ADVERTISEMENT

What's Rhane been saving

Bertway0

Sep 10, 2013
for this game? We are finally in the meat of our schedule, and I refuse to believe that there aren't a few plays/gimmicks/tricks up his sleeve that we haven't shown yet. The prestige of the Whiteout, Gameday, a national audience, the animosity towards the opposing coaching staff, the revenge factor, etc. there's just so much riding on this single game. You have to believe that Franklin wants to slaughter UM, and I think we'll see a few offensive sets tomorrow that we have yet to see Rhane call in his year and a half as OC.

More run block diversity
More Two-back sets
(Hopefully) the motion swing pass that Oklahoma thew to CeeDee Lamb last week since its relatively the same set PSU does with Hamler
Shorter targets that go beyond a sack or hurry

for this game? We are finally in the meat of our schedule, and I refuse to believe that there aren't a few plays/gimmicks/tricks up his sleeve that we haven't shown yet. The prestige of the Whiteout, Gameday, a national audience, the animosity towards the opposing coaching staff, the revenge factor, etc. there's just so much riding on this single game. You have to believe that Franklin wants to slaughter UM, and I think we'll see a few offensive sets tomorrow that we have yet to see Rhane call in his year and a half as OC.
The shovel pass?!

What I hope?

The first two series are scripted.
Much much more of Cain
More targets for Shorter
More passes over the middle

Other than that, so far, I haven't had much of a problem with Rahne.
I think scripting at the beginning will help Clifford calm down a little

Well, he tried a WR pass with Dotson which fell apart. He tried a WR end around with Hamler which got stuffed.

More run block diversity
More Two-back sets
(Hopefully) the motion swing pass that Oklahoma thew to CeeDee Lamb last week since its relatively the same set PSU does with Hamler
Shorter targets that go beyond a sack or hurry
I think the two back set comes out this weekend. He or one of the offensive coaches said they have it and are saving it. No better time than now.

Reactions: MoyerJones
Probably nothing but saving his resignation for the end of the year so JoMo can bring his high scoring MSU offense back to PSU.

Not if they run the 2-Back set, with three-wide, double TE, and a "Lion".

That personnel group ALWAYS works!!! :) (though its a little better if you add in a Fullback - - - - - and run from under center!)
Actually I think I suggested that in an earlier post.

Technically speaking.....is it a "trick" play if the defense isn't fooled and it doesn't work?

More of this formation...
PinkNeedyHydra-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
You know how it works around here.

1. Fullback
2. Quarterback under center.
I will take number 2 for 100.

I hope he has stuff because Michigan saved some for us and MSU this week and next is definitely working on something

I think the two back set comes out this weekend. He or one of the offensive coaches said they have it and are saving it. No better time than now.
I agree but also think that the trouble is that going 2-back takes a TE or WR off the field. With the consistency that Bowers and Dotson have provided, it weighs heavily into that decision. Ultimately I think we’ll see more of it bc I think CJF is going to use Cain more heavily with Brown as the backup, and tf he’ll use the 2-back set as a way to get more reps for all of them.

To the OP’s point, I think there will be a wrinkle or two that we haven’t seen. Rahne added a swing pass to the RB vs. Maryland and an outside pitch at Iowa so this year he has shown a willingness to make adjustments. I didn’t see it much last year, but it seems like he’s just starting to get his feet under him and put his stamp on the offense.

I like the 2 back set. It would Be cool if one play both would run to each side for possible screens or qb keeper. Defense would be confused.

Fourth and five runoff tackle? Here’s hoping they got Journey matched up on a linebacker on a wheelroute ala Saquon

#1: I hope is he has put the goal line jump pass in his book of plays he will never use again. It will be good friends with the shuffle pass he was in love with.

As for what he is holding out....how about a true RB Screen?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT