ADVERTISEMENT

Where in the world is... Jered Cortez?

psumacw

Sep 18, 2017
This time last year Jered Cortez was our starter at 141. Then came the Scuffle and while Cortez suffered an ankle injury, Nick Lee placed second and took over that starting spot. Cortez didn't have any matches after that and he's not on the roster this year.

Does anyone have any insight on his whereabouts? He was listed as a true junior on last year's roster, implying he got a medical redshirt at some point. A quick Google/GoPSUSports search didn't reveal any news since February when he was included in a list of seniors prepping for their final match at Rec Hall.

I can't fault him for hanging them up (if that's what he did) with Lee looking like a high AA and already having his degree. But I remember going into last year thinking/hoping Cortez himself could be a bloodround guy or better last year and now he's (seemingly) out of the sport.

If he had his degree finished another year on at best a tiny fraction of a scholarship and the lost wages of not going into the work force is a mighty expensive way to sit the bench.

This time last year Jered Cortez was our starter at 141. Then came the Scuffle and while Cortez suffered an ankle injury, Nick Lee placed second and took over that starting spot. Cortez didn't have any matches after that and he's not on the roster this year.

Does anyone have any insight on his whereabouts? He was listed as a true junior on last year's roster, implying he got a medical redshirt at some point. A quick Google/GoPSUSports search didn't reveal any news since February when he was included in a list of seniors prepping for their final match at Rec Hall.

I can't fault him for hanging them up (if that's what he did) with Lee looking like a high AA and already having his degree. But I remember going into last year thinking/hoping Cortez himself could be a bloodround guy or better last year and now he's (seemingly) out of the sport.

He went from Big Blue to Big Blue:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeredcortez/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT