ADVERTISEMENT

Thread to follow PSU recruits at PA States

Murin vs Courtney was incredible. Murin had him dead to rights, but couldn't finish the takedown.
Not sure how you can bypass Courtney for OW. He beat 3 returning state champs. Regardless of how dominant Teasdale was or anyone else for that matter...no one had anywhere near the minefield to navigate and two of the three he beat convincingly.

Mixed results for the Hoffman boys from Montroursville

182 -- Greg Bulsak (South Park) pinned Garrett Hoffman in 1:42

195 -- Gavin Hoffman defeated Bill Bowlen (Jefferson Morgan) 6-3

Bulsak looks like a good one; has a win over AAA Jake Woodley, follows up at 182 after winning AA 170 last year; headed to Clarion.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Are the finals going to be streaming? Would like to catch Young's match.

They are but you need to register with PCN Select and pay for one of the subscriptions. I paid like $12 for a day pass and watched AA earlier today and I'll watch AAA later. Weather has been crappy in NORCAL today so it was well worth it.

Not sure how you can bypass Courtney for OW. He beat 3 returning state champs. Regardless of how dominant Teasdale was or anyone else for that matter...no one had anywhere near the minefield to navigate and two of the three he beat convincingly.

Did some digging. Nobody has done what Courtney just did. Defeat 3 state Champs in succession.

With his win making 4 state Champs in a single bracket never happened before in piaa history.

What an accomplishment. .....he has now become a trivia question that soon won't be forgotten.

Wow. Austin DeSanto was 47-0-0...

And Lee just took him apart in 3 and a half minutes 15-0 tech fall.

Jesus.

On second thought, DeSanto is the only one who has taken Lee into the second period, so there's that, I suppose.

Reactions: T J
Did any of you see Chance Marstellar when they were following Spencer with the camera as he left the arena floor? He shook Spencer's hand as he went out.

That wasn't just some good solid high school wrestler he just dismantled, that kid was freaking 47-0-0. And the last time DeSanto lost, it was a fluke defensive pin, other than that nobody had challenged him, and Lee just blew through him like water.

Lee is going to be special folks.

Reactions: T J and diggerpup
Did any of you see Chance Marstellar when they were following Spencer with the camera as he left the arena floor? He shook Spencer's hand as he went out.

Lee has nothing in common with Marstellar. Lee is going to college to win championships.

Doesn't spend much time on bottom. Most matches are over in the first
Frankly I was surprised to see DeSanto make it into the second period...Lee is just out of this world great...

In Cael we trust to bring him home to his rightful place here in Blue and White.

Did some digging. Nobody has done what Courtney just did. Defeat 3 state Champs in succession.

With his win making 4 state Champs in a single bracket never happened before in piaa history.

What an accomplishment. .....he has now become a trivia question that soon won't be forgotten.
Heck of an accomplishment. reminds me of the year A. Ashnault was in the Super32 bracket with 5 state champs and he went undefeated for the crown.

That wasn't just some good solid high school wrestler he just dismantled, that kid was freaking 47-0-0. And the last time DeSanto lost, it was a fluke defensive pin, other than that nobody had challenged him, and Lee just blew through him like water.

Lee is going to be special folks.
That was Desanto's record coming in, he was actually 50-0 and he had two tech falls and a major on his way to the finals. Just furthering your point.

Lee, style-wise, has Penn State written all over him. Constant attack, vicious hammer on top, impossible to contain, and bonus point machine. Fits right in here.

Reactions: diggerpup
Frankly I was surprised to see DeSanto make it into the second period...Lee is just out of this world great...

In Cael we trust to bring him home to his rightful place here in Blue and White.
I thought Spencer was going to say where he was going to college after his match ? May be coming up real soon....That is what he said in his interview....

That was Desanto's record coming in, he was actually 50-0 and he had two tech falls and a major on his way to the finals. Just furthering your point.

This was the 5th time I've seen young DeSanto, and he has a great future in front of him at the collegiate level...and still Lee just destroyed. Just amazing.

Lee has nothing in common with Marstellar. Lee is going to college to win championships.

I think you are the only one drawing comparisons about college careers of the two. The earlier post just noted that Marstellar was there and congratulated Lee after his win. Nothing more.

I think you are the only one drawing comparisons about college careers of the two. The earlier post just noted that Marstellar was there and congratulated Lee after his win. Nothing more.

In all fairness, choosing Smith as a coach, somebody should have given him better advice...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT