ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievably great songs that you don’t remember are unbelievably great songs until you happen to..

Agree on the Sex Pistols and the early Clash. Started listening to them in 1978 when I was 16. I remember the exact place as we were group camping in Myrtle Beach. Blew my mind. Had the Give 'Em Enough Rope album with me when I moved into Stuart Hall in 1980. I can say that nobody else appreciated the early Clash on my floor. They all moved into a frat in 1983, and they "discovered" Clash Combat Rock with Rock the Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go. I still love the really early, raw, simple stuff from them. Time to put that vinyl on the table tonight. Thank you for the memory
I hate “Should I Stay or Should I Go”. Blech. Give me Tommy Gun, White Riot, Complete Control, Rudy Can’t Fail

I never knew JJ co-wrote this #1 hit. This performance is astounding.

Live Tom Petty cover, the violinist adds a beautiful layer to the song taking over the lead between Verse Chorus / VC. Charlie's voice is immaculate, sounding like a cleaner Tom without effort.

Ride Captain Ride - Blues Image
Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
Since You've Been Gone - Rainbow
What is Life - George Harrison
Midnight Ride -Styx. (Entire Equinox Album)
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
Handle With Care - Traveling Wilbury's
Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
Alone -. Heart
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

The list could go on forever.......

Last edited:
Reactions: bytir
I don’t know how to post videos (I don’t know how to post s**t), but if I could I would include Rock the Casbah by The Clash.

Hush by Deep Purple don't know if it's Highway Star on steroids, or is Highway Star Hush on steroids. Neither song is worn out or dry.

Yah anothrr pumpkins fan
Absolutely! Saw them 2 yrs. ago during their “reunion” tour. Sounded great and played all their best stuff. And even threw in a great cover of Stairway to Heaven.

Last edited:
Absolutely! Saw them 2 yrs. ago during their “reunion” tour. Sounded great and played all their best stuff. And even threw in a great cover of Stairway to Heaven.
I saw them at Radio city music hall in 1998...amazing show

Paul Carrick “The Living Years“

Velvet Revolver “Fall to Pieces”

Alannah Myles “Black Velvet”

The Guess Who “Share the Land”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT