ADVERTISEMENT

Thread on testing & treatment research for COVID-19

53% of people in a UK study with PCR Ct values less than 30 did not report any symptoms.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Actually that's a red herring. Florida, Georgia and Texas have high amounts of variants, and they've had no problems.
With respect to these variants, they are happening everywhere. You have to think there are probably quite a few in the US because the number of infections are so high compared to almost every other country, except India.
In the U.K., there is a lot of work being done analyzing the viral genomes of infected persons. In the US, not so much. So, it might be a matter of only finding where you are looking.

With respect to these variants, they are happening everywhere. You have to think there are probably quite a few in the US because the number of infections are so high compared to almost every other country, except India.
In the U.K., there is a lot of work being done analyzing the viral genomes of infected persons. In the US, not so much. So, it might be a matter of only finding where you are looking.
I would bet that the reason the USA is so high on daily infections is two fold. First, the total population of USA is higher than most. Second, we test way more than other countries. Brazil is on the verge of complete collapse and yet USA has more daily cases then them even though 44% of adults have a vaccine, zero chance. Same with China and India and probably a lot of Souteast Asia and Middle East countries. They are just not testing to know how many they have but surely more than USA as they have population density like NYC and we know what happened there. And the other countries in Europe and Asia (like South Korea and Japan) that are testing fully have so much less population that total cases would obviously be less.

Question for everyone, has anyone else tested positive for Covid after getting the vaccine? I had my J&J shot on March 10th, and so did my wife. I was feeling crappy this week and had burning in my nose and got tested Wednesday. I then lost sense of smell and taste. Test came back positive today. I am over a month out and I still got it.

I got a call from the Department of Health. They said it has been more common with other ones and not as much with J&J. I was just curious if anyone else has had this or heard of someone else having this happen to them.

As for how I’m doing, I feel fine. I walked over 5 miles yesterday and over 3 today.

Thanks in advance....sorry I posted this in another thread as I didn’t know which one it was more relevant to.

Question for everyone, has anyone else tested positive for Covid after getting the vaccine? I had my J&J shot on March 10th, and so did my wife. I was feeling crappy this week and had burning in my nose and got tested Wednesday. I then lost sense of smell and taste. Test came back positive today. I am over a month out and I still got it.

I got a call from the Department of Health. They said it has been more common with other ones and not as much with J&J. I was just curious if anyone else has had this or heard of someone else having this happen to them.

As for how I’m doing, I feel fine. I walked over 5 miles yesterday and over 3 today.

Thanks in advance....sorry I posted this in another thread as I didn’t know which one it was more relevant to.

I wouldn't say it's common, but it's also not real uncommon to test positive even after vaccine has incubated. Your symptoms *should* be very minor and short-lived, if you have any at all, though.

Reactions: bison13 and LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT