ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Bream

That's all well an good. So where is there evidence that Bream lied to Franklin or that they've even talked about it? Oh, the detective has that, too.
I didn't respond to 109's comment about TB lying to Franklin, I responded to his comment about TBs situation with the frat, his likely knowledge of the situation and his thought that TB should probably be let go.

I didn't respond to 109's comment about TB lying to Franklin, I responded to his comment about TBs situation with the frat, his likely knowledge of the situation and his thought that TB should probably be let go.

When is Penn State going to let you go for spending your whole work day surfing message boards??

I have genuine sympathy for the Piazza family. Parents should not have to bury their children. However at some point shouldn't a college sophomore be responsible for his own actions? He participated willingly. Nobody held him down and poured liquor down his throat, did they? This is starting to feel more like SPM's political/PR statement and yet another money grab attempt against PSU.

That Piazza may have been a willing participant and, thus, has responsibility for his own actions doesn't absolve anyone else whose actions were criminal by law, Much simpler analogy: underage person purchase liquor. That underage person bought the booze willingly, but it doesn't let the person who sold him the alcohol off the hook.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
That's all well an good. So where is there evidence that Bream lied to Franklin or that they've even talked about it? Oh, the detective has that, too.

I'd normally agree with you. I don't often agree with getmyjive so am on thin ice here. And we don't know what Bream was asked or told CJF, the police or anyone else

Having said that, given the optics at PSU right now, it doesn't look good. I suspect that CJF is lying low and hoping nobody asks about it. If they do, and it gets worse, I suspect he'd be suspended pending the outcome of an investigation.

Reactions: BBrown
I'd normally agree with you. I don't often agree with getmyjive so am on thin ice here. And we don't know what Bream was asked or told CJF, the police or anyone else

Having said that, given the optics at PSU right now, it doesn't look good. I suspect that CJF is lying low and hoping nobody asks about it. If they do, and it gets worse, I suspect he'd be suspended pending the outcome of an investigation.

Only problem with this is that Bream doesn't work for Franklin. And if there is even a hint that Franklin or any of the higher ups at PSU were covering for Bream, don't you think that Parks-Miller would be chomping at the bit to go after him/them?

So why isn't Bream being charged with obstruction of justice or tampering with/destroying evidence?

So why isn't Bream being charged with obstruction of justice or tampering with/destroying evidence?
I don't think that book has been closed yet, Art. Perhaps you know better (as I don't trust the press and that is all I have to go on).

There have been tweets uncovered referring to "tim" suggesting they delete communications. There is more than one "tim" involved so it may not be him. But with 20 kids under indictment, one is going to flip. And when he flips, he may embellish the truth (as we've seen witnesses do in the past). Also, note that the DA sent the message that if anyone knew anything, they knew were to report it.

But, moreover than all of that, there are civil issues. both in terms of legal civil issues and the court of public opinion.

So JF should just toss him aside even though Tim had no part in this incident? Sounds like a comment worthy of the old guard BoT.

Yes. Should have let him go the week it happened. NO need for the PR and he is replaceable. He put himself in that situation. WTF.

Reactions: jerseylion109
So - narrative Bream has something to hide has started. Reporter tweeting as testimony unfolds...

I don't think that book has been closed yet, Art. Perhaps you know better (as I don't trust the press and that is all I have to go on).

There have been tweets uncovered referring to "tim" suggesting they delete communications. There is more than one "tim" involved so it may not be him. But with 20 kids under indictment, one is going to flip. And when he flips, he may embellish the truth (as we've seen witnesses do in the past).

But, moreover than all of that, there are civil issues. both in terms of legal civil issues and the court of public opinion.

I have no more insight than you. I'm simply putting two and two together: if there were evidence that Tim Bream suggested that the frat boys destroy communications about the incident, I would expect him to be charged by now. Perhaps, the Center County DA's Office works on a different time line. If so, I'd like to understand why.

I don't know, but this is the detective testifying here, so let's not pretend that it's unjustified.

I don't know, but this is the detective testifying here, so let's not pretend that it's unjustified.

Which means exactly what, dipstick? Cops are never wrong (we'll concede that he may, and "may" is not equal to "likely" be telling the truth here).

Reactions: step.eng69
Zara?

Bream is the weak spot or vulnerability of the deep pocketed PSU. If there is an opening, bet you bottom dollar the lawyers will come after it.

My experience is that lawyers are trained not to show they are "agitated". And that is a pretty subjective observation.

Zara-franchise-2.jpg

Pretty dumb logic by the reporter. A few years ago I was dodging a PI who was trying to serve me. They wanted me to drive 300 miles to be a witness for $10 a day. No thanks.

Reporter is just quoting testimony. Here's the latest!

I think this is the crux of where you and I disagree. it doesn't have to "be a crime" to cost PSU a ton (both in terms of PR and money)

The PR is going to happen because something bad happened at PSU. PSU may fork money over, but if it does, Bream will be a footnote to it. Ultimately it will come down to the nature fraternity's affiliation with PSU and, stemming from that, the University's responsibility to oversee it (in simpler terms, how loud Tom Kline has to shout "boo" for Stephen Dunham to give him the combination to the safe). In this contest, I'd look more to the role of Damon Dim than I would Bream's.

Which means exactly what, dipstick? Cops are never wrong (we'll concede that he may, and "may" is not equal to "likely" be telling the truth here).
It means that it is more likely true than not. The cop is not out to get TB.

So what do you want JF to tell Bream why he is being terminated? Before all the facts come out in the case and it is even tried in a court of law. If you're wrong you are setting PSU up for a huge wrongful termination suit I do believe....maybe Obli can confirm this but to me if we learned 1 thing in the JS fiasco is a rush to judgement before hearing all the facts

Again, Tim Bream does not work for, or report to, James Franklin. Bream holds an "Assistant Athletic Director" title and reports to Sandy Barbour as his official PSU Bio and THIS ARTICLE clearly demonstrate. BTW, he was originally hired by the Athletic Director (Joyner at the time) in 2012 into his "Assistant AD" position, so he was hired, reports to and has always worked for the AD at PSU since Joyner hired him, so why people are saying Coach Franklin is responsible for his hiring, firing or association in any way with PSU's Athletic Department is rather bizarre. He doesn't report to Coach Franklin, nor is he part of Coach Franklin's Staff.

amazing that after all that has happened at our university people still think this stuff isnt a big deal until it blows up in our faces

Again, Tim Bream does not work for, or report to, James Franklin. Bream holds an "Assistant Athletic Director" title and reports to Sandy Barbour as his official PSU Bio and THIS ARTICLE clearly demonstrate. BTW, he was originally hired by the Athletic Director (Joyner at the time) in 2012 into his "Assistant AD" position, so he was hired, reports to and has always worked for the AD at PSU since Joyner hired him, so why people are saying Coach Franklin is responsible for his hiring, firing or association in any way with PSU's Athletic Department is rather bizarre. He doesn't report to Coach Franklin, nor is he part of Coach Franklin's Staff.
Thanks...didn't know that. Makes me feel a little better about what kind of problems CJF may experience. However, not sure the press will make sure that this issue is understood (kinda like how they made it seem JS still worked for JVP in 2011).

amazing that after all that has happened at our university people still think this stuff isnt a big deal until it blows up in our faces

It may very well be a big deal, but it won't be because of Bream. It will be because of the University's inability to a) recognize the liability it incurs by sponsoring a fraternity system; and/or b) bring the frats to heel.

Reactions: WDLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT