ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh - 1976???

Ha, the suit filed probably just asked for Freeh source materials from the get go. You know their response by now was just to hand out $$$.

Yes, they have turned PSU into an "Indemnity Compay" (an Insurance Company) indemnifying TSM and DPW/CYS against any and all claims against Sandusky (keep in mind, Sandusky ran Group Homes and was adopting children via DPW/CYS as early as 1972 I believe). The charlatans have turned PSU into an open-ended Indemnity Company that is literally inviting FRAUD by advertising that they will pay any and all claims.....and ALL OF IT done without the full vote of the Board in VIOLATION of PSU's Founding Charter! This situation has become absurd in how abusive of both the "Public Trust" (e.g., Pennsylvania Citizens) and the Trustees' LEGALLY-BINDING Fiduciary Obligations which are owed EXCLUSIVELY TO PSU and nobody else (for instance, how is paying potentially fraudulent claims and Indemnifying third-parties with unlimited liability to PSU not breaking "Duty of Loyalty" and "Duty of Care" to PSU????). This is out of control and I don't think the Attorney General (and the State's Insurance Commissioner) has any choice but to step in and INVESTIGATE this massive abuse and fraud at this point!

Good, and I think fair, column from SI legal analyst Michael McCann. He states, "For at least four reasons, it will likely never be known whether the allegation against Paterno is true, false, or somewhere in between." He then explains those reasons.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/06/penn-state-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky-1976-allegation
Here's a quote from the article:
"To be sure, this allegation against Paterno is deeply troubling, especially given that it arose during sworn testimony".

Perhaps someone should have the Writer watch George Carlin's piece of "Swearing on the Bible".

"To be sure, this allegation against Paterno is deeply troubling, especially given that it arose during sworn testimony".

Perhaps someone should have the Writer watch George Carlin's piece of "Swearing on the Bible".

It is troubling, but no more so than anything else in this sordid tale.

We will never, ever know the truth. We're left with what we know about Joe's life and believe about what type of person he was. There's never going to be evidence that exonerates him, and there's never going to be anything that indicts him. It's all going to be shades of gray.

Reactions: Nitt1300

Sworn testimony with only a dead man to refute it. I want witnesses beyond the accuser. The time, the place, Joe's response -- all of it. Not a peep out of this person until money shows up. Always, always money.

Break the bloody seal, dammit.:mad:

There's been plenty of sworn testimony the past few years that's highly questionable and no one really seems to care.

It is troubling, but no more so than anything else in this sordid tale.

We will never, ever know the truth. We're left with what we know about Joe's life and believe about what type of person he was. There's never going to be evidence that exonerates him, and there's never going to be anything that indicts him. It's all going to be shades of gray.

We don't know the truth and probably never will, but for all the good he did, he probably knew more than you think. If you or anyone were around Sandusky as much as these guys were, some bells must have went off, and you probably did get "told things" Don't kid yourself. Everyone there screwed up big time.... didn't want to believe it.... whatever. Unfortunately, this is what his legacy is left with and its not going to change.

Uhh, maybe the claim is legitimate ?

Nobody knows either way, but the lines in the sand will be drawn. I find it odd he only told Joe and only came forward after Joe's death, but maybe there is more to it? You watch how many people are already self appointed experts on this topic by noon today.

Juck Ferry Sandusky!!!!!

We don't know the truth and probably never will, but for all the good he did, he probably knew more than you think. If you or anyone were around Sandusky as much as these guys were, some bells must have went off, and you probably did get "told things" Don't kid yourself. Everyone there screwed up big time.... didn't want to believe it.... whatever. Unfortunately, this is what his legacy is left with and its not going to change.

Just curious, if we're painting with as broad of a brush as you'd like to, why isn't someone like Tom Bradley more in the cross hairs? I mean, as a defensive assistant under Sandusky, he would have spent much more time with him than Paterno would have. Yet Bradley was named the interim coach, has been hired by multiple schools who undoubtedly looked very closely into this, and has remained completely above the fray. So a defensive assistant coach who spent 2 decades coaching with Sandusky knew nothing yet Paterno knew everything? Nah, just way too convenient. And before anyone says something, I'm not suggesting Bradley knew anything. I'm just pointing out the folly of this idea that someone HAD to know something simply because of working with Sandusky.

I'm so sick of this sh#T. I'm done fretting over it. Nothing will change. Am going to turn my attention to other things. Life is too short. Bye, all.[/QUOTE

I am getting close as well...unreal what this country has turned into. Absolutely no evidence at all, ZIPPO, and it makes headlines in the WB/SCR newspapers.....and not only that, the article flat out lies!!!...".previously undisclosed and unproven allegations"....from an insurance company trying to avoid paying $$$$ and the stupid public can't see through this....

Except that flies completely in the face of everything we know about "nice guy predators". They get away with it by avoiding precisely the type of scrutiny you are alleging must have happened.

Do yourself a favor and read Jim Clemente's report. Then ask yourself how a group of coaches who were highly focused on preparing a football team - not looking for a child molester in their midst - would even suspect that a member of the staff was a predator, especially when Sandusky was so adept at hiding his perversion. Then ask yourself how CYS and the staff at Second Mile - professionals trained to spot problems and in direct contact with Sandusky and his potential victims at TSM - could have missed it for so long.

Nobody knows either way, but the lines in the sand will be drawn. I find it odd he only told Joe and only came forward after Joe's death, but maybe there is more to it? You watch how many people are already self appointed experts on this topic by noon today.

Juck Ferry Sandusky!!!!!

Jerry did wrong I'm as sure as I can be. As for others, who knew when? The catholic church threatened victims with lawsuits and excommunication in the 70s.
This stuff didn't get public until the late 80s right? I don't know but I refuse to discount the possibility they covered it up just because some fill in the blank region.

And at this point I don't care anymore. I the time that this scandal has carried on, thousands of children have been abused and little has been done about it in regards to laws and sentencing .

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
There has been an earlier report - KDKA had a news spot on him in 2012 (I can't find the video right now) but I wrote about it:

A 57-year-old man has told investigators that he was sexually molested by Jerry Sandusky 40 years ago when he was 11 and Sandusky was 22.

The abuse occurred in the basement of the recreation center Sandusky's mother and father ran.

Sources tell the KDKA Investigators the 57-year-old man is the third man who claims he was sexually assaulted at the Brownson House more than 40 years ago.

Sandusky was older than 22 in 1976, just saying.

Nevertheless, I am glad you brought this incident up. That Brownson House that was run by the father is something for you to look into further, if you wish. The word our there is that it was Jerry's dad who was the sick one. It is entirely possible that this became a like father like son thing. Or, the kid is wrong about who it was that abused him. There were other abused kids there, without a doubt, and some of them likely grew into abusers. It is a nightmare worthy of your attention.

Triggering
In a dirty basement room full of kids games, old school desks and chairs, the man says 22-year-old Jerry Sandusky raped him.
“He started fondling and touching me. I’m 11-years-old, it felt good. I didn’t know any better. Next thing I know, he was raping me,” the victim said.

“He kept repeating ‘Real men don’t cry.’ I kept telling him how bad it hurt. My stomach was hurting awfully. He kept saying “Real men don’t cry’ until I finally pushed backwards and he fell away from me,”

Tears streaming down his face, he says he ran away from the scene, ran home.

"I just thank God it was raining that day when I went home. That's why I like the rain now, you can't see tears in the rain, so no one could tell I was crying."

The victim also said he’s tried to commit suicide three times.

Many are asking why he came forward now -

“Mainly, because I know I can’t be the only one out here. I may have been the first, but I can’t be the last,” said the victim.
The man hopes other victims will be able to get the help he is now receiving.

Jerry did wrong I'm as sure as I can be. As for others, who knew when? The catholic church threatened victims with lawsuits and excommunication in the 70s.
This stuff didn't get public until the late 80s right? I don't know but I refuse to discount the possibility they covered it up just because some fill in the blank region.

And at this point I don't care anymore. I the time that this scandal has carried on, thousands of children have been abused and little has been done about it in regards to laws and sentencing .

You (not you personally, but you in general) would be a fool to discount the possibility of anything happening. But you'd also be a fool to accept at face value that this latest story is true. One is not as likely as the other.

This may sound a little tin hatty but bear with me for a sec....we know that the BOT inner circle and PMA insurance have had a very close incestuous relationship with each other going back DECADES (with PMA having a lot of say in who gets a seat on PSU's bot, etc.) IOW they were two peas in a pod for quite some time ...and since the OG BOT doesn't give any shits about how much money they are spending and since they embraced the freeh report they knew they would lose in any litigation with the insurance company....what if they filed suit with the insurance company just so they could get the insurance company to make allegations about Joe/PSU athletics knowing about JS going back to the 1970s and then use their media shills like Charlie Thompson to write an article based solely on the allegations (which the OG BOT knew PMA would come up with during the lawsuit) of the insurance company as a means to further cement the current narrative?

PMA and PSU are on opposites sides of a lawsuit but what if in reality the OG BOT and the PMA big wigs are working together behind the scenes to further the current narrative (similar to how Corman and the OG BOT were on opposite sides but in reality were in cahoots during the Corman vs. NCAA lawsuit--he settled right before 400+ incriminating emails of the OG BOT were about to be released by Covey). PMA get's out of having to pay PSU back and the OG BOT gets to further the false narrative-- a win win for both parties.

Not sure if anyone can follow that but I'm just trying to make sense of everything and getting to the bottom of who planted this bull shit.
That is not tin foil talking at all. It is what it is. The media will not or cannot make that connection for obvious $$$$$$$$$$$$ reasons.

Reactions: WeR0206

I have no doubt either, but this one seems fishy and if it does let a company off the hook for 60 million...some eyebrows should be raised.

Just curious, if we're painting with as broad of a brush as you'd like to, why isn't someone like Tom Bradley more in the cross hairs? I mean, as a defensive assistant under Sandusky, he would have spent much more time with him than Paterno would have. Yet Bradley was named the interim coach, has been hired by multiple schools who undoubtedly looked very closely into this, and has remained completely above the fray. So a defensive assistant coach who spent 2 decades coaching with Sandusky knew nothing yet Paterno knew everything? Nah, just way too convenient. And before anyone says something, I'm not suggesting Bradley knew anything. I'm just pointing out the folly of this idea that someone HAD to know something simply because of working with Sandusky.

PMA would have deposed Bradley along with several of the other previous assistant coaches.

It is crazy to me that assistant coaches saying they witnessed Jerry's inappropriate behavior and even telling the AD in the 80's looks much worse than an extremely difficult to prove allegation of notifying Joe in '76

Do you live near a cliff? Please jump. We can never control what everyone thinks, so that obviously is not our goal. However, we fight on for the truth and for getting the truth out there. If you're not all in, find that cliff.

Interesting how the trolls aren't the least bit skeptical about a completely unauthenticated allegation from 40 years ago? Though many big name media outlets appear to have no serious questions about the report either.

If one believes this allegation was actually related to Joe Paterno in 1976, what else do you have to believe?
Wouldn't you HAVE to believe that he knew Jerry was a molester, kept him on his staff for many years, let him associate with his family, mentioned the 1976 incident to no one in 2001 or in his testimony in 2010, and basically didn't care that Sandusky sexually abused kids because it might impact his football program??

Come on.....it just isn't believable.

There are many powerful people being protected. The truth about Joe maybe good or bad. I think the truth needs to come out. My personal experience is where there is smoke, there is usually fire. This may not bode well for Joe or his legacy. However, if Penn State is ever to come out from under this dark cloud, it must do everything possible to bring everything to light.

That is not tin foil talking at all. It is what it is. The media will not or cannot make that connection for obvious $$$$$$$$$$$$ reasons.
This country has a real media problem. As soon as someone is accused of anything, no matter how ludicrous, his or her name and picture is plastered all over the Internet, newspapers and tv. How is anyone supposed to get a truly fair trial? And so it goes on for Joe. Some insurance company wants to cover it's ass so it concocts some story which is presented by the media as being the truth for the sake of headlines. What really burns me up is when ,just as CNN just did, a media source 'reviews' the 'case' and refers to the 'shower incident' without mentioning the fact that the matter was thrown out of court for lack of evidence. Was Sandusky a wierd dude? Sure. Was there ever any real proof that any molestations occurred? Not that I've seen.

Says who?
Tim Curley, mostly. All of my information is taken directly from the bare text of emails exchanged between Curley and Spanier during the negotiation process in 1998, making it clear that Curley was the primary point of contact in negotiating Sandusky's deal, with input from Spanier, Schultz, and Paterno.

Interesting how the trolls aren't the least bit skeptical about a completely unauthenticated allegation from 40 years ago? Though many big name media outlets appear to have no serious questions about the report either.

If one believes this allegation was actually related to Joe Paterno in 1976, what else do you have to believe?
Wouldn't you HAVE to believe that he knew Jerry was a molester, kept him on his staff for many years, let him associate with his family, mentioned the 1976 incident to no one in 2001 or in his testimony in 2010, and basically didn't care that Sandusky sexually abused kids because it might impact his football program??

Come on.....it just isn't believable.

Apparently Joe was in complete control of things back in 1976, long before he was so famous and had won national championships. It appears that he conspired with dozens of assistant coaches and 3-4 athletic directors. Might as well throw in hundreds of players that also had to know about Sandusky. Joe was apparently able to keep them all quiet. This is the scenario that the media is promoting.

If anyone can get there today Mr. Lubrano has asked for help and support today at the BOT meeting please go and let our voices be heard. Today is the day we finally go to offense and put the OGBOT on defense. It's finally time to take the fight to them and see how they like it. Let them squirm for awhile. Go get 'em Mr. Lubrano and take the fight to them. A good defense is a good offense and it's time to play offense for once....

You (not you personally, but you in general) would be a fool to discount the possibility of anything happening. But you'd also be a fool to accept at face value that this latest story is true. One is not as likely as the other.

And how would you know which is less likely? I will not buy the character defense, because few people were more respected than Catholic church officials before that scandal came to light. and that changed as information was released.

And how would you know which is less likely? I will not buy the character defense, because few people were more respected than Catholic church officials before that scandal came to light. and that changed as information was released.

Well then that's on you. If mere allegation and supposition is enough for you then have at it. I feel very confident in starting from the position that Paterno was NOT a monster until PROOF shows that he was.

And to your point about the Catholic church officials, it wasn't until PROOF came out that people changed their minds about them. Not a single 40 year old, facially implausible allegation, not 2 out of context e-mails, but proof. Honestly, I can't imagine going through life thinking the worst of people until and unless they can disprove that to me. That would really stink.

I have no doubt either, but this one seems fishy and if it does let a company off the hook for 60 million...some eyebrows should be raised.

Money motivates some people to lie. Also, the fact that they are usually protected by people who confidently take their word for it...without question. The latter is a slippery slope that should be avoided in favor of objectivity.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
The catholic church is corrupt. Penn State is nothing like that corrupt organization. I wish people would stop comparing the two because they are not at all alike.

Reactions: Marshall30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT