ADVERTISEMENT

Urbs just couldn't keep a low profile...

No, I didn't say that. If you'd like to put words in my mouth, try these: 'You are a douche.'

Then explain using your words instead of attacking
Why do you think Joe should have fought but aren't okay with Urban doing the same?

Then why was he coaching? Isn't it well know he wanted to hold a press conference immediately to defend himself but didn't. Every time you give me an order I'll fight harder. You're full of s*** right here...people in far worse shape than Joe have fought. I don't blame Joe for not fighting but I wish he had.
What exactly is he fighting? The perception that he is a liar- it was proven that he was. One might argue his motives but his memory issue bullsh$t is just that - those clowns at OSU gave him cover and now he is spitting in their faces. Good luck with that Urbs.

Reactions: odshowtime
What exactly is he fighting? The perception that he is a liar- it was proven that he was. One might argue his motives but his memory issue bullsh$t is just that - those clowns at OSU gave him cover and now he is spitting in their faces. Good luck with that Urbs.

He can fight anything he wants. Personally, I believe the "memory issues" stuff is more nonsense but why are you mad someone is defending themselves? It just doesn't make sense. You can still hate/dislike him but anyone that feels they are being unjustly accused of something should defend themselves--right or wrong. I don't think Urban's a "good person" but that doesn't mean he should stay quiet. Even if staying quiet might be the smarter decision given these circumstances

There is a power struggle at Tosu. The president is not happy with leyer's mere three-game suspension. A trustee wasn't either and stepped down. Obviously leyer has some supporters at the higher ranks within the university and among boosters. leyer won the charade of an investigation and the farce of a press conference in that he wasn't fired. However, it is clear that some at the university are still pushing back against him. He is trying to push back by winning the power of public opinion.

This isn't over.

I don’t think Urban’s press conference will help him at all, probably hurts him as did his first one.
The well could be poisoned between him and the university and I won’t be surprised if they mutually agree to separate after this year.
As for Paterno, late in life, press conferences were not his strongest suit.

Reactions: step.eng69
Interesting. Urban Meyer has now made three separate and distinct statements about this and it would be interesting to take a transcript of each of them and compare them because in the most recent statement we were looking at today he seems to be saying that the only real problem that got Zach Smith fired was that Zach Smith had work-related problems.

It sure sounded like from that piece I just watched which was his original statement that he was saying that the problem was domestic relations and domestic abuse. He didn't say anything about DUI and adderal and sex in the locker room.

Last edited:
He can fight anything he wants. Personally, I believe the "memory issues" stuff is more nonsense but why are you mad someone is defending themselves? It just doesn't make sense. You can still hate/dislike him but anyone that feels they are being unjustly accused of something should defend themselves--right or wrong. I don't think Urban's a "good person" but that doesn't mean he should stay quiet. Even if staying quiet might be the smarter decision given these circumstances
You really are a narcissistic, insensitive and insecure jackass that must chime in on every thread with your supposed exalted opinions then belittle anyone that even remotely challenges you. Sadly there is no way to rationally deal with you. Adult discussion is totally fruitless because only your opinion matters. Agreeing with you would probably release a subliminal sexual satisfaction that is I’m sure lacking in your actual life. If you indeed have one.

Ignoring you unfortunately is also not a totally viable solution either. Because that response no doubt falsely ( in troubled minds such as yours ) becomes associated with an intellectual victory. However, that is the route I have decided to follow solely because you are one of the most opinionated self centered people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. I post this not to influence you, as you definitely have severe issues of self worth and are desperately craving attention. But merely to encourage others to completely ignore you, as I shall now do.

You really are a narcissistic, insensitive and insecure jackass that must chime in on every thread with your supposed exalted opinions then belittle anyone that even remotely challenges you. Sadly there is no way to rationally deal with you. Adult discussion is totally fruitless because only your opinion matters. Agreeing with you would probably release a subliminal sexual satisfaction that is I’m sure lacking in your actual life. If you indeed have one.

Ignoring you unfortunately is also not a totally viable solution either. Because that response no doubt falsely ( in troubled minds such as yours ) becomes associated with an intellectual victory. However, that is the route I have decided to follow solely because you are one of the most opinionated self centered people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. I post this not to influence you, as you definitely have severe issues of self worth and are desperately craving attention. But merely to encourage others to completely ignore you, as I shall now do.

LMAO

I don’t think Urban’s press conference will help him at all, probably hurts him as did his first one.
The well could be poisoned between him and the university and I won’t be surprised if they mutually agree to separate after this year.
As for Paterno, late in life, press conferences were not his strongest suit.
I suspect he is feeling the heat WRT recruiting!

I always think of think Monty Python sketch with this 78 - where you pay to argue but John Cleese just says “no it isn’t” every time Michael Palin says something.

Good luck. Unfortunately, he'll still manage to ruin many a thread for you. Because now you'll just see a bunch of responses that are out of context since you can't see his comment. And since, as you rightly pointed out, he must post in every thread, his damage is pervasive. I've said it before, but he just might be the worst poster in the history of the internet.

I trust Meyer doesn't condone domestic abuse and would have fired him if he knew he physically abused his wife.

The problem isn't his position on domestic abuse. It's his position on integrity, and

his willingness to lie and thwart an "independent" investigation and

the reasonable questions re: the lengths he, the investigators, board, University President and AD are willing to go to serve "Buckeye Nation" and themselves.

This is even if the best narrative unfolds re: the Smiths.
He did know that Smith physically abused his wife! He knew it in 2009 and 2015!!

I'm aware...Paterno was healthy enough to coach when it happened--he was healthy enough to fight it as well IMO...if you disagree that's fine

JoePa was coaching from upstairs because he was so ill that he couldn’t last a game on the sideline. We sat on the East side. We would look for him in the booth. Every game he looked smaller.

Jackass. the more you show yourself, the clearer it becomes what a d-bag you are. I already knew that. If you want others to know it, then finally we agree on something
Exactly. This is an individual that is so sick, so infested with hate toward another program, that he/she actually has devoted each day, for over a year now, in an attempt to cloak him/herself in a false facade, posing as a fan of the same program they despise.

The next time one of us throws grenades or calls each other names, consider this kind of "fan", and try to relax: I have not seen anyone that messed up in the head on any message board, as to devote so much time and energy into some kind of sick pose as a fan, actually assuming an identity. Also, know that not one dollar or cent has been made by this "fan", he/she just gets off on it.

I'm aware...Paterno was healthy enough to coach when it happened--he was healthy enough to fight it as well IMO...if you disagree that's fine
I really wanted to avoid responding to your idiotic posts, but you have left me no choice.

What kind of medical expertise do you have to make this kind of statement? You come off as intellectually challenged and a real Richard Cranium by even saying something like this.

The man I witnessed live in person at the Indiana game that year was a mere shell of his former self, seemingly removed from what was happening on the field. He spent a half gazing down at his shoes near the end zone away from the bench and the other half IIRC up in the press box where he was invisible. That does not appear to be the actions of someone who had the ability to fully comprehend or fight anything.

I always think of think Monty Python sketch with this 78 - where you pay to argue but John Cleese just says “no it isn’t” every time Michael Palin says something.
That would be “The Argument Clinic.”

Hey idiot you do know that a member of the OSU BOT resigned because he didn’t think Urbs was punished enough after seeing all the evidence against him - so he might be in a better position than you to judge the man but go ahead and keep doubling down on stupid.

Yea something about putting down the shovel.
SFU and be grateful you only got a 3 game suspension...unless there's more coming....hmmmm....refilling that popcorn.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

He did know that Smith physically abused his wife! He knew it in 2009 and 2015!!
You may be right about that. He certainly knew she thought/alleged so and I’ve spent the last week or so chewing on the suggestion that neither he nor his wife believed courtney. But then there’s the texts and photos... guess I wasn’t thinking about those.

the fact that he felt compelled to release this tells me a lot. The heat is still on. He is still not accepting his role in this mess. And he is parsing the word "lie" to the point that makes on harken back to the comment "It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.".
100% agree with this. Urban is in the clear, right? Absolutely no need to do this. Unless, someone inside the OSU power structure is whispering to him that the BOT and/or Prez may be starting to rethink their decision. Either that or he is the most vain guy in all of CFB and can't take the criticism. But I cannot fathom OSU would allow him to release that statement unless they know his fight may not be over.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I remember when Meyer was hired at OSU, a poster from Florida came on the board and just about predicted the future. He said Meyer would succeed at OSU but after three or four years the troubles would start to unhinge the program. Time for Urban to go " save" another program. The welcome mat is getting thinner by the minute.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I remember when Meyer was hired at OSU, a poster from Florida came on the board and just about predicted the future. He said Meyer would succeed at OSU but after three or four years the troubles would start to unhinge the program. Time for Urban to go " save" another program. The welcome mat is getting thinner by the minute.
I think this was probably a great prediction- Urban is slippery as hell. While I don't believe the Smiths stories (either of them) and I'm not convinced that Urbs did anything particularly egregious in regard to the stuff everyone is acting all outraged about, I think the program Urbs ran at Florida showed who he is.

After an 8 hour drive, I’m catching back up on this thread. My first and only thought is that 78 should be banned from life.

And no, that wasn’t a typo.....

I think this was probably a great prediction- Urban is slippery as hell. While I don't believe the Smiths stories (either of them) and I'm not convinced that Urbs did anything particularly egregious in regard to the stuff everyone is acting all outraged about, I think the program Urbs ran at Florida showed who he is.
One of my best friends went to UF. He loves UF FB, loved Spurrier and enjoyed Meyer’s early success until he started to feel dirty cheering for the team.
Here’s what he said: Meyer is a great football coach and with him comes a lot of wins-and always will. Says “enjoy those wins, Buckeyes. They’re the upside. The downside is you have Urban Meyer.” His .02. He said that years ago.

Reactions: Nitt1300
100% agree with this. Urban is in the clear, right? Absolutely no need to do this. Unless, someone inside the OSU power structure is whispering to him that the BOT and/or Prez may be starting to rethink their decision. Either that or he is the most vain guy in all of CFB and can't take the criticism. But I cannot fathom OSU would allow him to release that statement unless they know his fight may not be over.
I’m going with the latter....he isn’t feeling any heat but is the most vain man in cfb. This is part of the urban Meyer image rehab project imo.

Reactions: Nitt1300
Urbs is most definitely feeling the heat. Otherwise he has no reason to keep addressing the media. This is the 2nd time and pretty dumb. Dumber yet doing it via Twitter. The national media is destroying him and tOSU. They just had a BOT member resign as well. Yeah, that's heat.

From the day Joe was fired on 9 November, 2011 until the end of Joe Paterno's life was 74 days. BEFORE he was fired he already carried the tumors which would kill him in his lungs. He was not even healthy enough to continue coaching, most likely, and would have surely missed any bowl game REGARDLESS. You ought to shut up. You are f'ing with people on some pretty serious stuff here.

Douchebag also coveniently ignores THE FACT that Paterno DID release a Formal Press Statement after The University prevented him ftom having a Press Conference (the diametric opposite of what happened at tO$U!) The PSU Board railroaded Paterno & the PSU Football Program with outright LIES, which is exactly what Joe Paterno's Formal Statement Release said (i.e., Paterno stated that at no time did Mike McQueary ever tell him that he witnessed any kind of sexual assault or anything of a sexual nature. Paterno went on in the Statement to say that MM was clearly upset about the situation [JS being alone in shower with a youth that MM believed was from his Charity] due to the fact he did not think it was appropriate and expressed concerns about the potential motivations of Sandusky, not what he actually saw.). In the tO$U sitiation, the tO$U Board not only supported Meyer lying, but they called a PC to dedicated solely to support Meyer's entitlement to lie as far as they were cincerned! (again, the PSU Board not only railroaded Paterno & PSU Football with lies, but also actively PREVENTED Paterno from holding a PC telling the truths of what he knew!). Lasrly, Paterno never waivered from his position in his Formal Press Statement and multiple parties from the PA Attorney General's Office, including the AG themselves and the Lead Investigator, made public statements that Paterno did exactly what he was supposed to do and that the there was zero evidence that he ever participated in a lie of any kind regarding the matter and the facts Paterno laid out in his seminal Press Statement remained consistent throughout.

Reactions: Greensburg_Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT