ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievably great songs that you don’t remember are unbelievably great songs until you happen to..

IDGAF. Let's go 'Hook' by Blues Traveler.

[/QUOTE]
Came here to say this exact song. I’d known and liked it for years until one day it really grabbed me and I realized what a great track it truly is.

Here’s another that snuck up on me 15 years after it was released:

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Flock of Seagulls. Jennifer Connolly is stunning.

INXS

A little DEVO

ForthrightBasicChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

MacArthur Park - Richard Harris late 60s

Ol' Man River - Temptations - Temps in a Mellow Mood

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

The perfect ending to a great album

This band had so many great tunes

Heard this first early in grad school

Not in the same vein as the above tunes, but never get tired of this one

Agree on the Sex Pistols and the early Clash. Started listening to them in 1978 when I was 16. I remember the exact place as we were group camping in Myrtle Beach. Blew my mind. Had the Give 'Em Enough Rope album with me when I moved into Stuart Hall in 1980. I can say that nobody else appreciated the early Clash on my floor. They all moved into a frat in 1983, and they "discovered" Clash Combat Rock with Rock the Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go. I still love the really early, raw, simple stuff from them. Time to put that vinyl on the table tonight. Thank you for the memory

Agree on the Sex Pistols and the early Clash. Started listening to them in 1978 when I was 16. I remember the exact place as we were group camping in Myrtle Beach. Blew my mind. Had the Give 'Em Enough Rope album with me when I moved into Stuart Hall in 1980. I can say that nobody else appreciated the early Clash on my floor. They all moved into a frat in 1983, and they "discovered" Clash Combat Rock with Rock the Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go. I still love the really early, raw, simple stuff from them. Time to put that vinyl on the table tonight. Thank you for the memory
If you listen to the guitar work on the first 2 U2 albums (Boy and October) you can pick up a very strong Clash influence. That Pistols album is still in my rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT