ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger vs. Phil, Capitol One's The Match

I won't be watching, but the smack talking between those two should be world class.

Let me think about this:
Do I want to spend $20 to watch two over-the-hill clowns— one a gamblin’ fool, the other a male hoe — play 18 holes to win my money???
God help me if I’m ever that bored or stupid.
I wouldn’t bite if they paid me the $20 to watch.
Entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. I work too hard for my money to flush it on something like this “event.”

phil-ap-17033461810426.jpg

Phil 1 up after 3, Tiger missed a 5 footer on 2 for par. Phil lost the 200k bet on the first not being able to birdie. Hey, we are having a great time watching this. Good food, booze and company, what's not to like?

so when is betting theses types of wagers allowed in the US?

I am sure the IRS is interested in the twitter feeds.

Great to see Phil win. Well worth the $20 bucks. He also gets the Italian leather belt with a diamond golf ball in the middle..

Neither played well in the event. Lots of missed putts. Tiger was particularly disappointing in sudden death. Weird they had to play a 93 yard hole which was not even a regular hole on the course. Whatever, it was fun to watch but I thought the announcers weren’t very good. Tiger looked like the pressure got to him at the end.

Tiger said his hands were cold for at least the last three holes and I'm not making that up.

Pat Perez was awesome all day. Love his show on PGA Tour Radio. He tells it like it is. Needed more Natalie Gulbis on the telecast.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
so when is betting theses types of wagers allowed in the US?

I am sure the IRS is interested in the twitter feeds.

Vegas books had wagering available for just about everything imaginable, including live betting on every hole.

First Tiger, then Phil conceded missable putts that would have ended the match (on 18, then in the extra holes).

Classy, both wanted to win it vs. having the other guy lose it.

First Tiger, then Phil conceded missable putts that would have ended the match (on 18, then in the extra holes).

Classy, both wanted to win it vs. having the other guy lose it.

Yeah, that was really cool. I'm glad it was decided with a birdie.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT