ADVERTISEMENT

There’s a chance

I've been trying to keep my expectations for Nationals(high of 2nd, low of 4th) in line. Threads like this are making it hard.

Reactions: donboy6499
Even if Kirk goes, it seems unlikely that PSU could overcome Iowa's huge (25+ points) advantage at 125 and smaller but not insignificant advantages at 149, 157, and 197. So if all this Kirk stuff is accurate, the only way it makes sense to me is if:
  • Nevills is injured, AND
  • Kirk has indicated he intends to be out of the program by year 20xx, such that he really isn't losing a year of eligibility by going this season

Well guess we just give it to you guys. All the unbelievable stuff that can be pulled..
You should not dislike Tan Tom so much anymore since he pulled the waiver lol..

So now the policy is we have to bet on it. I will bet $50 that Kerk doesn’t win the national title.

tenor.gif

Well guess we just give it to you guys. All the unbelievable stuff that can be pulled..

The majority of this board has a great deal of respect for Tom Ryan actually, he does some things that are very "make funable" but all in all, he runs a great program and his wrestlers all demonstrate a ton of class.

Just pencil in Kerk for the 6th national title for PSU this year

Here he is again...the guy who suggested that the distance between Kemerer and Hall is equivalent to that between Steveson and Cassioppi. LOL.

Ask ANY sane, objective wrestling fan who is not a PSU or Iowa fan what they think of that comparison and you'll be laughed out of the room.

Here he is again...the guy who suggested that the distance between Kemerer and Hall is equivalent to that between Steveson and Cassioppi. LOL.

Ask ANY sane, objective wrestling fan who is not a PSU or Iowa fan what they think of that comparison and you'll be laughed out of the room.
You said Steveson was taking down Cassioppi at will. He had 3 takedowns. I said like Kemerer taking Hall down at will. Ken had 2 takedowns and a reversal, essentially the same result points wise. No where in that convo did I say the gap between the two was the same. However, they both have faced the other once in folkstyle. Kemerer over Hall 11-6 and Steveson over Cassioppi 7-3.

You said Steveson was taking down Cassioppi at will. He had 3 takedowns. I said like Kemerer taking Hall down at will. Ken had 2 takedowns and a reversal, essentially the same result points wise. No where in that convo did I say the gap between the two was the same. However, they both have faced the other once in folkstyle. Kemerer over Hall 11-6 and Steveson over Cassioppi 7-3.

Why do you come here? In all seriousness, you seem to hate being here.

You're doubling down on this inane comparison. It causes you to lose any shred of credibility you might have had.

Why do you come here? In all seriousness, you seem to hate being here.
Not at all. You can read a lot of my posts that are very civil discussing many different topics. I like reading the opinions of a lot posters on this board and seeing Roars Big 10 seeding predictions. Just because I disagree with some outlandish predictions and challenge them doesn’t mean I’m so upset about it I can’t sleep at night. It’s called debate. It’s what opposing fan bases do

You're doubling down on this inane comparison. It causes you to lose any shred of credibility you might have had.
Haha! You calling me out on credibility. You’ve been called out many times on this board for your ridiculous and delusional predictions by fellow Penn St fans. I look forward to your astute predictions for Big 10s and NCAAs. It should be a fun read.

Reactions: slushhead
Haha! You calling me out on credibility. You’ve been called out many times on this board for your ridiculous and delusional predictions by fellow Penn St fans. I look forward to your astute predictions for Big 10s and NCAAs. It should be a fun read.

ugh....had you on ignore, but had to show ignored content so I could understand these posts. Big mistake, should have fought the urge.

LOL. It's ridiculous and delusional to say Penn State will have 3 champs (Lee, Cenzo and Hall), with a possibility of 4 or 5 in RBY and Brooks.
Every post you make proves my point even further. Have fun when Hall takes out Kemerer. Funniest part is you'll be so shocked.

If this actually happens, it just shows that Cael is playing chess while Brands and others are playing checkers. Brands' pulling Assad's shirt was foolish.
If Brady is healthy and gets in match condition and Kerk goes...oh boy...you can almost hear the sweat rolling off the brows of the once overconfident HR family.

Reactions: diggerpup
Don’t you enjoy house guests who track mud all over your floors & put their feet on your table w/o even asking or apologizing?

Some folks have no self awareness.
So you’re saying you only want posters who agree with you? Wouldn’t that be boring?

If this actually happens, it just shows that Cael is playing chess while Brands and others are playing checkers. Brands' pulling Assad's shirt was foolish.
If Brady is healthy and gets in match condition and Kerk goes...oh boy...you can almost hear the sweat rolling off the brows of the once overconfident HR family.
I hope he pulls Beards and Kerks redshirt so then there will be less excuses when Iowa wins

Reactions: PrairieHawk24
How is pulling Assad foolish but pulling Nevills and Kerk's redshirt not? Assad looks to be an improvement from Wilcke and Brands and with Zahid out of the mix it increases his chances of getting on the stand. What if they win by a few. Then Cael's move looks moronic and Brand's genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1032004

If, if, if . . . Iowa still wins, these types of posts look even more foolish. There's something to be said for at least letting it play out before boasting about chess and checkers, among other chest-pounding overtures.

Both coaches letting it all hang out like every half-point matters is a-ok in my book. Respectable, too.

How is pulling Assad foolish but pulling Nevills and Kerk's redshirt not? Assad looks to be an improvement from Wilcke and Brands and with Zahid out of the mix it increases his chances of getting on the stand. What if they win by a few. Then Cael's move looks moronic and Brand's genius.

The difference between Wilcke and Assad is not substantial enough to pull the shirt, IMO.

I heard cassar signed up for the second semester ,but drop classes .Isn't that what the 1 year wonders in NCAA basketball do every year , and play in March madness.

The difference between Wilcke and Assad is not substantial enough to pull the shirt, IMO.
From what I have seen Assad is much better than Wilcke. If Iowa wins by 50 then sure it looks silly. But if Assad get 7th and they win by 3 well it looks rather smart. Just like pulling all of the PSU shirts will look great if we win and will look bad if we lose by 50 and Brooks and Kirk don't win titles. These coaches are trying to win by putting out their best teams. You can't knock Brands when he doesn't pull shirts and then when he does it make fun of him for it. You just look petty.

Reactions: jmadden1998
If they pull any shirts.....I trust and back Cael unconditionally. The hell with whatever anyone else says.

That sounds funny coming from Transfer-U.

Lugo, Eierman, Teasdale, DeSanto, Renteria ... to bad PD3 didn't work out for you.

#1. We don't know if Kerk's RS will be pulled.
#2. Nevell's shirt was pulled after Cassar was lost for the season
#3. Brook's shirt was pulled after Conel was lost for the season
#4. If indeed Kerk's shirt is pulled it could be that Nevell's injury puts him out for the post season.
#5. Assad's shirt was pulled because????

The majority of this board has a great deal of respect for Tom Ryan actually, he does some things that are very "make funable" but all in all, he runs a great program and his wrestlers all demonstrate a ton of class.
Could not agree more!

Reactions: McScoreley
That sounds funny coming from Transfer-U.

Lugo, Eierman, Teasdale, DeSanto, Renteria ... to bad PD3 didn't work out for you.

#1. We don't know if Kerk's RS will be pulled.
#2. Nevell's shirt was pulled after Cassar was lost for the season
#3. Brook's shirt was pulled after Conel was lost for the season
#4. If indeed Kerk's shirt is pulled it could be that Nevell's injury puts him out for the post season.
#5. Assad's shirt was pulled because????
I just explained why. Brands thought he could score more points and they are not counting their chickens before they hatch. Also I was responding to NittanyChris who was using Kerk coming out of redshirt as Cael being a genius. That is why I was using that as my example. Not sure why so many are up in arms about Brands pulling Assad's shirt. He is clearly better than Wilcke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT