ADVERTISEMENT

Who else will leave Cornell with Koll gone?

What is that supposed to mean? Is Max Dean a murderer or something?

But anyway, I saw someone (I think you) post in the Dean thread that Koll wasn’t happy that Dean would transfer “because of things he couldn’t control.” Does that mean covid stuff likely wasn’t part of Koll’s decision?
It means they were positioned to win a title then PSU got Long. Now they were in position again and Dean went to PSU.

It means they were positioned to win a title then PSU got Long. Now they were in position again and Dean went to PSU.

Why is that "on steroids" though? From a wrestling standpoint, seems like it's basically the same thing (both were prior runner-ups). Hopefully Dean is much better from a character standpoint though.

Why is that "on steroids" though? From a wrestling standpoint, seems like it's basically the same thing (both were prior runner-ups). Hopefully Dean is much better from a character standpoint though.
From a Cornell standpoint, losing Dean is a two-fer. They didn't lose Long.

You can tell Koll is never going to get over 2011. Talking about not winning titles while looking at two Penn Staters (Basch counts) definitely was one of the moments he lost his joyful demeanor in the interview.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I tbh wasn't too surprised. People forgot about the run he had to qualify for Olympic Trials. He teched Molinaro and comfortably beat Eierman. I didn't think he was far from the top pack at all.
True no doubt, but for most national champion guys, there is a transition to senior level freestyle competition which takes time. Sure Spencer, Yanni, Steveson, Snyder who were already established at a very high level.

It really shows how Nick has been rapidly improving on all facets of wrestling...he is chopping plenty of wood and carrying more than his fair share of water.

You can tell Koll is never going to get over 2011. Talking about not winning titles while looking at two Penn Staters (Basch counts) definitely was one of the moments he lost his joyful demeanor in the interview.
The fact is in 2011, Cornell had a bad Friday night that cost them the title. 1-3 in the semi finals will do that, especially when it worse they should have gone 3-1.

True no doubt, but for most national champion guys, there is a transition to senior level freestyle competition which takes time. Sure Spencer, Yanni, Steveson, Snyder who were already established at a very high level.

It really shows how Nick has been rapidly improving on all facets of wrestling...he is chopping plenty of wood and carrying more than his fair share of water.
Don't mean to nick-pick, but Nick's top wrestling is little frustrating for me. For example, had he held Eireman another 30 seconds in the second period he wouldn't have to go into OT. It seemed like Nick just let him go with barely a fight.

The fact is in 2011, Cornell had a bad Friday night that cost them the title. 1-3 in the semi finals will do that, especially when it worse they should have gone 3-1.
Signs were planted that night that owning the semis was going to be Cael's MO. It's just a different animal (no matter who's favored) wrestling those especially with a team race at stake.

Don't mean to nick-pick, but Nick's top wrestling is little frustrating for me. For example, had he held Eireman another 30 seconds in the second period he wouldn't have to go into OT. It seemed like Nick just let him go with barely a fight.
I can live with that. What annoyed me many times was the 4-5 minute rides and only getting a MD.

Knowing he has the neutral game to just break guys.

But hes got the NC and I got a keyboard.

#advantageNLee

Signs were planted that night that owning the semis was going to be Cael's MO. It's just a different animal (no matter who's favored) wrestling those especially with a team race at stake.
This is where not having guys who cut a lot of weight pays off. After two full days of wrestling, Penn State guys are still going strong while the competitors are somewhat weakened from having to maintain a lower weight over a period of time.

It’s Eierman. He’s like Bo in that he can do damage from bottom if you give him any space.

I don't even understand the complaint here. Your irritation is with Nick Lee, a 3X AA with a 77.2% career bonus rate, going to overtime and scoring a title-clinching takedown in overtime instead of collecting a nearly impossible riding time point in regulation?

It’s Eierman. He’s like Bo in that he can do damage from bottom if you give him any space.
I would agree if it's in the first period. But Eierman was already starting to running out of gas by that time (correction to previous post: 3rd period, not 2nd period). Bo doesn't have that problem.

Last edited:
I don't even understand the complaint here. Your irritation is with Nick Lee, a 3X AA with a 77.2% career bonus rate, going to overtime and scoring a title-clinching takedown in overtime instead of collecting a nearly impossible riding time point in regulation?
SRATH said Nick has rapidly improved "all facets" of his wrestling. To which I pointed out to be not so true. I wasn't complaining about Nick's NT.

I hate it when I don’t mean to nitpick Nick, but forces outside of my control force me to nick-pick. #iamavictim :)
Context. It's all about context. So would you agree with SRATH's post about Nick has improved "all facets" of his wrestling?

Context. It's all about context. So would you agree with SRATH's post about Nick has improved "all facets" of his wrestling?

Why does his lack of interest in riding Eierman mean he hasn't improved his top game?

Was he able to do it in the past?

Not meaning to nick-pick, I am forced to grant you that Nick has not improved in graduating from chores. He was chopping and carrying before, and he’s still chopping and carrying! :)

Last edited:
Why does his lack of interest in riding Eierman mean he hasn't improved his top game?

Was he able to do it in the past?
Doesn't have to be Eierman. Nick is not known to ride ANYONE. There may have been a few in all his years at Penn State, but I don't remember them that he rode them out like Zain (which was the comparison made to).

Not meaning to nick-pick, I am forced to grant you that Nick has not improved in graduating from chores. He was chopping and carrying before, and he’s still chopping and carrying! :)
Not meaning to nick-pick, but did you get your jokes from Kathy Griffin? :cool:

• Haha
Doesn't have to be Eierman. Nick is not known to ride ANYONE. There may have been a few in all his years at Penn State, but I don't remember them that he rode them out like Zain (which was the comparison made to).

Maybe we're talking about different Nick Lees.

I'm talking about the guy that had people on here complaining earlier this year about him riding guys too much and "settling" for MDs, instead of playing more catch-and-release and going for TFs.

Not meaning to nick-pick, but did you get your jokes from Kathy Griffin? :cool:
giphy.gif

Maybe we're talking about different Nick Lees.

I'm talking about the guy that had people on here complaining earlier this year about him riding guys too much and "settling" for MDs, instead of playing more catch-and-release and going for TFs.
I thought it was more about getting back points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT