ADVERTISEMENT

Thread on testing & treatment research for COVID-19

I am not sure this is true. The CEO of Novavax said the attack rate for infection by the new South African variant in the South African population has been essentially equal between persons previously infected by the original variant and persons not previously infected. He didn’t say anything about the illness severity comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
good article:

Good research although I doubt it will have much effect on how the world fights this Covid 19 pandemic as based on what I read, they are ways off to get approval of a vaccine made that way for Covid-19. And considering the current production rates of P/M/AZ/J&J and soon to be Novavax combine with Russian Sputnik and the several the Chinese are putting out, the math says by the time they go through a Phase III trial and get results and get approved that all the aforementioned vaccine makers will have already have produced enough vaccine as is needed. So might be good research for a future vaccine similar to the way a lot of work was done a while back on mRNA that now is so important and relevant.

Good research although I doubt it will have much effect on how the world fights this Covid 19 pandemic as based on what I read, they are ways off to get approval of a vaccine made that way for Covid-19. And considering the current production rates of P/M/AZ/J&J and soon to be Novavax combine with Russian Sputnik and the several the Chinese are putting out, the math says by the time they go through a Phase III trial and get results and get approved that all the aforementioned vaccine makers will have already have produced enough vaccine as is needed. So might be good research for a future vaccine similar to the way a lot of work was done a while back on mRNA that now is so important and relevant.
And when the world needs that next round of vaccinations this could be ready and available for so many of them to produce. Exciting stuff.

And when the world needs that next round of vaccinations this could be ready and available for so many of them to produce. Exciting stuff.

No doubt that the last year has advanced the medical community huge leaps and bounds as how to both make and produce vaccines and also just how to treat a new disease once somebody gets it. The treatment for Covid when somebody walks into a hospital today is light years better than a year ago. And all that knowledge will be used the next time anything like this ever happens again such that the medical response will be much better I would predict.

Unfortunately I am not sure on the political side if we have learned anything at all. As even with a years worth of data there is literally no agreement on masks, lockdowns, etc.....today versus a year ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT