ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has no respect for Michigan State

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Early 19-point underdogs to Ohio State. OK, in Columbus...but still.

Well, yea re whatever it takes to move the Money from on pocket to anothet.

Funny in the who the he'll knows what's going to happen department, we were 26 point underdogs in 1998 , unranked,and beat them.in Columbus.
tOSU had at last 10 players drafted from that team.

Couple of years ago after Purdue spanked the buxx, they then beat us by 40+??

From a comical #'s perspective, Purdue Recently beat us by about 10 points.
tOSU beat Purdue by about 30(?) Yesterday.
That means non-stistically (comically) speaking, we should lose by _______???

Hell, even if the Good Lord were a betting man, he'd have a tough time with his Vegas bet.

It'll be a war on the field.

Go State's
and

,,,Cheers

Well, yea re whatever it takes to move the Money from on pocket to anothet.

Funny in the who the he'll knows what's going to happen department, we were 26 point underdogs in 1998 , unranked,and beat them.in Columbus.
tOSU had at last 10 players drafted from that team.

Couple of years ago after Purdue spanked the buxx, they then beat us by 40+??

From a comical #'s perspective, Purdue Recently beat us by about 10 points.
tOSU beat Purdue by about 30(?) Yesterday.
That means non-stistically (comically) speaking, we should lose by _______???

Hell, even if the Good Lord were a betting man, he'd have a tough time with his Vegas bet.

It'll be a war on the field.

Go State's
and

,,,Cheers
Neither does Sagarin who has OSU better than MSU by 17. Has PSU better than MSU by 7. MSU like Iowa should never have been in the top 10 of any poll.

Reactions: bison13

OSU opened as 19 point favorites against Purdue, which raised a lot of eyebrows. And yet, that line inched up during the week and settled at OSU -21.

Clearly, Vegas knew.

I see this as being a ~14 point game, but MSU can definitely play OSU close. Big disadvantage for Sparty -- their pass defense is as bad as any in the country. Against OSU's WRs -- that's bad news.

Reactions: bison13 and Jerry
OSU opened as 19 point favorites against Purdue, which raised a lot of eyebrows. And yet, that line inched up during the week and settled at OSU -21.

Clearly, Vegas knew.

I see this as being a ~14 point game, but MSU can definitely play OSU close. Big disadvantage for Sparty -- their pass defense is as bad as any in the country. Against OSU's WRs -- that's bad news.

Not only that, but the Bucks were 19-point favorites against us too. Apparently there's something about the number 19 that appeals to the bookies in regards to Ohio State.

So they covered the number versus Purdue but not against us. I don't know, to me, Michigan State looks like a great bet getting 19 points. But maybe I'm missing something, which I often do.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
MSU is #130 out of 130 teams in passing yards allowed.

I think the thought is that when the OSU offense is clicking, they are going to score 50+. And while the defense isn't great, they'll likely hold teams in the high 20's to low 30's.

I wouldn't touch that line though.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

I think the thought is that when the OSU offense is clicking, they are going to score 50+. And while the defense isn't great, they'll likely hold teams in the high 20's to low 30's.

Interesting bio on our coach Mel Tucker:

A MSU Grad Assistant in 1998 and probably at the 1998 game. And

Coached at Ohio State from 2001-2004.

No betting for me.

As the game's an early 9a.m. game here on the Coast, just start the day with
an aye opener of a fine single malt scotch, then enjoy our game,
And then check the rest of Saturday's fun football schedule.

Ciao, and

,,,cheers

Funky Dupe post on my part: Sorry.

Interesting bio on our coach Mel Tucker:

A MSU Grad Assistant in 1998 and probably at the 1998 game. And

Coached at Ohio State from 2001-2004.

No betting for me.

As the game's an early 9a.m. game here on the Coast, just start the day with
an aye opener of a fine single malt scotch, then enjoy our game,
And then check the rest of Saturday's fun football schedule.

Ciao, and

,,,cheers

Neither does Sagarin who has OSU better than MSU by 17. Has PSU better than MSU by 7. MSU like Iowa should never have been in the top 10 of any poll.
After watching OSU yesterday, I get why they are huge favors over Sparty. But us at 7 is a head scratcher. Sparty will beat us, they have an elite RB and he will shred us.

I read on another site that MSU's pass defense is ranked 130th out of 130 - dead last - with an average of giving up 329 yards / game. If that's the case, it could be a very, very long day for MSU against that OSU air attack. Those OSU receivers will be back 30 to 40 yards deep waving their arms for Stroud to throw them the ball

The main point in the line is to balance the money. Schools with big fan bases will often draw more betting money (Notre Dame is one, too).

After watching OSU yesterday, I get why they are huge favors over Sparty. But us at 7 is a head scratcher. Sparty will beat us, they have an elite RB and he will shred us.

I think by this point in the season, our defense has earned the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure Walker will get his yards, and maybe then some. He's a really good back. But I think the defense will keep the score close enough to give us a chance. No team has blown us out yet. I don't suspect Sparty will be the first. But who knows.

I think by this point in the season, our defense has earned the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure Walker will get his yards, and maybe then some. He's a really good back. But I think the defense will keep the score close enough to give us a chance. No team has blown us out yet. I don't suspect Sparty will be the first. But who knows.
Yes, we do play good enough to loss close!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT