ADVERTISEMENT

What will be the best away game this year?

Frabjous

Oct 3, 2013
the corner of Pork & Beans
With Thorson v. McSorley and Jackson v. Barkley, I see the Northwestern game as a 42-38 style shootout. Odd fact: the Chicago Marathon is that weekend, out of towners should book early....

Last edited:
PSU / Pitt revenge game. Hands down. It could be a 52-0 white wash and it'll still be the best game of the year.

PSU / Pitt revenge game. Hands down. It could be a 52-0 white wash and it'll still be the best game of the year.
Except that's a home game....

I'm thinking Iowa should be decent. tOSU will be a night game (Iowa too, perhaps).

The shoe has not traditionally been a kind place to us. The bucks will be well rested coming off a bye, while we'll be coming off of an emotional White Out win over michy ;)! That said, we've never gone into Columbus with a loaded JoMo offense, and our boys will still have a chip on their shoulders from watching the team they beat (and that finished behind them in the standings) go to the playoff instead of them. Should be good theater.

With Thorson v. McSorley and Jackson v. Barkley, I see the Northwestern game as a 42-38 style shootout. Odd fact: the Chicago Marathon is that weekend, out of towners should book early....

Northwest dude! Chicago north side. Easy tickets. Good competition. I'm planning the trip myself.

Reactions: Frabjous
The shoe has not traditionally been a kind place to us. The bucks will be well rested coming off a bye, while we'll be coming off of an emotional White Out win over michy ;)! That said, we've never gone into Columbus with a loaded JoMo offense, and our boys will still have a chip on their shoulders from watching the team they beat (and that finished behind them in the standings) go to the playoff instead of them. Should be good theater.
This will be a game to remember at the shoe. It could be as big, or bigger win than our 19-0 win against Art Schlishter's OSU team when he was a freshman starter who everyone thought would blow us away!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT