ADVERTISEMENT

watch the replay - SDSU started to change their DEF after SB hurt

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
while they played 7-8 at the line most of game, when SB was in, the LB's were reading before they reacted forward. after SB goes out, the SDSU LB's were just coming on snap. this type of continuous DEF would never be played in almost any game = way too risky. unfortunately, we have no way to burn these teams. you could watch a 100 games and not see that DEF approach in any of them. I am watching several NFL games today, and not seeing anything like that (essentially a blitz or run blitz every down).

It is incredible: Literally two different offenses. With Say Say, we are a competitive, point producing, solid offense. Without him, we are basically one of the worst offenses in the game.

What is sad, is that we are supposed to have an NFL first round pick at quarterback....someone isn't getting the job done, and it's more than just o line.

Reactions: Ski
It is incredible: Literally two different offenses. With Say Say, we are a competitive, point producing, solid offense. Without him, we are basically one of the worst offenses in the game.

What is sad, is that we are supposed to have an NFL first round pick at quarterback....someone isn't getting the job done, and it's more than just o line.

So throwing for 296 & 3 TD's is a failure in your book? What planet are you from? Do you actually watch the games or just come on here to spew bullshit? Oh yeah, we scored 24 points after Barkley went out (7 from D), so I guess we did okay without Barkley when we had to.

Reactions: PSU1991
I was at the game yesterday and noticed when Barkley was in that it looked like he was helping Hack call out the defense. On almost every play he would look over at Hack and then point to a defensive player. Hack would then point at the same guy and say whatever it is he says to the offense. I watched this several times with Barkley and started watching Lynch and the others and none of them would do anything like it.

I believe I read somewhere that reading defenses is something Barkley does that makes him special. It was just one of my observations at yesterdays game.

Reactions: Ski
I was at the game yesterday and noticed when Barkley was in that it looked like he was helping Hack call out the defense. On almost every play he would look over at Hack and then point to a defensive player. Hack would then point at the same guy and say whatever it is he says to the offense. I watched this several times with Barkley and started watching Lynch and the others and none of them would do anything like it.

I believe I read somewhere that reading defenses is something Barkley does that makes him special. It was just one of my observations at yesterdays game.
Could be true. But he also may have just been verifying his blocking assignment for the play. Either way, the kid is a difference maker

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT