ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO/NOTES: James Franklin previews Michigan State week

Franklin's players of the Week for Rutgers

Beau Pribula, Chop Robinson, Felkins & Thompson for special teams. Was quite happy with the special teams' performances of late.

Reactions: NedFromYork
It was interesting when Allar got hurt
  • he played another play rather than go strait out
  • none of the staff or trainers seemed to be concerned. He walked to the bench and a player on the bench hugged him. Where was the staff and trainers?
  • TV didn't show him a lot. He didn't go into the tent (do we have a tent?). Did they take his helmet (which shows concussion protocol)
  • He clearly had a pack in his nose yet it wasn't mentioned until much later in the game
And he was moving his right arm up and down in a weird fashion. yet, nobody mentioned this or that it cold be a shoulder injury.

Reactions: mcpat
Quick recapping what I wrote down to catch up here...

- Singleton, he feels like has improved as a player this season and pointed out his blocking skills particularly improving this year.

- Thinks Seider and Howle did a good job on Saturday as well as throughout the week. Noted the offense met its third down goal and explosive play goals for the season.

- Franklin says Yurcich decision wasn't made prior to the Michigan game, thinks there was maybe a little bit of connecting the dots on the recruits part.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Franklin says the key for Penn State when it comes to their coaching staff is keeping assistants around and not have them leave for lateral moves or just for titles.

• none of the staff or trainers seemed to be concerned. He walked to the bench and a player on the bench hugged him. Where was the staff and trainers?
  • TV didn't show him a lot. He didn't go into the tent (do we have a tent?). Did they take his helmet (which shows concussion protocol)
  • He clearly had a pack in his nose yet it wasn't mentioned until much later in the game
And he was moving his right arm up and down in a weird fashion. yet, nobody mentioned this or that it cold be a shoulder injury.
Jones & Ham said he went into a tent. They weren't sure if his bell got rung or he sustained a shoulder/arm injury. He apparently took himself out of the game shortly after the hit. Jones & Ham did mention while Drew was standing on the sidelines he seemed to be trying to raise his arm and seemed to having some difficulty. Maybe a "stinger"?

Jones & Ham said he went into a tent. They weren't sure if his bell got rung or he sustained a shoulder/arm injury. He apparently took himself out of the game shortly after the hit. Jones & Ham did mention while Drew was standing on the sidelines he seemed to be trying to raise his arm and seemed to having some difficulty. Maybe a "stinger"?
I'd like to listen to them via Alexa but I use Hulu and it is often way behind the live feed. When I am on this site following the comments, I often see posts that haven't occurred yet on my Hulu feed.

I watched the game live at a bar so I didn't have sound. I watched the recording last night and noticed they didn't have a sideline reporter. So that may be part of the reason why the broadcast gave few updates on his injury and what they did give wasn't very informative.

Reactions: Obliviax
I'd like to listen to them via Alexa but I use Hulu and it is often way behind the live feed. When I am on this site following the comments, I often see posts that haven't occurred yet on my Hulu feed.
Get the Penn State Nittany Lions Sports app and listen to the game via the Lion Vision tab. It’s fairly easy to sync to tv.

Happy Allar is fine but I do admit I wanted to see Pribula for an entire game.
At the moment, he is more exciting to watch for sure. His decision making was pretty decent. Those decisions didn't offer much for passing, but that is the RPO in a nutshell.

With that said, hopefully Allar can build up that confidence in this game.

At the moment, he is more exciting to watch for sure. His decision making was pretty decent. Those decisions didn't offer much for passing, but that is the RPO in a nutshell.

With that said, hopefully Allar can build up that confidence in this game.
Agreed. this offense matches his skill set better than Allar's. Having said that, Rutgers didn't game plan for a running QB and his speed took Rutgers by surprise. Things change when the defense has time to prepare.

Reactions: PennState_one
Agreed. this offense matches his skill set better than Allar's. Having said that, Rutgers didn't game plan for a running QB and his speed took Rutgers by surprise. Things change when the defense has time to prepare.
Without a doubt. We cannot really determine how well he would have done with some tape available on him. Kid does seem to have confidence and good sideline presence with the teammates though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT