ADVERTISEMENT

U20 and U23 WTT

Barr wins 5-1 over AJ Heeg. I thought Barr looked really good even though he didn’t score a ton. High pace, great snaps, and Heeg never came close to touching Barr’s legs. Barr wrestled a high pace and Heeg was completely spent

Sort of funny, Barr shoots that same swing single as Facundo and runs into some similar issues but he appears more adept at beating the whizzer there.
I’ve thought the same watching him.

Nick N used to do it too. But with more success.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Cael will tighten things up with Sealy. The kid has great pace and a lot of talent but can be quite sloppy at times. At little different style, but similar to how I felt about Nick Lee early in his career.

That and the kid needs a haircut. He looks like a sheep dog out there most of the time. Vision matters dude.

Cael will tighten things up with Sealy. The kid has great pace and a lot of talent but can be quite sloppy at times. At little different style, but similar to how I felt about Nick Lee early in his career.

That and the kid needs a haircut. He looks like a sheep dog out there most of the time. Vision matters dude.
Nick Lee is a decent comp with their pace and a bit of sloppiness early in their careers. The 4 on the edge where Sealey was about to score was the big point in the match. 6 point swing where he just got a little to aggressive on the edge

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Sort of funny, Barr shoots that same swing single as Facundo and runs into some similar issues but he appears more adept at beating the whizzer there.
Barr must be super strong though because he gets extended in that single and is still able to pull it in quite often. I know we all harp on his lack of setups but he still gets to legs very frequently and is a much higher percentage finisher than maybe I give him credit for. Things to clean up and get better at for sure but I’m pretty sure he’s coming to the right place to make that happen

Barr wins 5-1 over AJ Heeg. I thought Barr looked really good even though he didn’t score a ton. High pace, great snaps, and Heeg never came close to touching Barr’s legs. Barr wrestled a high pace and Heeg was completely spent
Heeg wrestled the entire year at 190. How the hell did he get down to 79 kg / 173.8 lb?

Oh, that's right. OKST commit.

Wow! Jax takes out defending U20 world champion Jore Volk 9-8! Kid is so savvy for a high schooler

Bassett is super tough as well. He loses 8-5 to Spratley but was down 8-1 at the break and won the second period. Not bad for a high school sophomore against a college kid

Spratley vs Jax should be great. Winner gets Lilledahl in a best of 3

Kannon Webster with a dominating 10-1 win over last years U20 rep Vince Cornella. Webster looks absolutely huge at 65kg

Jesse Mendez techs Cole Brooks 10-0 in the other semi setting up a rematch between Webster and Mendez. Webster beat him at the US open. Winner will see Tyler Kasak in the best of 3 final

Did we know Matt Lee appears to have left PSU? Competing at U23s for his HS club

That’s a bruuuutalll 4R call against Barr. He clearly changed the direction of the attack

Thankfully they got it right on review, 2-2.

Barr then with a single that he sucks in to make it 6-4 at the break.

Reactions: hlstone
Gotta think Singleton is the likely favorite here. Feel like he’d be the favorite over Arnold as well.
I think so. I picked Singleton to win this tournament and get to the best of 3 final. Barr did beat him last year though. Singleton having a year in the NC State room should have brought him to a new level however

I wouldn’t mind Davis getting the nod at 125 next year if he’s the best guy. It might work out best that way for utilizing everyone’s eligibility purposes. I believe Nasdeo will be greyshirting.

Reactions: donboy6499
Braeden Davis forfeited his second match after losing a heartbreaker in his first match

Spratley beats Jax 12-7 but Jax was winning with about 30 seconds left. Watch this match! Some of the scrambling especially from Jax was next level. Super fun match. Spratley was just too physical. Lilledahl is going to have his hands full against Spratley but I think he pulls it off. He so fundamentally sound and won’t give up points like Jax does sometimes

Rumors are Spratley was already beating McKee in the room (including the wrestleoffs) but they gave McKee 125 as long as he wants it, which is why he transferred.

Antrell Taylor beats Paniro 9-4 and will get a rematch against Meyer Shapiro. Shapiro beat him in the US open final

Reactions: danoftw
What a fun match between Barr and Singleton! Singleton hangs on to win 9-8. Barr showed no quit and came back from 8-1. I hate the caution and 1 given to Singleton. Barr kicked out of a shot towards the boundary but was circling in as he went out of bounds. Didn’t look like fleeing to me but that’s the way it’s been being called lately. Big point in the match

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT