ADVERTISEMENT

U17/U20 Nationals 4/24-28 in Las Vegas

But seriously, I see a consistent trend where PSU wrestlers and recruits show up for events like this, but Iowa athletes show up as an afterthought, if at all. I think it speaks to a different mentality and maybe different personal goals for the athletes.

It’s an Open- anyone can show up, they just don’t.
They are resting up for the Iowa way beat down in the room. It takes certain training to push your way to the round of 12.

I saw something different. Aiden freaking Sinclair 😂. Jumping Jesus he is fantastic. Parker K will need all his guile and cache next year to get past him.
Nearly positive Askren said on Flo that he will redshirt next year.

Not a bad tourney for PSU commits and recruits.

5 - 1st place
3 - 2nd place
1 = 3rd place

The future is indeed bright. Note that PSU had more than 8 placing wrestlers.
I only counted 4 1st placers..LL, PJ, ZR, and CM. Are you including BB? Do you know something juicy?

I only counted 4 1st placers..LL, PJ, ZR, and CM. Are you including BB? Do you know something juicy?
During the tourney we were following recruits and commits. Bo is a recruit so I counted him. I do think we get him but I have no inside info.

Reactions: hlstone
Ryder gassing hard but he digs deep and gets the Td for a tech. He just teched a NCAA national qualifier. Not bad I’d say
Keep in mind; he has a history of asthma...

But I am not the least bit worried!!

The more he is in the room battling; the more the body will learn to respond!

Make him do dailies with Mes next season and that will prepare him/empower him for anything he may face down the road :)

Keep in mind; he has a history of asthma...

But I am not the least bit worried!!

The more he is in the room battling; the more the body will learn to respond!

Make him do dailies with Mes next season and that will prepare him/empower him for anything he may face down the road :)
Good to hear from our New York Foreign Correspondent. Your boy PJ Duke living up to his billing

This tournament actually sets the U17 world team correct? I know they do a best of 3 in the finals so I think this is it to make the team. U20’s still have trials and a best of 3 to make the team

Miller and Dillard repping PA. That miller is long and skilled. I watched him at PIAA. He won a title on one leg.
Dillard is a machine on top in folk. Must be in freestyle too

Isnt Miller another relative of Bassett/Gibson clan?
and I think I saw a younger Bassett coming along.
I am confused. Read an article said Miller was adopted by Basset. I havent really heard of him until recently. What’s the back ground story here? Where does Gibsons come in
Little Bassett has been tough for a long time. He will be too small to factor into their lineup next year. People cast stones, but looking at their offseasons. Mcort had their whole team at the us open. They really do put it on the line. Last year at fargo it was Mcort, Faith and Bethlehem Catholic with the most wrestlers & it wasn’t even close. Cmon public schools let’s match these programs. I been saying that this is where D4 lacks and could do alot better.

Steller trained looked to have a good showing too.
Only D4 wrestlers we had out there was Milheims. Then people in our area question why they are so good.

The PSUers completely dominated: Luke is a FS God, Duke is on a different level, Ryder is so strong, Barr surprised me losing to Sinclair, Mirasola holy, and throwing in Bo too. “We are” getting him too. He is something special, just keeps jumping levels every event.
The nxt gen is really something special

Braeden Davis was a pleasant surprise at 125 this year. It was nice starting most meets with a W, instead of the usual L. His Natty run didn't go as planned, but for a true freshman I was pretty happy all in all.
He did an amazing awesome job and got us qualified and got a few points too. He wasn't even expected to start, let alone go r12. He will now move up, heal his knee/back, and challenge Nagao for the spot, making Aaron better, or even winning the spot himself, or redshirting, while Lilledahl will challenge for the national championship.

All of the above are facts. Unless of course Robbie Howard or Gary Steen become the man. Because, you know, it's Penn State, and hey, Tyler Kasak, and, James English, and etc ... 😂

How good is the US Open U20
When is the last time some of these names DNP’d

57 kg
Jax Forest
Nate Desmond
Max Gallagher
Ayden Smith
Mack Mauger
Dan Guanajuato
Gage Walker
Ronnie Ramirez

61kg
Braeden Davis
Gabe Porter
Tahir Parkins
JJ McComas
Sam Herring
Tyler Ferrara

65kg
Kollin Rath
Daniel Zepeda
Sergio Vega
Tyler Wells
Jace Roller
Cole Brooks
Joey Davi
Tyson Charmoli
Jayden Scott

70kg
EJ Parco
B.Van Hoecke
Dylan Gilcher
Ishmael Guerrero
Paul Kelly
Mat Martino
Brandon Cannon
Cooper Hilton

Reactions: Ski and zzs006
Braeden Davis was a pleasant surprise at 125 this year. It was nice starting most meets with a W, instead of the usual L. His Natty run didn't go as planned, but for a true freshman I was pretty happy all in all.
I agree. It is not a minimal accomplishment. More of a zing than anything.
I also am noting the difference between THE goal (other than have fun) and A goal.
But, I'm not going to pass up a chance for a easy zing.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT