ADVERTISEMENT

Early betting line for Michigan game...and the road ahead...starting Saturday

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the Sign-Stealers are favored early. Depending on the book, the number ranges from 2.5 points, which is the consensus, all the way to 5.5 (FanDuel).

Meanwhile, this week's Indiana point spread has climbed to 32 (from 28.5). Lots of action on Penn State.

The betting angle aside, the main objective on Saturday has to be getting Drew's head back on straight. It's clear that he came out of the Ohio State game mentally shaken. Once your QB starts doubting himself, you've got a big problem.

Drew's a young guy with great talent and potential who stepped into a very hostile environment against a top-rated D...while leading an O that had obvious issues. This is a formula for major problems, which is what we saw.

Granted, he was the key player against Ohio State and played a poor game, but the O's failure is not entirely on him. There's more than enough blame to go around. We can only hope Franklin and the staff have been working on bringing the kid back to earth.

At the end of the day, we were underdogs in Columbus and rightfully so. However, there could still be great things in front of this team. Believe me, a W against Michigan, which is well within reach at home, would instantly make all things right.

Take Michigan a no doubt about it
Little doubt, not none: There IS one shot to win and that's the 2016 Iowa way, they won 14-13 against the #2 ranked Michigan team that beat Penn State 49-10. In fact it happened the very next week I believe. That's the blueprint and the only one possible.

Little doubt, not none: There IS one shot to win and that's the 2016 Iowa way, they won 14-13 against the #2 ranked Michigan team that beat Penn State 49-10. In fact it happened the very next week I believe. That's the blueprint and the only one possible.
That's fair. Michigan -2.5 is tough to pass on right now. -5.5 I would go near that.

Indiana may be the worst team in the conference. Their D sucks, their secondary is dinged up, and their O is no good either.

All in all, this is the perfect set-up for Drew to get his head back in the game after the poor performance against the Bucks.

For the love of Pete, let the lad sling the ball...and also stop with the slow-developing run plays. If we can't get the rushing game untracked against this team, I don't know what to think.

Indiana may be the worst team in the conference. Their D sucks, their secondary is dinged up, and their O is no good either.

All in all, this is the perfect set-up for Drew to get his head back in the game after the poor performance against the Bucks.

For the love of Pete, let the lad sling the ball...and also stop with the slow-developing run plays. If we can't get the rushing game untracked against this team, I don't know what to think.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's 10-3 at halftime. It is at home though, so, maybe 20-7.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the Sign-Stealers are favored early. Depending on the book, the number ranges from 2.5 points, which is the consensus, all the way to 5.5 (FanDuel).

Meanwhile, this week's Indiana point spread has climbed to 32 (from 28.5). Lots of action on Penn State.

The betting angle aside, the main objective on Saturday has to be getting Drew's head back on straight. It's clear that he came out of the Ohio State game mentally shaken. Once your QB starts doubting himself, you've got a big problem.

Drew's a young guy with great talent and potential who stepped into a very hostile environment against a top-rated D...while leading an O that had obvious issues. This is a formula for major problems, which is what we saw.

Granted, he was the key player against Ohio State and played a poor game, but the O's failure is not entirely on him. There's more than enough blame to go around. We can only hope Franklin and the staff have been working on bringing the kid back to earth.

At the end of the day, we were underdogs in Columbus and rightfully so. However, there could still be great things in front of this team. Believe me, a W against Michigan, which is well within reach at home, would instantly make all things right.
Oh my, take scUM and give the points. I was thinking 10-14pt spread.

At home? 10-14 is way too high having just lost by 8 on the road against Ohio State (even if it wasn't that close)
I thought Michigan would be favored by 3 or 4. 5.5 still seems crazy right now but lots can change between now and then.

The only thing that fans/recreational gamblers overvalue more than injuries and home field advantage are the results from one recent game.

We could have lost by 70 on Saturday and it wouldn't have moved the Michigan line by more than a touchdown.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Psu lost to um in September, um lost to iowa in November, week before OSU

I've been much more worried about UM than OSU because I can't get last yrs beat down out of my head. That said, we've stopped the run quite well ever since WVa. so we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT