ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Bream

amazing that after all that has happened at our university people still think this stuff isnt a big deal until it blows up in our faces
Amazing that people like you (and what is propped up as "leadership" at PSU) continue to enjoy your roles as accelerant.

I have genuine sympathy for the Piazza family. Parents should not have to bury their children. However at some point shouldn't a college sophomore be responsible for his own actions? He participated willingly. Nobody held him down and poured liquor down his throat, did they? This is starting to feel more like SPM's political/PR statement and yet another money grab attempt against PSU.
We don't know if they held him down or not. It doesn't matter because this is part of the PA law.

For purposes of this definition, any activity as described in this definition upon which the initiation or admission into or affiliation with or continued membership in an organization is directly or indirectly conditioned shall be presumed to be "forced" activity, the willingness of an individual to participate in such activity notwithstanding.

Oh, you mean the evidence that he didn't submit ti the DA? Or the evidence that he did submit, but that the DA felt was insufficient to file charges against Bream?
So you are calling the officer a liar?

No charges doesn't mean that there isn't evidence.

Again, Tim Bream does not work for, or report to, James Franklin. Bream holds an "Assistant Athletic Director" title and reports to Sandy Barbour as his official PSU Bio and THIS ARTICLE clearly demonstrate. BTW, he was originally hired by the Athletic Director (Joyner at the time) in 2012 into his "Assistant AD" position, so he was hired, reports to and has always worked for the AD at PSU since Joyner hired him, so why people are saying Coach Franklin is responsible for his hiring, firing or association in any way with PSU's Athletic Department is rather bizarre. He doesn't report to Coach Franklin, nor is he part of Coach Franklin's Staff.

Why are they saying it? Probably because they're dumb.

It may very well be a big deal, but it won't be because of Bream. It will be because of the University's inability to a) recognize the liability it incurs by sponsoring a fraternity system; and/or b) bring the frats to heel.

And it most certainly has nothing to do with CJF or the PSU Football Program whatsoever as Tim Bream was not hired by Coach Franklin, nor does he report to CJF. Bream was hired by Joyner in 2012 after Joyner was made "Athletic Director" at PSU (with zero experience) by the OG BOT, which Joyner was a member of prior to being named AD. Bream is an "Assistant Athletic Director" by title and now reports to Joyner's successor, Sandy Barbour.

Didn't call him anything, asshole. Unlike you, I don't jump to conclusions.
Sure you are. Why get so defensive about it? You are dug in enough to where you won't even admit that the cop is likely correct.

Amazing the national media ignored, or glossed over, his role in getting Joey Julius the help he needed. He very well could have saved the young man's life.
He very well could have but let be honest any trainer would have done the same thing. How many trainers do you think tell a player who says they are suicidal and with Joey past to just go home?

Why are they saying it? Probably because they're dumb.

Not really clear from that article that Bream reports directly to Barbour. Maybe Scott Lynch. And from the description of his responsibilities (for athletic training for all teams), it's unlikely that he reports to Franklin, or to Franklin alone.

Sure you are. Why get so defensive about it? You are dug in enough to where you won't even admit that the cop is likely correct.

The cop is correct as to what? And I didn't call him a liar, but I did, and still do, call you an asshole.

Reactions: AvgUser
Which means exactly what, dipstick? Cops are never wrong (we'll concede that he may, and "may" is not equal to "likely" be telling the truth here).
George Carlin — 'Swearing on the Bible, you understand that sh*t? Bible or no Bible, God or no God, if it suits their purposes, people are going to lie in court. The police do it all the time.”.

That's because you are a bitter old man. It is what it is.

Really? You drew that conclusion from the same place that you draw others. With the frequency that you do that, make sure your nails are trimmed, and not by chewing them.

Really? You drew that conclusion from the same place that you draw others. With the frequency that you do that, make sure your nails are trimmed, and not by chewing them.
I'm sure others here would tell you the same. All you do is cry and complain. Then when someone calls you out for it, you resort to calling them names. It's sad.

I'm sure others here would tell you the same. All you do is cry and complain. Then when someone calls you out for it, you resort to calling them names. It's sad.

Trouble standing up for yourself?

Not really clear from that article that Bream reports directly to Barbour. Maybe Scott Lynch. And from the description of his responsibilities (for athletic training for all teams), it's unlikely that he reports to Franklin, or to Franklin alone.

Actually, I believe Bream originally did report to Barbour after she assumed control as the AD (Bream was hired by Joyner in Feb 2012, who he knew from working together on the US Olympic Training Staff - HERE IS THE PSU AD PRESS RELEASE FROM THE HIRING). However, Barbour announced a major "reorganization" of the Athletic Department in March 2015 (she assumed her role as new PSU AD in July 2014) - HERE IS THE PSU AD's FORMAL PRESS RELEASE REGARDING THE MARCH 2015 REORGANIZATION.

If I'm reading that correctly, Barbour only has 4 direct reports:
  • Deputy AD & COO Phil Esten,
  • Senior Associate AD for Administration Lynn Holleran,
  • Senior Associate AD for Student-Athlete Performance, Health and Welfare Charmelle Green, and
  • Senior Associate AD for Finance and Business Operations Rick Kaluza
I believe Bream reports to Chamelle Green within Barbour's reorganized structure, but again, I believe he originally reported directly to her via the structure she inherited from the guy you used to call "Uncle Fester" (and OG inhabitor of Ira's basement).

Last edited:
When you pee, dumbshit.
How do you put up with it Art?

0194ebc26beaed6a78c051b607921bdc--lost-in-space-space-tv.jpg

Actually, I believe Bream originally did report to Barbour after she assumed control as the AD (Bream was hired by Joyner in Feb 2012, who he knew from working together on the US Olympic Training Staff - HERE IS THE PSU AD PRESS RELEASE FROM THE HIRING). However, Barbour announced a major "reorganization" of the Athletic Department in March 2015 (she assumed her role as new PSU AD in July 2014) - HERE IS THE PSU AD's FORMAL PRESS RELEASE REGARDING THE MARCH 2015 REORGANIZATION.

• Senior Associate AD for Student-Athlete Performance, Health and Welfare Charmelle Green, and
I believe Bream reports to Chamelle Green within Barbour's reorganized structure.

There is your fall person... Sandy and all politicians are always going to have fall person they can blame and not take the direct hit

I believe Bream reports to Chamelle Green within Barbour's reorganized structure.

Okay, it does look like Bream reports up to Charmelle Green (lucky him), but it's not clear if he has any intermediate reporting lines, solid or dotted. I do think the evidence supports the conclusion that Franklin would not be able to unilaterally or independently fire him.

I believe Bream reports to Chamelle Green within Barbour's reorganized structure, but again, I believe he originally reported directly to her via the structure she inherited from the guy you used to call "Uncle Fester" (and OG inhabitor of Ira's basement).

Ira and Joyner were also the big "sponsors" of Sandusky and his personal charity, The Second Mile, in regards to improperly giving away PSU's Assets and Resources (i.e., promoters of using PSU Resources and Assets to benefit JS and his fraudulent private charity especially after his retirement until early 2009....including the gifting of some 45 Acres of PSU Land in April 2002 so JS could build his dream Campus HQ for TSM less than a year after PSU Executive Athletic Staff had rescinded TSM's privileges and kicked them off campus due to MM's HR Report in 2001 - there is simply no way the PSU BOT can claim they didn't know JS's TSM activities were kicked off campus in 2001 and why it was done!). Sandusky's relationship with Lubert, Joyner and Surma dated all the way back to the early 1970s (in fact, I'm pretty sure Surma's brother, who played football at PSU, lived with Sandusky for part of his time at PSU).

Last edited:
sounds like that courtroom is a real $hitshow

It's pretty routine until Stacy starts screaming at everyone, including the gallery. It's fascinating that people's lives are being affected/changed and it's just a straight joke in there. It's actually more entertaining than the shows on tv, except more drawn out. If you took 30 minutes of highlights, it's way funnier than judge judy or what have you.

So what do you want Sandy/Chamelle to do put him on paid leave? Ok call them up and express your feelings. Terminate him with out all the facts out is a risky proposition at this point.

Isn't the last part the Penn State Way? jerseylion is fully on board with that.

Reactions: bwifan
his role in the beta death is starting to pick up traction from desdspin, and other media outlets. This team doesn't need any distractions right now. Franklin should let him go for being close to this kind of thing at all

tumblr_inline_n7d6t16Q8C1sipcw9.gif

So what do you want Sandy/Chamelle to do put him on paid leave? Ok call them up and express your feelings. Terminate him with out all the facts out is a risky proposition at this point.
The fact that they now have a contempt hearing says that it is time to cut him loose.

Reactions: getmyjive11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT