claiming that it's not important at all. It's funny how you think that TX head to head against OU a long time ago is very important but the AL head to head against TX is not important at all because it was a long time ago. That's a contradiction but you are incapable of seeing that. The committee and you deserve each other.
Find where I said it's not important at all...
I'm factoring in everything
The wins, the losses, the SOS, improvement, etc
You're ignoring all of that because it doesn't fit your argument
And, yes, I'm discussing what the committee will do. That's all that matters.

It is like when you are in a city at night, avoid eye contact and just walk on.

First criteria: fewest losses. That means UW, UM and FSU all in if they win

Next 1 loss teams. Next criteria: conference champions over non champions. So that’s UT vs Bama if the Tide win

So that’s it, those two teams in isolation being compared. And there’s no chance that they’d take Alabama over a team who beat them in Tuscaloosa.

Next 1 loss teams. Next criteria: conference champions over non champions. So that’s UT vs Bama if the Tide win

So that’s it, those two teams in isolation being compared. And there’s no chance that they’d take Alabama over a team who beat them in Tuscaloosa.
Who's criteria is this?

Since everyone likes to debate the criteria. Once again here it is. As black and white as an Oreo milkshake.

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable..."

"Strength of schedule, head‐to‐head competition and championships won must be specifically applied as tie‐breakers between teams that look similar"

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable..."

"Strength of schedule, head‐to‐head competition and championships won must be specifically applied as tie‐breakers between teams that look similar"

Unlikely that criteria is going to favor Bama over Texas if it comes down to it.

If FSU loses and BAMA wins, then I'd say UDub, Bama. Texas & Michigan.

Unlikely that criteria is going to favor Bama over Texas if it comes down to it.
You're saying it comes down to that. I'm saying it doesn't. That's the difference here.
The committee isn't going to compare 12-1 SEC champ with a 12-1 Big XII champ.

You're saying it comes down to that. I'm saying it doesn't. That's the difference here.
The committee isn't going to compare 12-1 SEC champ with a 12-1 Big XII champ.

It’s similar not identical. Two 12-1 p5 conference champs. Texas will have the better win and the h2h.

Reactions: doctornick
It’s similar not identical. Two 12-1 conference champs. Texas will have the better win and the h2h.
It's not though
H2H isn't looked at in phase 1. Bama has the better loss, Bama has more quality wins, Bama has the better SOR and SOS. You say Texas has the better win but do you really think beating Georgia at a "neutral site" isn't the best win according to the committee.
I believe Bama not only would be ahead of Texas but definitely FSU and probably Washington. If they put Bama at 2 they don't need to compare them.

It's not though
H2H isn't looked at in phase 1. Bama has the better loss, Bama has more quality wins, Bama has the better SOR and SOS. You say Texas has the better win but do you really think beating Georgia at a "neutral site" isn't the best win according to the committee.
I believe Bama not only would be ahead of Texas but definitely FSU and probably Washington. If they put Bama at 2 they don't need to compare them.

Who is going to be ranked higher by the committee if bama wins this game, UGA or Bama?

Bama

Is beating a higher ranked team on the road not better than beating a lower ranked team on a neutral field? The only way bama has a better win than Texas in the eyes of the committee is if the committee keeps Georgia ranked ahead of bama.

Reactions: doctornick
Who is going to be ranked higher by the committee if bama wins this game, UGA or Bama?

Bama

Is beating a higher ranked team on the road not better than beating a lower ranked team on a neutral field? The only way bama has a better win than Texas in the eyes of the committee is if the committee keeps Georgia ranked ahead of bama.
Likely Bama

But we're talking about the value the committee gives the victory. We all know what the committee thinks of Georgia. We also know the committee had Texas behind Oregon and Ohio State. We know all Texas did today was beat a mediocre OKlahoma State team. Are we even 100% sure Texas jumps Ohio State? Are they comparable?

The committee can do anything they want. Hell, they could have it...
1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Georgia
4 Bama
5 FSU
6 Ohio State
7 Texas

Likely Bama

But we're talking about the value the committee gives the victory. We all know what the committee thinks of Georgia. We also know the committee had Texas behind Oregon and Ohio State. We know all Texas did today was beat a mediocre OKlahoma State team. Are we even 100% sure Texas jumps Ohio State? Are they comparable?

The committee can do anything they want. Hell, they could have it...
1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Georgia
4 Bama
5 FSU
6 Ohio State
7 Texas

The committee has had large shuffles in the final poll previously.

They’ve had Texas in front of bama in every poll despite “sec superiority” and they’ve shown they value h2h in how they’ve set the top ten this season.

The committee has had large shuffles the final poll previously.

They’ve had Texas in front of bama in every poll despite “sec superiority” and they’ve shown they value h2h in how they’ve set the top ten this season.
That's without Bama having a win over Georgia. They "were" comparing them. The question is would they still deem them comparable. I don't believe so. If you believe so that's great but my guess is they don't as there's no way they're going to leave out the SEC champ. I don't even believe they leave out Georgia if Bama wins a close game. They've made it clear what they think of Georgia and Texas.

The committee has had large shuffles in the final poll previously.

In particular, the Committee has always given a lot of credit to teams who win CCG (even over teams that won a conference without a CCG) as an extra “data point”. Texas will be higher ranked than tOSU (and Oregon obviously) tomorrow.

They also aren’t going to leap Bama over Texas when the Longhorns just had a decisive CCG win.

If Bama beats Georgia, FSU wins, Michigan wins I think they'll say

Michigan is alone and the 1 seed
They compared Washington and Bama. Bama is 2 Washington is 3
They compared Georgia, Ohio State, Texas and FSU. Georgia 4, FSU 5, Texas 6, Ohio State 7

That's not how I'd rank them but that's what I believe happens.

• Haha
Reactions: dukecorey
That's without Bama having a win over Georgia. They "were" comparing them. The question is would they still deem them comparable. I don't believe so. If you believe so that's great but my guess is they don't as there's no way they're going to leave out the SEC champ. I don't even believe they leave out Georgia if Bama wins a close game. They've made it clear what they think of Georgia and Texas.

You predicted ok State was going to give UT a game and advised everyone to bet the under. Instead they won by 4 touchdowns. Now you’re saying ok State is mediocre.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Reactions: johnmpsu
You predicted ok State was going to give UT a game and advised everyone to bet the under. Instead they won by 4 touchdowns. Now you’re saying ok State is mediocre.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
I didn't predict they were going to give them a game. Texas has a tendency to flop in big games hence that's why I bet on Oklahoma State. Just like I don't think Louisville is very good but I think they can hang with FSU because of their injuries.

Oklahoma State lost to South Alabama and UCF by 42 points. Let's call a spade a spade.

No idea how you think betting on OK State means I think you're good. I said would win just likely not by 3 scores. I was wrong. Just like about half the bettors.

I didn't predict they were going to give them a game. Texas has a tendency to flop in big games hence that's why I bet on Oklahoma State. Just like I don't think Louisville is very good but I think they can hang with FSU because of their injuries.

Oklahoma State lost to South Alabama and UCF by 42 points. Let's call a spade a spade.

No idea how you think betting on OK State means I think you're good. I said would win just likely not by 3 scores. I was wrong. Just like about half the bettors.

Who is UGA’s best win if they lose this game?

If Bama beats Georgia, FSU wins, Michigan wins I think they'll say

Michigan is alone and the 1 seed
They compared Washington and Bama. Bama is 2 Washington is 3
They compared Georgia, Ohio State, Texas and FSU. Georgia 4, FSU 5, Texas 6, Ohio State 7

That's not how I'd rank them but that's what I believe happens.
I’d love that. No way Michigan wants to possibly deal with both Ga and Bama

They want to pick off a turkey like FsU

They have wins over Mizzou and Ole Miss
Texas second best win is?
FSU has wins over who?
Ohio State has us and ND
Who else do you want to compare

Notre Dame is 17 and OK state is 18 since you’re giving Osu credit for the Domers. I know you’re going to split hairs and make the gap between 17 and 18 monumental but Texas would have top 4 bama and 18 ok State. Osu has number 10 psu and number 17 ND.

Notre Dame is 17 and OK state is 18 since you’re giving Osu credit for the Domers. I know you’re going to split hairs and make the gap between 17 and 18 monumental but Texas would have top 4 bama and 18 ok State. Osu has number 10 psu and number 17 ND.
OK State likely drops slightly but I'd have Texas ahead of Ohio State not Georgia. If we're talking about what I'd do. ND is better than Oklahoma State but not significantly.

What would be your top 10 if the only upset today is Bama winning...

OK State likely drops slightly but I'd have Texas ahead of Ohio State not Georgia. If we're talking about what I'd do. ND is better than Oklahoma State but not significantly.

If Texas and Bama are both in, who do you think the committee has higher.

Welp CBS' commentators at halftime even disagree with Ronald McDonald. Carry on, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT