ADVERTISEMENT

US Open Thread

Did that. Now mat 1 just the flo wrestling logo. You seeing action on mat 1. Thanks.
Had it. Lost it again. Just checked over on themat and it's a mixed bag for the posters there too. A few claim to have not had any problems. The majority of posters are unhappy.

Frank loses on criteria to Oliver, 4-4, but I dunno, a lot of things almost happened. Maybe corrected score should've been 12-9 Frank.

Reactions: diggerpup
Frank loses on criteria to Oliver, 4-4, but I dunno, a lot of things almost happened. Maybe corrected score should've been 12-9 Frank.
What criteria ? Frank scored that take down last. Freestyle is way to confusing....Won't matter anyway since Zain is going to beat both of them....I feel bad for him....That was TERRIBLE...Oliver should have NEVER been in the finals. That is fact....

JB takes out Kid Dynamite again - 2-2 - criteria. If JO got 2 for Zain going to the face and that's how they were supposed to call it, then Dake should have gotten 2 when JB popped him in the face. I'm not a huge Kid Dynamite fan and he does whine a lot, but fair is fair. Not sure he got a fair shake in that one.

I probably would have laughed at you if you told me Manville would beat Bey in the finals... Great tournament for him! What a cool experience, ahead.

Burroughs just got handed that match.

Freestyle really isn't that hard to follow, guys.

I'm open to the possibility. I'm usually pretty handy but flo arena was befuddling me. I saw Bill Farrell open results about 5 times.

Sorry, that was just sarcasm, poking fun at an earlier poster who suggested Flo problems may be consumer issue :)

We need Dake to go full Terry Brand in a post-event interview... "THEY WANNA HAND-PICK THE TEAM! YOU CAN'T HAND-PICK THE TEAM. MAKE HIM EARN IT!"

Reactions: mn78psu83
It's almost as if some of you are cheering for us to be thrown out of the Olympics so that you can gloat about it, pompously, and watch a sport in which you earn a point for spending more time in one position than the other guy.

last point scored

I understand the last point. But Frank Molinaro scored last against J.O., but Jordan still won on criteria. Was it something else?

Freestyle is tough for me. Just when I think I'm getting to understand it, something happens that I can't comprehend.

Trust me I'm no fan of Dake, but I've grown to respect how tough he is. He had every right to "whine". He had a bloody face and got two contacts knocked out. Makes me all the more pissed for the call in Zain's match.

Something like "hands to the face" should be a single 1pt penalty. Not 2. That completely changed the Zain-JO match ... a gift 2.

How can a penalty be worth the same as a takedown ?

I like freestyle for the neutral action, but the judgmental & subjective scoring is mind-bending.

------

DT mauls R. Perry, 10-0??! Sheesh !!

Was it in France just a few months ago DT needed a come back or was it a close win vs Perry? Something like 6-3?

Taylor seems like a brand new man after the World Cup in Iran.

Knocking off those Olympic Medalists & Champs like he did had to do worlds for his confidence - and it's showing.

Plus, he's growing / lifting into 86kg, and his cardio & endurance is coming back. His pace this weekend as a 86kg seemed on a different level.

DT is now lethal.
J'Den better be on notice

I understand the last point. But Frank Molinaro scored last against J.O., but Jordan still won on criteria. Was it something else?

Freestyle is tough for me. Just when I think I'm getting to understand it, something happens that I can't comprehend.

This bothered me too, I was following the match on FloArena and from what I saw it was Frank who scored the last point, so in the limited time I've been following freestyle, I thought he had won. If someone could please explain this to me, I would appreciate it, was it simply that the scoring was wrong on Flo, or is there a way you achieve the points over-rule the last point scored?

It's almost as if some of you are cheering for us to be thrown out of the Olympics so that you can gloat about it, pompously, and watch a sport in which you earn a point for spending more time in one position than the other guy.
Wow that is what you got from that? Wrestling was almost eliminated from the Olympics primarily for two reasons from what I understand. 1. Rules to complicated for the lay person to follow. (I.e. The correct throw would be an example I'm personally unimpressed with) 2. Lack of evidence consistency/bias calls. Dake vs. Zain same issue the one less aggressive is penalized. Perry/Dieringer official influenced the match unjustly IMO, although it did not matter in the end. Gloating, no. Disappointed in the UWW yes. I'll admit I'm bias, but several matches it seemed that passivity was rewarded and no consistency between the officials. To your last point, huh? Who advocated what you are suggesting? Since I'm ranting I would like an answer to one question, the Downey Dean match what the heck were the officials doing? Ruling push out Downey Dean appeals, after a lengthy review reversed and Downey appeals and shortly thereafter is awarded the win. what was the rational?

Reactions: NJ Lion
This bothered me too, I was following the match on FloArena and from what I saw it was Frank who scored the last point, so in the limited time I've been following freestyle, I thought he had won. If someone could please explain this to me, I would appreciate it, was it simply that the scoring was wrong on Flo, or is there a way you achieve the points over-rule the last point scored?

Last point scored is not the first criteria. First is the highest scored move and if that is tied the second is who has the most of the highest scored move. In that bout JO had 2 two point scores and Tank had 1 two point score and 2 one point scores so JO wins on the second criteria.

Winning on criteria is the worst thing about wrestling. It's hot garbage. If anyone thinks you can't have a worse win than a 1 point riding time point victory, just watch freestyle and you'll want to throw up.

You make a good point. But Criteria is supposed to foster aggressive wrestling and not have matches last forever. I hate those WNO matches that go on forever and the wrestlers are just defensive and waiting for the other person to make a mistake and they counter and win. That kind of wresting is boring to me.

Winning on criteria is the worst thing about wrestling. It's hot garbage. If anyone thinks you can't have a worse win than a 1 point riding time point victory, just watch freestyle and you'll want to throw up.

206j5ns.png

Reactions: diggerpup
How did JB not get called for repeatedly punching Dake in the face? Zain loses because of it and JB gets away with it.

Zain didn't do anything nearly as egregious as what Burroughs did in that match. Bad officiating in both matches.

There are facemushes AND then there are FACEMUSHES.

JB exacting fan revenge for the Nationals ESPiN segments with KD

This match had the feeling of Rocky I (in fight action/story wise), and we all know how Rocky II ended (WTT later this year).

There are facemushes AND then there are FACEMUSHES.

JB exacting fan revenge for the Nationals ESPiN segments with KD

This match had the feeling of Rocky I (in fight action/story wise), and we all know how Rocky II ended (WTT later this year).
Zain was giving love taps compared to that. Kid Dynamite's still looking for his contact lenses.

Turner should have beat Pletcher. One bad mistake..Oh well Nick Lee is the best wrestler at that weight..Just needs to watch being TOO aggressive and letting guys counter. That is not hard to fix in the room.

Turner should have beat Luke? And best wrestler don't win tourney. Dang this is a tough room. I love coming on this board because I get to read great insight from the most knowledgeable fans in the country. But then spyker goes and says something.

Turner should have beat Luke? And best wrestler don't win tourney. Dang this is a tough room. I love coming on this board because I get to read great insight from the most knowledgeable fans in the country. But then spyker goes and says something.

You come on here enough to know better than to be taken aback by anything spyker says...

He's certainly not ignore-worthy as he is enthusiastic, entertaining, and seems like a nice guy. But discussing sports with him reminds me of talking sports with my son when he was six.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT