ADVERTISEMENT

This game against Temple was the worse coached Penn State game I have ever watched!

Here is my summative evaluation of the debacle:

1. Temple is good with several NFL prospects and excellent leadership.

2. PS offensive staff should be dismissed, they should have prepared the team for this type of defense based on last year's six losses. To say the least, Donovan should be fired immediately, he cannot coach. Bench Palmer, he is not ready. Give Hack a blow, play mobile McSorley a little. Nothing wrong with running three runs and punting vs. taking sacks. Offensive staff had plenty of time to adjust when T had the ball, they failed.

3. PS defensive staff is overrated, however, injuries softens the critical blow. If we play 10-10, fine. Overtime win or lose!

4. Franklin should not be playing starters on special teams. Bad decision!

Overall, inexperienced team with bad coaching.

Perfectly put; especially about the waste of Hackenberg's talent. I understand there have been O-line changes and a system change. But play selection and play variety have to be considered as well. Also, this team has had a stable full of stud TE's for two years and they go unused ! If I had a son who was being recruited as a TE to PSU, I would be very leery of putting him into this system.

Totally agree. a) the staff should have anticipated this defense as we are going to see it all year long, as we saw it for the last 2/3rds of last season (Rutgers did it and "broke the code" for the year) and b) did almost nothing to offset it during the game.
Perhaps many of these plays weren't in the playbook but that takes us back to "a", they should have been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT