ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh - 1976???

WTF is going on? Is this some last minute push back from the OG BOT to keep the current narrative alive? Main stream press picking this up as well:

From USA Today:
Report: Joe Paterno told about Jerry Sandusky sex abuse as early as 1976

"Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky engaged in child sex abuse as many as 40 years ago,
according to a report published Thursday on PennLive.

Sandusky was convicted of 45 counts of child sex abuse in June 2012, five months after Paterno’s death, and is serving 30 to 60 years in prison. Lawyers for Sandusky, 72, have been in court this week attempting to overturn his conviction.

According to PennLive, the order also cites incidents of other assistant football coaches witnessing “inappropriate contact between Sandusky and unidentified children.” The website says that a court order related to an insurance coverage case involving Penn State includes a line that one of the school’s insurers has claimed “in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU’s Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky.”
------------------------------------
So, USA Today/PennLive are running this story all based on the claim by an insurance company (that's trying to get out of paying millions to PSU) where there is zero evidence to back it up...."1976 child allegedly reported to Joe that he was sexually molested..." Um...how do they know this isn't just another whacko/liar looking for a payday? Was this person vetted at all and do they have any PROOF??

The media is going to go bonkers over this.

Last edited:
Reactions: simons96
What sucks is that we are in a position of proving a negative. Much easier to throw shit on the board and have morons run with it than it is to prove that some thing did not happen and this can go on forever. Do you really think with all the crap that has gone on in the past 5 years that if this were a real, true story that it wouldn't have been front and center early on?

Charles Thompson, the writer of the PennLive article is definitely in the OG BOT's pocket..he has been pushing their agenda from DAY ONE
The modifier 'allegedly' will of course get lost in translation. Also, the reporter of the incident will never be identified or asked to account for his accusation (the accuser would have to be around 55 now). Therefore, it has to be true and will be reported nationally as such.

Also, how in the hell did this kid supposedly get in DIRECTLY in touch with Joe back in the 1970's?? There was no twitter, cell phones, etc..

This whole thing is based on ALLEGED claims....claims that haven't been proven yet the media, of course Charlie Thompson, is reporting and making article titles as if it's a proven fact...smh

Also, how in the hell did this kid supposedly get in DIRECTLY in touch with Joe back in the 1970's?? There was no twitter, cell phones, etc..

This whole thing is based on ALLEGED claims....claims that haven't been proven yet the media, of course Charlie Thompson, is reporting and making article titles as if it's a proven fact...smh
ALLEGEDLY is not in the headline, only one word in the body of the article. I hate phuckin people so much.

Under what circumstances would a kid (presumably not related to Paterno) walk up to him and say he was molested? I just can't even imagine a kid not first telling a parent or other relative.

Last edited:
Why didn't the OAG find out about the supposed '76, '87, and '88 claims and bring charges to those people? Surely with the OAG's vast resources they would have found out about them.
Wouldn't have brought charges since outside the statute of limitations. They would've probably still brought the alleged incidences up, however.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
So Joe covered up for the guy he could not stand and wanted fired year after year for now lets say 35 years. Its known they hated each other equally. So Joe just let Jerry run wild around campus and town raping little boys and turned his back on it because if he dare say something the PSU football program would be shut down. However, if he said something he would be a hero for stopping such an act. Nah, Joe had no morals he just went to bed for 35 plus years knowing Jerry is carrying on with his criminal enterprise of sodomizing young boys. Joe even had young boys of his own, many grandchildren, what would he care.

That is basically what the media wants you to believe.

or these are accusations made after the fact for a. someone to try get in line for millions PSU morons were handing out b. PSU BOT who hated Joe leaking this so they don't have to deal with a statue hassle this year etc.

As the great Tupac once had a song..."who do you believe in"

The cowardly BOT has been holding on this card for a while and were just waiting for the right time to drop it. Eff them and their lies. JoePa will always be a hero for everything he ever did for PSU. Nothing can take that away!

Why didn't this come out 4-5 yrs ago? The article is all "alleged" garbage... Im so sick of it.

The media is running with this and Joe Paterno is trending all over social media.... Im ready to move on, this was 40 years ago.

When the serious charges on the PSU admins gets dropped it was crickets by the media. Same goes for V2 (Allan Myers) being mentioned in JS appeals, & who is on the record saying nothing happened the night MM saw him in the shower.

Yet, they jump all over this unsubstantiated report.

Wouldn't have brought charges since outside the statute of limitations. They would've probably still brought the alleged incidences up, however.

That was my first thought as well but the SOL certainly didn't stop them from bringing charges against CSS by alleging it was an ongoing crime or some bull shit work around.

I just find it extremely odd that during the OAG and Freeh "investigations" and JS trial and in the years since not one person mentioned these supposed earlier (pre 1998) incidents involving PSU admins/Joe.

Reactions: 91Joe95
"There is no evidence that reports of these incidents ever went further up the chain of command at PSU," Judge Gary Glazer wrote, in determining that because Penn State's executive officers - its president and trustees - weren't aware of the allegations, he would not bar claims from that time frame from insurance coverage.

So according to this, PMI could still be on the hook for reimbursing PSU for the payments it made.

Under what circumstances would a kid (presumably not related to Paterno) walk up to him and say he was molested? I just can't even imagine a kid not first telling a parent or other relative.
Exactly. If I was attacked I would have told my parents, not Joe Paterno. In this case, why didn't the kid tell a police officer, teacher, friend, neighbor, guardian, etc.if he didn't have parents?? Why didn't Louis "the lyin' bag of shat" discover this? Wasn't he supposed to investigate back 30-40 years? It's much easier to make up BS and throw around wild baseless accusations and opinions. Hey, for $6.5M I'll spin ya nice yarn or two on any topic, person, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT