ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh - 1976???

It's real simple. Unless more information comes to light, we have to assume the 1976 allegation is false. There isn't nearly enough here to take seriously, but many people, including much of the media, are going with guilty until proven innocent and as someone said, it's difficult to prove a negative.

As a Pitt fans, I've never been a big fan of Joe because he always beat us. That being said I've always respected him. Since Joe appropriately reported the 2001 incident, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have done the same thing in 1976.

There was nothing MORE JoePa could do. He put the one and only witness (who by the way never even so much as filed a police report) in direct touch with the AD and VP in charge of the police. The admins then consulted counsel, confronted JS, revoked his guest privileges, and informed the mandatory reporters and child care experts at TSM.

Joe and the admins respectively followed up with the one and only witness and the witness never expressed dissatisfaction or said MORE needed to be done. After confronting JS about this inappropriate behavior and informing TSM, they all went on with their lives until the witness tried to play revisionist history 10 years later and the OAG took liberties with his testimony.

Some arts good; some parts totally fabricated!

As a Pitt fans, I've never been a big fan of Joe because he always beat us. That being said I've always respected him. Since Joe appropriately reported the 2001 incident, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have done the same thing in 1976.

Thanks, Pantherrevival.

One of the most ILLOGICAL things about this being a PSU Football Scandal/Cover-up is that BOTH times that there was SOLID EVIDENCE that a Sandusky incident was known to the football staff/athletic department, those incidents WERE reported up the chain AND OUTSIDE the University.

Even more illogical is that a full investigation was conducted in 1998 -- when Sandusky was an ACTIVE COACH & DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR -- but in 2001, PSU didn't do anything because of the bad publicity if a RETIRED SANDUSKY was under investigation.

The media who stirs up this crap is truly are impervious to logic.

And those investigators are going to discover what about an alleged incident that took place 40 years ago? Witnesses to the alleged incident? Witnesses to the child allegedly telling Paterno?
"victims" ALWAYS tell the truth. No witnesses needed. Or some would have you believe.

Media "vulture" Sara Ganim was just on HLN stating she got a report by someone claiming CSA in 1971 who also claims reporting it to JVP.

Seriously? JVP = ChildLine???
As I posted earlier, I'm predicting a claim(s) from 1950, JVP's first year as Assistant Coach, when Sandusky was 6 and was obviously assaulting other kindergartners and first graders. JVP ignored those alerts so that he could eventually become Head Coach. About as believable as the rest of this tripe.

Ah yes, the old "8 year old child makes up story of molestation and keeps it a secret to get rich" scheme. Happens all the time.
Isn't this more like a 50 year old makes up a story of abuse when he was 8 to get rich?

Someone who believes this story, please explain how and why did a kid go straight Joe? JS certainly wasn't famous, Joe was barely famous. How did he get access and why go to the coach. Simply not believable.
Has anthony chimed in regarding the sealed documents? Has he seen the deposition or have any details?

Here's a Pitt guy that gets it. Kudos sir

Panther,
Thank you for a logical response even from a non supporter of JVP.

Reactions: Ski
Ah yes, the old "8 year old child makes up story of molestation and keeps it a secret to get rich" scheme. Happens all the time.
Try reading former FBI agent Ken Lanning's manual on the behaviors of victims and perpetrators. That manual is used to train CSA investigators and it very clearly states that investigators have to ASSESS the validity of victim's stories. One of the points Lanning makes is that in highly publicized cases, victims will come forward and make statements that are false, especially when there is money involved.

In this case, there are at least four claimants whose stories are not consistent Sandusky's established modus operandi. PSU paid all of them.

Erickson's notes indicated how the fraud would operate by using Hershey Med to provide medical services (counseling) to claimants -- to support personal injury claims.

PSU tried to use personal (bodily) injury claims to get around the CSA/SA exclusions in its policy.

Considering our Alumni Association President KEVIN STEELE is a DISTRICT ATTORNEY, albeit from MontCo, wouldn't SUSPECTED FRAUD be in his wheelhouse - and wouldn't a DISTRICT ATTORNEY who deals in FACTS - have SOMETHING to say about @PennLive putting out such an IRRESPONSIBLE story that smears and inflames based on the THINNEST EVIDENCE.

I know the PSAA is lurking on this thread <waves hi> So this rant is for you. Sue and her family and the Alumni Family are getting torched over the crap @PennLive spews.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT KEVIN. Step on @PennLive's neck over this. You too PAUL CLIFFORD.

Try reading former FBI agent Ken Lanning's manual on the behaviors of victims and perpetrators. That manual is used to train CSA investigators and it very clearly states that investigators have to ASSESS the validity of victim's stories. One of the points Lanning makes is that in highly publicized cases, victims will come forward and make statements that are false, especially when there is money involved.

In this case, there are at least four claimants whose stories are not consistent Sandusky's established modus operandi. PSU paid all of them.

Logic, logic...we don't need no stinkin' logic.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Considering our Alumni Association President KEVIN STEELE is a DISTRICT ATTORNEY, albeit from MontCo, wouldn't SUSPECTED FRAUD be in his wheelhouse - and wouldn't a DISTRICT ATTORNEY who deals in FACTS - have SOMETHING to say about @PennLive putting out such an IRRESPONSIBLE story that smears and inflames based on the THINNEST EVIDENCE.

I know the PSAA is lurking on this thread <waves hi> So this rant is for you. Sue and her family and the Alumni Family are getting torched over the crap @PennLive spews.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT KEVIN. Step on @PennLive's neck over this. You too PAUL CLIFFORD.
Pfft...there are tailgate menus to prepare. No time for such trivialities.

Reactions: Ski
Penn Live is a Pitt idiot den, and the Panturd Liar is a complete joke jumping into a pile of crap.

Great post. We ARE getting torched. This afternoon saw CNN scroll that lasted close to a minute. Although they were careful not to state it as fact--only if you knew the background as I did-- to the general viewer it would be read as fact.

Wendy, you should have put a "capiche?" at the end. ;)

PSU's decision to pay settlements to victims was solely for the purpose of PILING UP EVIDENCE in the court of public opinion that PSU officials were responsible for Sandusky's offenses. of course, Dunham, Lubert, Frazier, and the other "masterminds" thought it wasn't going to cost Dear Old State any money because they expected PMA to pay for it.

When PMA provided the reality check that PSU wasn't covered for incidents after 1992, PSU countersued stating they paid in premiums for 50 years and deserved coverage.

This was a MAJOR fiduciary failure and an ETHICAL failure of the highest order.

As for the insurance fraud, Steele doesn't have the stones to even look into it.

Stelle and Clifford won't do anything... they are seeking higher ground eventually and there are too big of political players involved in this for them to do anything.... It's like in the movie braveheart where the father tells his son to let william wallace go as the land will then be their's for the taking.... Steele knows if he keeps quiet he will be rewarded for his silence...

Reactions: 91Joe95

Kevin is part of it

It condemns ALL those on the PSU Legal & Compliance Committee that approved settlements July 2013: LUBERT (CHAIR), FRAZIER, ECKEL, MASSER, CASEY, DANDREA, GREIG, and TALIAFERRO.

DUNHAM was the PSU GC at the time -- and, IMHO, had to be either be corrupt. stupid, or both to accept the position at PSU.

My goodness Adam T. He got on the boat for a three hour tour and ended up stranded on a desert island. No wonder he supported Mr. Cocco. He is thrashing in the tar pit with all of the unclean with no hope to get out. If he is lucky the record will show he abstained on all of the votes. No political career for you if failure of fiduciary responsibilty ever comes to pass.

That's an interesting thought.
Also, this 1976 allegation does not follow-up to describe what Joe said in response (if you're willing to believe it at face value, which I am not). Joe's advice to young people often included them talking with their parents or significant family members about the things that were on their minds. That's what the Paterno family did, and that's what Joe and Sue believed in.
So, let's say a young person did somehow get to talk to Joe directly about this (an unlikely scenario in itself). I can easily imagine Joe telling the young person to go talk with his parents and perhaps even talk with the police. Joe at times directed others to the police when serious allegations were brought to his attention regarding his players.
So, on the small chance that the allegation is true, my first question is 'how did Joe respond to the person?' And we would then need to have the person, who may be seeking a PSU payday, to truthfully tell us what Joe said in response. In this highly unlikely scenario, it is highly likely Joe would have at least directed the person to his parents.

out of curiosity, does anyone remember when exactly joepa became God? y'know, i was around in 1976 and he was respected, no doubt, but Godlike? nah. 1986? moving closer. 1998? almost there. i'm, guessing he became God in 2001 (or is that 2002, MMQ?... mikey has the timeline down better than i do). see, i can almost buy that in 2001 some dolt believed joepa to be the second coming and would think that by talking to him about something it would be the same as talking with the Almighty and "the right thing" would follow.

but for, ummm, heaven's sake... 19 bloody 76? seriously? some retard decided that he'd confide in the Joe Deity and that would take care of everything? all is well?

the stupidity that runs rampant in the world is almost astonishing... aka, the number of mental rejects with IQ's not even approaching triple digits. aka... the idiots in charge of the rabble. most living at spitt.

Reactions: simons96
The policy has that Joe followed has been posted here and elsewhere. The policy wasn't wrong. Ask some employees who work at other Universities & colleges. They will tell you the policy is to report to their supervisor.

You're arguing with a known board liar.

Let me get this straight. One of the major "sources" Ganim used for her CNN article is Bernie McCue? All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE! What is she crazy?... To rely on him as a source of anything vaguely considered credible is a bad joke! To say that McCue is whacko would rank as one of the biggest understatements ever made! Someone needs to take her to task for being more than incredibly stupid. For anyone that has crossed paths with McCue knows, using him as a source of information shows how desperate Ganim must be to try to once again be considered relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT