ADVERTISEMENT

Wanny on BTN

jppsu

Jan 1, 2005
predicts a Pitt win after watching both teams this weekend. Can’t believe he says this since Pitt played Albany! What did he see?

Reactions: diggerpup
predicts a Pitt win after watching both teams this weekend. Can’t believe he says this since Pitt played Albany! What did he see?

He's been a head coach and assistant in both college and the pros for nearly 40 years. If he watched both teams he likely saw quite a lot. He may well be wrong, but I think he knows more about football than anyone who posts here.

Well, he's a Pitt guy so there is one reason to say it. Two, without watching the games, one could surmise that beat beat an inferior opponent rather easily while PSU struggled to beat an inferior opponent.

Reactions: PSU&Trout and bytir
He's been a head coach and assistant in both college and the pros for nearly 40 years. If he watched both teams he likely saw quite a lot. He may well be wrong, but I think he knows more about football than anyone who posts here.
How do you know what he watched? Could have been watching Mama Mia this weekend for all you know. He is a Pitt homer

Pitt will come with plenty of emotion. This is the biggest game on their schede.We need to come ready to play.

How do you know what he watched? Could have been watching Mama Mia this weekend for all you know. He is a Pitt homer
The OP said he watched both teams. Given what he does for a living, I have no reason to doubt that. Does he have a Pitt bias. Sure. Is his prediction wrong? We'll know in 5 days.

True, but do you really think that’s why he picked Pitt to beat PSU? Really? You don’t think it has anything to do with personal feelings over “seeing” something?

Nah, he’s just a Pitt homer.

True, but do you really think that’s why he picked Pitt to beat PSU? Really? You don’t think it has anything to do with personal feelings over “seeing” something?

I don't know and neither do you. To be honest, I really don't care why he picked Pitt. He will not be the only one. We'll know Saturday.

Likely. But in this case his bias likely overrules his football knowledge.

I don't know and neither do you. To be honest, I really don't care why he picked Pitt. He will not be the only one. We'll know Saturday.
Every team that struggled will be on upset alert.Brace yourself for the pitt is home and Psu is young and on the road.Blah ,blah and blah.Hopefully Psu gets some players back.Psu is not albany though.

As far as Wanny is concerned, any pitt team that can beat a team QB'd by Vinny Testaverde, can beat Penn State.

I bet I know another one....Mushmouf. If someone is going to be a legit sports broadcaster, they should not let their petty little biases get in the way of their broadcasting. I’m okay with guys calling upsets, but when it’s consistently the same team simply because you don’t like them, then they should probably find another gig.

I bet I know another one....Mushmouf. If someone is going to be a legit sports broadcaster, they should not let their petty little biases get in the way of their broadcasting. I’m okay with guys calling upsets, but when it’s consistently the same team simply because you don’t like them, then they should probably find another gig.

Actually, biases can drive ratings. Look at all the attention Wanny has gotten here.

Hey fair, Duck. Ha. Good to see you posting again.

Reactions: fairgambit
Wanny could be right. It almost feels like 2016. Deja vu. They are catching us early and at the right time before we've had a chance to figure things out i.e. a bunch of newness just like a couple of years ago. Plus, key injuries. And in some ways, based on Saturday's performance, things are more disjointed than they were then. The 2016 team had at least been through the fire of competition as a team - winning and losing versus this team which is like a new born babe. No doubt we have more talent and better coaching than Pitt. But they are going to have to grow up mighty fast between now and Saturday to win this game. I think it's what honor demands :).

He saw a Sun Belt team gain 451 yards and a return a KO 100 yards against a PSU team that only returns 3 starters on defense. I don't think it has anything to do with Pitt beating Albany. Maybe a bit to do with Pitt returning 9 defenders from a team that beat Miami in their last game of 2017.

The question is how much will PSU improve this week. Will Givens play and how much difference will that make? I have the most faith in the people wagering their money. They're saying PSU by 9. I'll side with them.

Reactions: nits74
Wanny could be right. It almost feels like 2016. Deja vu. They are catching us early and at the right time before we've had a chance to figure things out i.e. a bunch of newness just like a couple of years ago. Plus, key injuries. And in some ways, based on Saturday's performance, things are more disjointed than they were then. The 2016 team had at least been through the fire of competition as a team - winning and losing versus this team which is like a new born babe. No doubt we have more talent and better coaching than Pitt. But they are going to have to grow up mighty fast between now and Saturday to win this game. I think it's what honor demands :).
But you’re missing a whole lot of differences from the Pitt side of things. Apparently we’re the only team that has to figure things out.

Obvious difference between this year and 2016...the Pitt game in 2016 was Trace's second game as a starter. This week will be his 29th. I get the issues with the defense and they're legitimate. But we have a very experienced, high quality winner at the most important position on the field. That fact carries an awful lot of weight.

You guys did watch the game on Saturday, did you not? That was a HOME game against Appy State, that they won by the skin of their teeth.. This is an AWAY game at Pitt. Anyone who thinks Pitt won't put an ass whipping on us if we come out and play like we did against Appalachian State is in for a HUGE disappointment on Saturday.

Right after the game I said this reminds me of the 2016 team. I know it was only one game but I think it is pretty clear the younger players need to be in the game (Parsons, PJ, etc.). What makes me nervous and is almost certainly going to happen is that the same rotation will be used against Pitt because it is too big of a game to throw them in. This can be a big issue. Hoping for the best next week but expecting the worst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT