ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Bream

jerseylion109

Sep 24, 2012
his role in the beta death is starting to pick up traction from desdspin, and other media outlets. This team doesn't need any distractions right now. Franklin should let him go for being close to this kind of thing at all

Reactions: PSU_Nut
his role in the beta death is starting to pick up traction from desdspin, and other media outlets. This team doesn't need any distractions right now. Franklin should let him go for being close to this kind of thing at all

So JF should just toss him aside even though Tim had no part in this incident? Sounds like a comment worthy of the old guard BoT.

I want to see EXACTLY what his involvement was and I don't mean from the defense attorney's or from SPM because I don't trust either of those slugs.
And frankly I dont give an F what deadspin and the other media outlets think, we went down that road once before and supplicated ourselves to them and they still took their pound of flesh.
What I do want to know is why anyone one, at the University, thought him living at a Frat house was a good idea?

No way Bream would still be with the team if he committed any misconduct...unless he lied to CJF.

Reactions: step.eng69
Fools rush in where angels fear to thread. Let us wait and see on Bream.

I was at hearing yesterday. It was just a few questions about bream and spm objected (as she did all day) and said that if anyone has any evidence
Of Tim doing anything, come down to the station and talk. The defense (all of them) have the same strategy of deflecting blame on literally everyone else involved. That being said, the buzzfeed intern that was on her computer lit up when she heard that questioning.

Tim Bream is an "Assistant Athletic Director" and works for Sandy Barbour, not James Franklin. Your insinuation that Coach Franklin or the PSU Football Program had anything to do with Mr. Bream's hiring at PSU is ridiculous. Bream was hired and installed in his position by former AD, Dave Joyner, in 2012. Beyond that, this is not the first time "controversy" has been visited upon Mr. Bream since his hiring by Joyner - see the following excerpts from the articles linked below:

The SI story also details incidents alleging possible inappropriate and overreaching medical decisions made by head trainer Tim Bream, a Penn State graduate and Gettysburg native.

.....hired by Joyner last year. The two worked together at the 1992 Olympics.

Also in the story, three Penn State "health care" sources told Sports Illustrated that head football trainer Tim Bream operated an X-ray machine, administered an inhaler to a player who does not have asthma and lanced a boil on a player's neck, even though he doesn't have special certification or a medical license.

In addition, former walk-on player Garrett Lerner told the magazine that Bream treated him with an electronic-stimulation machine in February even though the contact pads were worn down. Lerner said he ended up with two severe burns on his right leg, which trainers simply covered.

After his leg became painful and infected, Lerner eventually was treated at Lehigh Valley Medical Center near his hometown of New Tripoli. He left the team in March because of an unrelated injury.

Sources also told SI that Bream, a Penn State graduate who spent 15 years with the Chicago Bears, told team physicians to stop talking to parents of players.

Here is a copy of his official bio from PSU.edu - note his title listed under "Position" - Assistant AD.

arrow.gif
Position:
Assistant AD, Athletic Training Services
arrow.gif
First Year at PSU:

Tim Bream, MS, ATC
Title:
Director of Athletic Training Services/ Head Football Athletic Trainer
Sport Responsibilities: Football/ Oversees athletic training services for all Penn State sports
Year Hired at Penn State: 2012
Hometown: Gettysburg, Pa.
Office Phone: (814) 863-0773
Email: htb2@psu.edu

Education:
BS in Athletic Training - Penn State University
MS in Physical Education (Sports Science emphasis) - West Virginia University

Previous Athletic Training Experience:
Chicago Bears- Head Athletic Trainer (1997-2012)
Chicago Bears- Assistant Athletic Trainer (1993-1997)
University of Richmond- Director of Sports Medicine & Head Athletic Trainer (1988-92)
Vanderbilt University- Associate Head Athletic Trainer (1986-88)
Syracuse University- Assistant Athletic Trainer (1984-1986)
West Virginia University- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (1983-1984)
____________________________________________________​

Your attempt to associate Bream's existence at PSU with Coach Franklin or the PSU Football Program in general is a joke! Bream is a product of the machinations of the corrupt OG BOT - specifically former OG BOT-Member turned AD, Dave Joyner, and his good college-days pal Ira Lubert (who is the current Chairman of the Executive Committee of the PSU BOT). How odd that you are attempting to throw PSU Football under the bus yet again for another scandal at PSU that directly accrues to "Good 'Ole Boy" corruptions and decision-making of the OG BOT cabal.

Last edited:
Things getting very tense and ugly in the courtroom in this case, tempers flaring...
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...tate-frat-hazing-death-hearings-20170810.html

you've got a perfect storm of $hit going on right now.

1. anything with Penn State is going to get national press (thanks BOT). This is why, sometimes, no matter the cost, you've got to stick up for yourself and punch bullies in the nose.
  2. You've got a crazy prosecutor who loves the limelight
  3. You've got a very active and sympathetic family
  4. You've got PSU football tangentially involved
  5. You've got a grown man living in a frat house
  6. You've got a grown man who was in the house at the time and, somehow, heard and saw nothing.
  7. all of the above add up to common sense being thrown to the wind.
A kid died so there is a price to be paid. On the other hand, the legal system will throw out common sense and be happy to ruin 20 people's lives. The prosecutor will use those lives to get publicity and further their legal careers.

Welcome to PSU, Happy Valley and the justice system in 2017.

1. anything with Penn State is going to get national press (thanks BOT). This is why, sometimes, no matter the cost, you've got to stick up for yourself and punch bullies in the nose.
  6. You've got a grown man who was in the house at the time and, somehow, heard and saw nothing.
A kid died so there is a price to be paid. On the other hand, the legal system will throw out common sense and be happy to ruin 20 people's lives. The prosecutor will use those lives to get publicity and further their legal careers.

Very well stated Obli.

It's a terrible situation all around.

To me, they're all responsible or Piazza's death....including Piazza himself. No one forced him to join a frat, no one forced him to join Beta, and no one forced him to drink to excess. If nothing happened he'd be perpetuating these acts of hazing.

Very well stated. I do look forward to the day that JS/PSU BOT are NOT the gift that keeps on giving to the media and others... I am afraid that is a long time off...

Very well stated Obli.

It's a terrible situation all around.

To me, they're all responsible or Piazza's death....including Piazza himself. No one forced him to join a frat, no one forced him to join Beta, and no one forced him to drink to excess. If nothing happened he'd be perpetuating these acts of hazing.

Defense presented that piazza was cited for alcohol offenses the previous weekend. It got stricken from the record. spm flipped out and a 15 minute recess was called.

Yes. If we've learned anything over the past 5+ years it is that, in the face of adversity, the absolute best course of action is to PANIC & make rash decisions.

Stop being a baby and overreacting. Since when has a team trainer ever been a major distraction to a football team??

I'm not overreacting. News from the courtroom is that bream directed them to delete messages and the detective agreed. A 50 year old man living in a frat house is insane in the first place and he knew what was going on

Amazing the national media ignored, or glossed over, his role in getting Joey Julius the help he needed. He very well could have saved the young man's life.
Bill O'Brien also had great things to say about Bream in an interview lately.

Amazing the national media ignored, or glossed over, his role in getting Joey Julius the help he needed. He very well could have saved the young man's life.
This should surprise absolutely no one, considering how they ignored 60 YEARS of another Penn Stater's life well lived in service to a community for the sake of a good headline. The media doesn't give a shit about the whole story if it doesn't sell.

Reactions: Bob78

Your 5,6&7 were the very first thing I thought of when there was like two posts early this morning. It was also the first time I'd heard about this. Reminded me of the Joe didn't know about 98 lack of common sense. Although after my first war and tour one of our apartmentmates would become a State College detective and definitely knew beyond common sense. The he needs to know did not want to flow from CYS. Just sayin and use common sense!

Defense presented that piazza was cited for alcohol offenses the previous weekend. It got stricken from the record. spm flipped out and a 15 minute recess was called.

Interesting. I haven't read up on this week's proceedings as much.

I have sympathy for Piazza, and his family. It should have never happened. He, and a bunch of other people, made wildly stupid decisions that night. Piazza didn't deserve to die as a result; to say he wasn't culpable for his "impaired state" that evening is categorically false.

Reactions: nits74 and Obliviax
Your 5,6&7 were the very first thing I thought of when there was like two posts early this morning. It was also the first time I'd heard about this. Reminded me of the Joe didn't know about 98 lack of common sense. Although after my first war and tour one of our apartmentmates would become a State College detective and definitely knew beyond common sense. The he needs to know did not want to flow from CYS. Just sayin and use common sense!
yeah...I think there are some other issues as well. IIRC, there were two people that were "inspectors" or something that visited the house just before or during the party and did nothing. Specific to Bream, also IIRC, he was living their as part of a program to to provide oversight and guidance. He may have not seen or heard, but had some responsibility to guide. And obviously, that didn't work out too well. So I kind of get why he would be defending right now.

Reactions: jerseylion109
Interesting. I haven't read up on this week's proceedings as much.

I have sympathy for Piazza, and his family. It should have never happened. He, and a bunch of other people, made wildly stupid decisions that night. Piazza didn't deserve to die as a result; to say he wasn't culpable for his "impaired state" that evening is categorically false.
yea...agree. The problem I have is that the death of the one kid will end up with dozens of kids lives being ruined. I marvel at our justice system that takes people with very minor transgressions and over-charge them to the point where they have felony convictions. What happens to felons? They are unemployable for any job that pays much over minimum wage so they either a) live life sucking the life out of govt programs or b) feel forced to enter a life of crime to pay their bills. Either way, sucks for society.

I was in a fraternity at penn state and i have been to beta many times. There is absolutely no way that Bream was unaware of underage drinking and parties going on in a "dry" house and that there was no hazing going on. It defies all logic. That alone should be enough to let Bream go.

I'm not overreacting. News from the courtroom is that bream directed them to delete messages and the detective agreed. A 50 year old man living in a frat house is insane in the first place and he knew what was going on
Don't let the crazies get you down. It's likely that the detective has evidence of TB directing the frat brothers to delete texts for him to make such a statement under oath. I can see this turning into another "THE WORLD HATES US" thread from the tin foil hat crowd.

Reactions: jerseylion109
I was in a fraternity at penn state and i have been to beta many times. There is absolutely no way that Bream was unaware of underage drinking and parties going on in a "dry" house and that there was no hazing going on. It defies all logic. That alone should be enough to let Bream go.

You're doing it again. You have zero knowledge of what has or is going on with regard to Tim Bream and Penn State, and you need to shut up.

Don't let the crazies get you down. It's likely that the detective has evidence of TB directing the frat brothers to delete texts for him to make such a statement under oath. I can see this turning into another "THE WORLD HATES US" thread from the tin foil hat crowd.

That's all well an good. So where is there evidence that Bream lied to Franklin or that they've even talked about it? Oh, the detective has that, too.

Reactions: Zenophile

So what do you want JF to tell Bream why he is being terminated? Before all the facts come out in the case and it is even tried in a court of law. If you're wrong you are setting PSU up for a huge wrongful termination suit I do believe....maybe Obli can confirm this but to me if we learned 1 thing in the JS fiasco is a rush to judgement before hearing all the facts

It's likely that you should never venture away from academics.

yea...agree. The problem I have is that the death of the one kid will end up with dozens of kids lives being ruined. I marvel at our justice system that takes people with very minor transgressions and over-charge them to the point where they have felony convictions. What happens to felons? They are unemployable for any job that pays much over minimum wage so they either a) live life sucking the life out of govt programs or b) feel forced to enter a life of crime to pay their bills. Either way, sucks for society.

Can't disagree with you there either.

I'm not sure what you do with a situation like this, from a criminal or civil perspective, either. It all boils down to "ya can't fix stupid".

I have genuine sympathy for the Piazza family. Parents should not have to bury their children. However at some point shouldn't a college sophomore be responsible for his own actions? He participated willingly. Nobody held him down and poured liquor down his throat, did they? This is starting to feel more like SPM's political/PR statement and yet another money grab attempt against PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT