Tim Bream

Discussion in 'BWI / McAndrew Board' started by jerseylion109, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jerseylion109

jerseylion109 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

his role in the beta death is starting to pick up traction from desdspin, and other media outlets. This team doesn't need any distractions right now. Franklin should let him go for being close to this kind of thing at all

PSU_Nut likes this.
  2. OldTiredLion

OldTiredLion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So JF should just toss him aside even though Tim had no part in this incident? Sounds like a comment worthy of the old guard BoT.

3. BBrown

BBrown Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I want to see EXACTLY what his involvement was and I don't mean from the defense attorney's or from SPM because I don't trust either of those slugs.
    And frankly I dont give an F what deadspin and the other media outlets think, we went down that road once before and supplicated ourselves to them and they still took their pound of flesh.
    What I do want to know is why anyone one, at the University, thought him living at a Frat house was a good idea?

Cvilleguy12, cop113, Hotshoe and 6 others like this.
  4. kentuckycb

kentuckycb Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No way Bream would still be with the team if he committed any misconduct...unless he lied to CJF.

step.eng69 likes this.
  5. jerseylion109

Expand Collapse

Gonna say that he did lie...this could get ugly

getmyjive11 likes this.
  6. psu1969a

psu1969a Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Fools rush in where angels fear to thread. Let us wait and see on Bream.

7. SUPERTODD

SUPERTODD Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Amazing the national media ignored, or glossed over, his role in getting Joey Julius the help he needed. He very well could have saved the young man's life.

8. ThePennsyOracle

ThePennsyOracle Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

jerseylion109 thinking the world is ending?

Whodathunkit?

mgkpsu likes this.
  9. Art

Art Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So you know that he lied to Franklin, but Franklin doesn't know? Pretty neat trick.

Cvilleguy12 likes this.
  10. stormingnorm

stormingnorm Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure if this is widely known, but earlier this spring - as the details were coming to light - the family of the deceased boy submitted a list of requests to Penn State. These were essentially a list of items that they felt needed to be addressed to help prevent future incidents, and to enact some level of accountability to the appropriate parties.
    I believe there were about 15 to 20 items addressed, and Penn State Administration quickly enacted all of the recommendations and requests, except for two of them. Most of the requests and suggestions made by the family were incorporated in the new "Greek Life" regulations rolled out in June of this year.
    The only two requests which Penn State did not enact were the terminations or suspensions of Tim Bream, the athletic trainer and live-in Beta advisor, and Damon Sims, the Penn State Vice President of Student Affairs.
    More may, or may not, come to light as the court proceedings move forward, but both of those individuals - and maybe others as well - were integrally involved in allowing the tragedy to occur. Or, at the least, in missing opportunities to prevent it from occurring. These legal proceedings may continue to play out for quite some time, but it is likely that Penn State's decision to not separate themselves from those two employees will cost the University millions of additional dollars in civil settlements with the deceased's family.
    Whether or not it would have been the just thing to do, any side-effects that might generate negative media coverage for the Athletics Department or the Football Program would be magnified the longer the situation is dragged out. For what it is worth, the large majority of people whom I speak with - who know Tim Bream - have positive things to say about him.

jerseylion109 likes this.
  11. Sproul

Sproul Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I was at hearing yesterday. It was just a few questions about bream and spm objected (as she did all day) and said that if anyone has any evidence
    Of Tim doing anything, come down to the station and talk. The defense (all of them) have the same strategy of deflecting blame on literally everyone else involved. That being said, the buzzfeed intern that was on her computer lit up when she heard that questioning.

dwiz, Bob78 and BBrown like this.
  12. bwifan

bwifan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

13. PSU_l

PSU_l Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Tim Bream is an "Assistant Athletic Director" and works for Sandy Barbour, not James Franklin. Your insinuation that Coach Franklin or the PSU Football Program had anything to do with Mr. Bream's hiring at PSU is ridiculous. Bream was hired and installed in his position by former AD, Dave Joyner, in 2012. Beyond that, this is not the first time "controversy" has been visited upon Mr. Bream since his hiring by Joyner - see the following excerpts from the articles linked below:

Here is a copy of his official bio from PSU.edu - note his title listed under "Position" - Assistant AD.

[​IMG] Position:
    Assistant AD, Athletic Training Services
    [​IMG] First Year at PSU:

Tim Bream, MS, ATC
    Title:
    Director of Athletic Training Services/ Head Football Athletic Trainer
    Sport Responsibilities: Football/ Oversees athletic training services for all Penn State sports
    Year Hired at Penn State: 2012
    Hometown: Gettysburg, Pa.
    Office Phone: (814) 863-0773
    Email: htb2@psu.edu

Education:
    BS in Athletic Training - Penn State University
    MS in Physical Education (Sports Science emphasis) - West Virginia University

Previous Athletic Training Experience:
    Chicago Bears- Head Athletic Trainer (1997-2012)
    Chicago Bears- Assistant Athletic Trainer (1993-1997)
    University of Richmond- Director of Sports Medicine & Head Athletic Trainer (1988-92)
    Vanderbilt University- Associate Head Athletic Trainer (1986-88)
    Syracuse University- Assistant Athletic Trainer (1984-1986)
    West Virginia University- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (1983-1984)
    ____________________________________________________​

Your attempt to associate Bream's existence at PSU with Coach Franklin or the PSU Football Program in general is a joke! Bream is a product of the machinations of the corrupt OG BOT - specifically former OG BOT-Member turned AD, Dave Joyner, and his good college-days pal Ira Lubert (who is the current Chairman of the Executive Committee of the PSU BOT). How odd that you are attempting to throw PSU Football under the bus yet again for another scandal at PSU that directly accrues to "Good 'Ole Boy" corruptions and decision-making of the OG BOT cabal.

13 PSU_l, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  14. Obliviax

Obliviax Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

you've got a perfect storm of $hit going on right now.

1. anything with Penn State is going to get national press (thanks BOT). This is why, sometimes, no matter the cost, you've got to stick up for yourself and punch bullies in the nose.
    2. You've got a crazy prosecutor who loves the limelight
    3. You've got a very active and sympathetic family
    4. You've got PSU football tangentially involved
    5. You've got a grown man living in a frat house
    6. You've got a grown man who was in the house at the time and, somehow, heard and saw nothing.
    7. all of the above add up to common sense being thrown to the wind.
    A kid died so there is a price to be paid. On the other hand, the legal system will throw out common sense and be happy to ruin 20 people's lives. The prosecutor will use those lives to get publicity and further their legal careers.

Welcome to PSU, Happy Valley and the justice system in 2017.

15. ThePennsyOracle

Expand Collapse

Very well stated Obli.

It's a terrible situation all around.

To me, they're all responsible or Piazza's death....including Piazza himself. No one forced him to join a frat, no one forced him to join Beta, and no one forced him to drink to excess. If nothing happened he'd be perpetuating these acts of hazing.

Manxome_Lion, PSU65 and step.eng69 like this.
  16. BBrown

BBrown Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

step.eng69 and ThePennsyOracle like this.
  17. BobPSU92

BobPSU92 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a distraction is exactly what this team needs now.

step.eng69 likes this.
  18. bwifan

bwifan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Very well stated. I do look forward to the day that JS/PSU BOT are NOT the gift that keeps on giving to the media and others... I am afraid that is a long time off...

FHSPSU67, step.eng69 and BBrown like this.
  19. Sproul

Sproul Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Defense presented that piazza was cited for alcohol offenses the previous weekend. It got stricken from the record. spm flipped out and a 15 minute recess was called.

20. BBrown

BBrown Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. JMO but that seems pretty relevant.

PSU65 likes this.
  21. Zenophile

Zenophile Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes. If we've learned anything over the past 5+ years it is that, in the face of adversity, the absolute best course of action is to PANIC & make rash decisions.

22. Lion8286

Lion8286 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Stop being a baby and overreacting. Since when has a team trainer ever been a major distraction to a football team??

23. jerseylion109

Expand Collapse

I'm not overreacting. News from the courtroom is that bream directed them to delete messages and the detective agreed. A 50 year old man living in a frat house is insane in the first place and he knew what was going on

Cosmos and getmyjive11 like this.
  24. Lion8286

Expand Collapse

Yes, you are overreacting.

25. PearlSUJam

PearlSUJam Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Bill O'Brien also had great things to say about Bream in an interview lately.

26. Player2BNamedL8r

Player2BNamedL8r Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This should surprise absolutely no one, considering how they ignored 60 YEARS of another Penn Stater's life well lived in service to a community for the sake of a good headline. The media doesn't give a shit about the whole story if it doesn't sell.

Bob78 likes this.
  27. emrtmakesshiteup

emrtmakesshiteup Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Your 5,6&7 were the very first thing I thought of when there was like two posts early this morning. It was also the first time I'd heard about this. Reminded me of the Joe didn't know about 98 lack of common sense. Although after my first war and tour one of our apartmentmates would become a State College detective and definitely knew beyond common sense. The he needs to know did not want to flow from CYS. Just sayin and use common sense!

28. ThePennsyOracle

Expand Collapse

Interesting. I haven't read up on this week's proceedings as much.

I have sympathy for Piazza, and his family. It should have never happened. He, and a bunch of other people, made wildly stupid decisions that night. Piazza didn't deserve to die as a result; to say he wasn't culpable for his "impaired state" that evening is categorically false.

nits74 and Obliviax like this.
  29. Obliviax

Expand Collapse

yeah...I think there are some other issues as well. IIRC, there were two people that were "inspectors" or something that visited the house just before or during the party and did nothing. Specific to Bream, also IIRC, he was living their as part of a program to to provide oversight and guidance. He may have not seen or heard, but had some responsibility to guide. And obviously, that didn't work out too well. So I kind of get why he would be defending right now.

30. BobPSU92

BobPSU92 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Has Bream told his side of the story? I realize that is completely irrelevant, but I'm just curious.

Player2BNamedL8r and Bob78 like this.
  31. MtNittany

MtNittany Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you have a keyboard shortcut constructed for this particular phrase?

ChiTownLion likes this.
  32. Obliviax

Expand Collapse

yea...agree. The problem I have is that the death of the one kid will end up with dozens of kids lives being ruined. I marvel at our justice system that takes people with very minor transgressions and over-charge them to the point where they have felony convictions. What happens to felons? They are unemployable for any job that pays much over minimum wage so they either a) live life sucking the life out of govt programs or b) feel forced to enter a life of crime to pay their bills. Either way, sucks for society.

nits74, Cosmos and Zenophile like this.
  33. jerseylion109

Expand Collapse

I was in a fraternity at penn state and i have been to beta many times. There is absolutely no way that Bream was unaware of underage drinking and parties going on in a "dry" house and that there was no hazing going on. It defies all logic. That alone should be enough to let Bream go.

34. getmyjive11

getmyjive11 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Don't let the crazies get you down. It's likely that the detective has evidence of TB directing the frat brothers to delete texts for him to make such a statement under oath. I can see this turning into another "THE WORLD HATES US" thread from the tin foil hat crowd.

35. Lion8286

Expand Collapse

You're doing it again. You have zero knowledge of what has or is going on with regard to Tim Bream and Penn State, and you need to shut up.

bytir and ThePennsyOracle like this.
  36. Art

Art Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That's all well an good. So where is there evidence that Bream lied to Franklin or that they've even talked about it? Oh, the detective has that, too.

Zenophile likes this.
  37. bwifan

bwifan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So what do you want JF to tell Bream why he is being terminated? Before all the facts come out in the case and it is even tried in a court of law. If you're wrong you are setting PSU up for a huge wrongful termination suit I do believe....maybe Obli can confirm this but to me if we learned 1 thing in the JS fiasco is a rush to judgement before hearing all the facts

38. Zenophile

Expand Collapse

It's likely that you should never venture away from academics.

39. Zenophile

Expand Collapse

It's likely, Art.

40. ThePennsyOracle

Expand Collapse

Can't disagree with you there either.

I'm not sure what you do with a situation like this, from a criminal or civil perspective, either. It all boils down to "ya can't fix stupid".