ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Bream

Sorry if I made a mistake in the original post about franklin letting bream go...I do think he can ask his boss if this is being handled and how. This could be a huge negative story not only for the football team but all of penn state and the school needs to get out in front of it before it's too late.

his role in the beta death is starting to pick up traction from desdspin, and other media outlets. This team doesn't need any distractions right now. Franklin should let him go for being close to this kind of thing at all
Can someone explain Tim Bream's role with the football team compared to Dwight Galt?

Can someone explain Tim Bream's role with the football team compared to Dwight Galt?

Coach Galt is head of strength and conditioning. Bream head athletic trainer, think athletic medicine not "training" athletes.

I will say that when I visited Lasch recently I got to talk with Coach Galt for a bit. He's a great guy and I loved how he has organized the weight room by position and workout also assigning one of his assistants by position group.

Reactions: step.eng69
I must admit I'm a bit surprised that I have not seen a scroll on ESPN yet, and it's Sunday. I'm in agreement with Art and Jersey though, Sandy needs to put him on leave and do whatever else needs to be done and get in front of this before it does become a scroll on ESPN.

Reactions: jerseylion109
I must admit I'm a bit surprised that I have not seen a scroll on ESPN yet, and it's Sunday. I'm in agreement with Art and Jersey though, Sandy needs to put him on leave and do whatever else needs to be done and get in front of this before it does become a scroll on ESPN.

You're not entirely in agreement with me. If Barbour and/or one of her subordinates hasn't spoken with Bream, they have no basis for putting him on leave (unless they've received a report from law enforcement of some potential wrong doing). If there have been no discussions with Bream, them someone in the Athletic Department (and or Counsel's Office) is derelict in their responsibilities.

Sorry if I made a mistake in the original post about franklin letting bream go...I do think he can ask his boss if this is being handled and how. This could be a huge negative story not only for the football team but all of penn state and the school needs to get out in front of it before it's too late.

Again, complete and utter nonsense - Coach Franklin has zero "HR oversight responsibilities" for Tim Bream. Bream has "institutional responsibilities" within PSU's ICA ("Intercollegiate Athletics") Organization and in no way reports to Coach Franklin (i.e., he is not on Coach Franklin's Staff - he is on Charmelle Green's Staff. Charmelle Green is one of Barbour's Direct Report Deputy or Associate Athletic Directors heading up a Department called "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare"). Why precisely again would Coach Franklin talk to Sandy Barbour about an "Assistant AD" who does not report to him in any fashion from an HR standpoint, but does report to, and is on the STAFF of, one of Sandy Barbour's 4 Senior "Deputy or Associate Athletic Directors" each heading up a specific "Athletic Director" Department?

IOW, your notion that Coach Franklin should go to Sandy Barbour and say, "I know nothing about this situation and Tim Bream doesn't report to me in any way, nor do I supervise him in any way.....but I have real problems with his behavior in regards to a situation that I know absolutely nothing about..... I think you and Charmelle should sanction him in some fashion regarding this situation I know nothing about despite neither of you having asked for my input on a matter I know absolutely nothing about and has nothing to do with me, my staff or my PSU responsibilities......"

In essence, your baseless "opinion" on the matter as to how Coach Franklin should conduct himself in regards to something that has zero to do with him or his responsibilities at PSU is absurd, stupid and without basis.

Last edited:
Again, complete and utter nonsense -

In essence, your baseless "opinion" on the matter as to how Coach Franklin should conduct himself in regards to something that has zero to do with him or his responsibilities at PSU is absurd, stupid and without basis.

So can we infer that you disagree with his opinion? :cool:

You can infer that his opinion is baseless and idiotic regardless of how many times he lamely attempts to tie responsibility for Tim Bream to Coach Franklin or PSU Football. :cool:

What do you put bream on leave FOR? Having a desperate defense attorney smear your name?

If something is up, bream himself is going to need to take leave himself

50+ year old man living in a frat house while employed by the university and then having a student die in the house you are "monitoring". Franklin is not responsible for him but to the general public they'll tie it to the football program . Right or wrong, the culture problem will come back again

Reactions: BlueBand
Would you please post Beta's description for an adviser.

e.g. point 2...I can think of many reasons he was living there that aren't nefarious.

e.g. point 3..."for it to be"? Come on, why don't you just write a whole new set of standards, in detail, for each case as they come up.

Have of any of your employers EVER inquired as to your living arrangements? Seriously, have any employers EVER done that?

The only potential employers would be the SS, CIA, FBI, and Dept. of State. Possibly some other government organizations that I'm unaware of but certainly NOT a University.
Well me personally, no I have not. However I'm pretty sure some of my teachers at boarding school had to. You know, so they could hire enough staff capable of taking weekend duty.

When you have an employee of a university listed as a live in adviser to students of said university it's probably best the university is aware of it.

Last edited:
By whom? The Alpha Upsilon (Beta PSU) Chapter? Or by Pennlive?

I don't intend that as a snarky comment. He may well have had that obligation. I do not know.
It was listed on the frats webpage per the article I read. I couldn't tell you what outlet I got it from off the top of my head.

Again, complete and utter nonsense - Coach Franklin has zero "HR oversight responsibilities" for Tim Bream. Bream has "institutional responsibilities" within PSU's ICA ("Intercollegiate Athletics") Organization and in no way reports to Coach Franklin (i.e., he is not on Coach Franklin's Staff - he is on Charmelle Green's Staff. Charmelle Green is one of Barbour's Direct Report Deputy or Associate Athletic Directors heading up a Department called "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare"). Why precisely again would Coach Franklin talk to Sandy Barbour about an "Assistant AD" who does not report to him in any fashion from an HR standpoint, but does report to, and is on the STAFF of, one of Sandy Barbour's 4 Senior "Deputy or Associate Athletic Directors" each heading up a specific "Athletic Director" Department?

IOW, your notion that Coach Franklin should go to Sandy Barbour and say, "I know nothing about this situation and Tim Bream doesn't report to me in any way, nor do I supervise him in any way.....but I have real problems with his behavior in regards to a situation that I know absolutely nothing about..... I think you and Charmelle should sanction him in some fashion regarding this situation I know nothing about despite neither of you having asked for my input on a matter I know absolutely nothing about and has nothing to do with me, my staff or my PSU responsibilities......"

Maybe you should calm down and chill. No one here has asserted that Franklin is to blame. Some posters were simply trying to understand who Bream reports to since he works with the football department. Other posters have clarified Bream's reporting duties already for those who had questions. So not only are you late to the party in providing the information but you are also being a drama queen about it. The next question was whether Franklin could request a different trainer until Bream's situation in this matter is clarified. Several here have suggested that perhaps if it becomes a distraction to the program he should. These are all just personal opinions, of course. Take a deep breath!!!!!!!

Reactions: jerseylion109
You can infer that his opinion is baseless and idiotic regardless of how many times he lamely attempts to tie responsibility for Tim Bream to Coach Franklin or PSU Football. :cool:

Sorry but you clearly have s comprehension problem. I don't always agree with getmyjive but he did not tie Bream to Franklin as you suggest. Bream is a trainer for the football program, that is a fact. He is an employee of the athletic department staff. Fact. He reports to the athletic department. Fact. Nobody is disputing those facts.

I could care less about the scroll on espn but do care about PSU handling the situation properly and removing the school from whatever Bream's role was with the fraternity.

Let's count the number of ways you are wrong.....

Maybe you should calm down and chill. No one here has asserted that Franklin is to blame. Some posters were simply trying to understand who Bream reports to since he works with the football department.

Wrong, Bream does not "work for the football department" nimrod anymore than he works for the "Volleyball Department", "Ice Hockey Department", "Wrestling Department", "Lacrosse Department", "Track & Field Department", "Gymnastics Department" or any of PSU ICA's 29 Sponsored Sports Teams (LOL, Bream "works for the football department" but only a sentence earlier you're trying to claim that nobody is trying to say that Coach Franklin is RESPONSIBLE for Tim Bream - go figure).

I don't care which of your multiple-handles you wish to go by (the OP to this thread, GetMyBull$hitPropaganda or the one above) Tim Bream does not "work for the football department", he works for the PSU AD, was hired by the PSU AD and specifically works for the AD as an "Assistant AD" reporting to the "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" within the PSU ICA (a Department headed by Charmelle Green, one of AD Sandy Barbour's 4 direct-report Deputy or Associate Athletic Directors) with INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBILITY for Directing Sports-Medicine Athletic Training Services for PSU ICA's 29 Sponsored NCAA Sports Teams.

Other posters have clarified Bream's reporting duties already for those who had questions. So not only are you late to the party in providing the information but you are also being a drama queen about it.

Wrong again Sybil, I was the first and only party to have posted the FACTUAL INFORMATION (Press Releases, Org Charts, etc...) related to Tim Bream's hiring at PSU by the PSU Athletic Director and his continued employment at PSU as "Assistant Athletic Director" within PSU ICA's "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" headed by Charmelle Green, one of AD Sandy Barbour's 4 direct-report Deputy or Associate "Athletic Directors"! So not only are you wrong with your bull$hit about "other posters" other than me providing this information AND that I am coming "late to the party" in providing such information, you CONTINUE TO BE WRONG with you bull$hit spin contending that Bream "works for the football department", which is nothing but made-up anti-factual nonsense and bull$hit (otherwise known as made-up crap, "fake news" and agenda-based "spin")

and finally:
The next question was whether Franklin could request a different trainer until Bream's situation in this matter is clarified. Several here have suggested that perhaps if it becomes a distraction to the program he should. These are all just personal opinions, of course. Take a deep breath!!!!!!!

Wrong again, only a moron or agenda-based Sybil poster "spinner" would believe this is the "next question", when it has been firmly and FACTUALLY established that Bream works for the AD on an INSTITUTIONAL BASIS for ALL 29 PSU Sponsored NCAA Sports Teams within PSU ICA's "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" - NOT the "football department" as you nonsensically claim! Why precisely would Coach Franklin make an announcement about an Employee in PSU's Athletic Department that does not work for him or report to him from an HR standpoint - a Public Statement he has no authority to make regarding a situation that he knows absolutely nothing about and has zero to do with his Staff or enumerated responsibilities at PSU? Odd how you think Coach Franklin is the only one of PSU's 29 Head Coaches running Sponsored Sports Programs within PSU's ICA for Sandy Barbour who should, without authority, speak for the PSU Athletic Director regarding matters he knows nothing about and have zero to do with his enumerated responsibilities at PSU? Very odd indeed....one would almost say transparent with your symbiotic Sybil poster personalities....

BTW, I'm fully aware that these are "personal opinions" based on completely made-up bull$hit such as Bream "working for the football department" rather than any actual bonafide basis......but that doesn't make them any less inane, ridiculous, stupid, nonsensical..... or most-importantly agenda-based.

Last edited:

Sorry but you clearly have s comprehension problem. I don't always agree with getmyjive but he did not tie Bream to Franklin as you suggest. Bream is a trainer for the football program, that is a fact. He is an employee of the athletic department staff. Fact. He reports to the athletic department. Fact. Nobody is disputing those facts.

I have a "comprehension problem" - more irony from always wrong Sybil poster. My post you reference was in response to this post:

The "his opinion" that LafayetteBear refers to is not in reference to GetMyBull$hitPropaganda, it is in reference to the OP of this entire thread, LOL! Having trouble keeping up with all your personalities there Sybil?

I could care less about the scroll on espn but do care about PSU handling the situation properly and removing the school from whatever Bream's role was with the fraternity.

Yes, we're all fully aware that you "could care less" about bothersome items such as facts and reality in favor of your made-up bull$hit facts, spin and propaganda such as Bream "working for the football department" :rolleyes: I'd call you pathetic, but that doesn't even begin to describe what you truly are.....

Yes, we're all fully aware that you "could care less" about bothersome items such as facts and reality in favor of your made-up bull$hit facts, spin and propaganda such as Bream "working for the football department" :rolleyes: I'd call you pathetic, but that doesn't even begin to describe what you truly are.....

Go choke on a pickle, will you? Nobody made anything up and for your less than competent reading comprehension skills, I said Bream works WITH, not FOR, the football department. Please enlighten me to where I'm wrong in this statement. Oh, and I know quite well how the trainers work WITH the athletic teams at PSU considering my son was a recent student-athlete. As$wipe!

Let's count the number of ways you are wrong.....

Wrong, Bream does not "work for the football department" nimrod anymore than he works for the "Volleyball Department", "Ice Hockey Department", "Wrestling Department", "Lacrosse Department", "Track & Field Department", "Gymnastics Department" or any of PSU ICA's 29 Sponsored Sports Teams (LOL, Bream "works for the football department" but only a sentence earlier you're trying to claim that nobody is trying to say that Coach Franklin is RESPONSIBLE for Tim Bream - go figure).

I don't care which of your multiple-handles you wish to go by (the OP to this thread, GetMyBull$hitPropaganda or the one above) Tim Bream does not "work for the football department", he works for the PSU AD, was hired by the PSU AD and specifically works for the AD as an "Assistant AD" reporting to the "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" within the PSU ICA (a Department headed by Charmelle Green, one of AD Sandy Barbour's 4 direct-report Deputy or Associate Athletic Directors) with INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBILITY for Directing Sports-Medicine Athletic Training Services for PSU ICA's 29 Sponsored NCAA Sports Teams.

Wrong again Sybil, I was the first and only party to have posted the FACTUAL INFORMATION (Press Releases, Org Charts, etc...) related to Tim Bream's hiring at PSU by the PSU Athletic Director and his continued employment at PSU as "Assistant Athletic Director" within PSU ICA's "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" headed by Charmelle Green, one of AD Sandy Barbour's 4 direct-report Deputy or Associate "Athletic Directors"! So not only are you wrong with your bull$hit about "other posters" other than me providing this information AND that I am coming "late to the party" in providing such information, you CONTINUE TO BE WRONG with you bull$hit spin contending that Bream "works for the football department", which is nothing but made-up anti-factual nonsense and bull$hit (otherwise known as made-up crap, "fake news" and agenda-based "spin")

and finally:

Wrong again, only a moron or agenda-based Sybil poster "spinner" would believe this is the "next question", when it has been firmly and FACTUALLY established that Bream works for the AD on an INSTITUTIONAL BASIS for ALL 29 PSU Sponsored NCAA Sports Teams within PSU ICA's "Student-Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" - NOT the "football department" as you nonsensically claim! Why precisely would Coach Franklin make an announcement about an Employee in PSU's Athletic Department that does not work for him or report to him from an HR standpoint - a Public Statement he has no authority to make regarding a situation that he knows absolutely nothing about and has zero to do with his Staff or enumerated responsibilities at PSU? Odd how you think Coach Franklin is the only one of PSU's 29 Head Coaches running Sponsored Sports Programs within PSU's ICA for Sandy Barbour who should, without authority, speak for the PSU Athletic Director regarding matters he knows nothing about and have zero to do with his enumerated responsibilities at PSU? Very odd indeed....one would almost say transparent with your symbiotic Sybil poster personalities....

BTW, I'm fully aware that these are "personal opinions" based on completely made-up bull$hit such as Bream "working for the football department" rather than any actual bonafide basis......but that doesn't make them any less inane, ridiculous, stupid, nonsensical..... or most-importantly agenda-based.

Who said anything about an announcement? What are you even talking about. WTF with your maniacal posts!

Tell me again why it is a good idea that the University is in the business of officially recognizing a bunch of independently organized and operated speakeasies?

It's not, and the University should consider ending the current setup by: 1) tell all of the fraternities move into dorm space, like the sororities have to do, and then be subject to very close monitoring and adherence with University rules, or 2) if they will not move into dorms, they give up their right to do anything on campus (including advertise or recruit members) and the university will not recognize them in any way. Then give them the most obnoxious RA's on earth who will call the university cops every time they do anything including turn up the music too loud.

It's not, and the University should consider ending the current setup by: 1) tell all of the fraternities move into dorm space, like the sororities have to do, and then be subject to very close monitoring and adherence with University rules, or 2) if they will not move into dorms, they give up their right to do anything on campus (including advertise or recruit members) and the university will not recognize them in any way. Then give them the most obnoxious RA's on earth who will call the university cops every time they do anything including turn up the music too loud.

1. Sounds good until they break the same rules and then PSU will be in the news.

2. Won't work. The members of the new unrecognized organizations you think give up their rights are still students and they still have the right to use ALL campus facilities just like any student.

. Many fraternities would be perfectly content operating off campus without university input.

. Many fraternities would be perfectly content operating off campus without university input.

Then don't recognize them as a group and don't let their group participate as a recognized organization in anything on campus - IM sports, THON, involvement fair, anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT