ADVERTISEMENT

Was Nolf's injury ever fully disclosed?

sevensandeights

Jan 21, 2017
What exactly was Nolf's injury last year? Did he have surgery? If so, what did they do?

Asking because one of our high school wrestlers appears to have suffered a similar injury and I was wondering what a reasonable time frame to return will be. Certainly not expecting a national championship 6 weeks later though!!!!

Let the doctors and the wrestler / wrestlers parents make that call.

I don't think it was ever public knowledge the exact injury and treatment that Nolf had last year.

What exactly was Nolf's injury last year? Did he have surgery? If so, what did they do?

Asking because one of our high school wrestlers appears to have suffered a similar injury and I was wondering what a reasonable time frame to return will be. Certainly not expecting a national championship 6 weeks later though!!!!
Without knowing Nolf's injury, how do you know it's a "similar" injury? No two knee injuries are alike.

Reactions: Dogwelder
To my knowledge, Nolf's injury was never fully disclosed. But I strongly suspect it was more severe than anyone in the PSU wrestling program let on.

They never said but I did recently read a story that gave huge credit to the trainer Dan Monthly for helping Jason return so quickly.

Without knowing Nolf's injury, how do you know it's a "similar" injury? No two knee injuries are alike.
Because several people in the stands, who saw it, including myself, said "that looked like what happened to Nolf." I didn't know if he had surgery or just rest and then therapy. If he had surgery, did they do a full repair or just clean up some frayed edges?

If I knew more about Nolf's injury and if he had surgery I could offer some informed words of encouragement to a HS wrestler that is devastated over the uncertainty of his injury and if he will be able to return this season. Thanks for your valuable input.

Last edited:
I had been told by someone who I believe would have known what Jason's injury was and it was indeed worse than people let on. As for your high school wrestler's situation, I wish him luck, but keep in mind that he's not likely to have access to the trainer's, the doctor's, chiropractors, etc. etc. that Mr. Nolf had.

Because several people in the stands, who saw it, including myself, said "that looked like what happened to Nolf." I didn't know if he had surgery or just rest and then therapy. If he had surgery, did they do a full repair or just clean up some frayed edges?

If I knew more about Nolf's injury and if he had surgery I could offer some informed words of encouragement to a HS wrestler that is devastated over the uncertainty of his injury and if he will be able to return this season. Thanks for your valuable input.
I remember Sanderson saying that Nolf's injury would not require surgery, and to my knowledge that statement proved correct.

Didnt Cael recently refer to it being a near-miracle that Nolf was able to return as he did?
Or did I imagine that?
So much of my life is imaginary nowadays.
Don't recall any "near-miracle" reference, though reliance on my memory is problematic. I do recall Sanderson saying that Nolf is a "fast healer".

Didnt Cael recently refer to it being a near-miracle that Nolf was able to return as he did?
Or did I imagine that?
So much of my life is imaginary nowadays.

Yes, i recall reading (or hearing) something similar from Cael recently. Possibly in one of Tom's daily links?

Powerful motivation for healing:

Winning another national championship and dancing at his own wedding.

Salute, Mr. Nolf, we're fortunate to witness your career.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT