ADVERTISEMENT

There’s a chance

That sounds funny coming from Transfer-U.

Lugo, Eierman, Teasdale, DeSanto, Renteria ... to bad PD3 didn't work out for you.

Jack66,

This is a real question(s), so please don't take it as trolling or attacking your post.

Why is Iowa the school labeled as transfer u? Also, why is it usually framed as an insult?

Cortez, Keener, Kuhn, Conel, Busiello, and Kerkvliet are all transfers into PSU in the same timeframe as the wrestlers you listed for the Hawks. I would imagine the other top schools have similar numbers.

For the record, I have 0 issues with transfers.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Not necessarily. If you go with the paper rankings, Iowa has about a 25 point lead on PSU for NCAA projections. Put Kerk in the lineup and say he finishes 3rd, that is 13.5 points, cuts the difference in half. Get an unexpected positive performance from PSU or someone stumbles for Iowa and the team race is very tight. Huge pressure on Iowa to win it this year, get that margin close, that pressure could come into pay, especially with their already very tight coaching staff and guy at 133.
For PSU to have any chance at nationals, the PSU big five (RBY, Lee, Joseph, Hall, and Brooks) must soundly out perform Iowa’s big five (Lee, DeSanto, Marinelli, Kemerer, and Cassioppi).

Then PSU’s remaining 3 guys (Verk, Rasheed, and Nevills) have to lose little ground to Iowa’s remaining five (Murin, Lugo, Young, Assad, and Warner).

Iowa would have to crap the bed for this to happen. Anything is possible. Cael is the mastermind of getting his guys to peak at Nationals.

Berge and Kirk will not be in wrestling shape for a national tournament. I would not count on them contributing much.

This thread is the exact reason I rarely put the info I get in here. Ill leave you with this one. Id be shocked if Berge wrestles again this season. Thats from someone on the team. Also why would the pull Kerk's redshirt at this point? Its 100% his choice. His goal is college for 4 years and then Olympics. After 2024 olympics even if he had college eligibility left would be surprised if he took it.

Last edited:
... Kirk will not be in wrestling shape for a national tournament. I would not count on [him] contributing much.
Dude has not been in shape for years. :)

Edit: but maybe he can reprogram the tournament! ;)

william-shatner-80ac12b6b794f79ajpg-ccd2ee4e7782fc3c.jpg

I heard cassar signed up for the second semester ,but drop classes .Isn't that what the 1 year wonders in NCAA basketball do every year , and play in March madness.
Well, except for the kid wrestles looking to score while the Wiley veteran wrestles to prevent all scoring.

I agree one would think Kirk and Berge are a package deal, no Berge I don't think burning Kirk's shirt makes any sense unless Seth is hurt bad - even then it doesn't make much sense.

The counter argument is the shirt only has value 4 years from now. More than enough time for Cael to get another kid in the pipeline at any weight.

My vote - release the Kirkraken, regardless.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
This thread is the exact reason I rarely put the info I get in here. Ill leave you with this one. Id be shocked if Berge wrestles again this season. Thats from someone on the team. Also why would the pull Kerk's redshirt at this point? Its 100% his choice. His goal is college for 4 years and then Olympics. After 2024 olympics even if he had college eligibility left would be surprised if he took it.

I appreciate the info and Kerk not wanting to go more than 4 years to focus on yhe 2024 Olympics is a logical explanation. (Just a little critique. If you would have said that in your initial post, it would've saved on some of the replies. My initial reply included.)

Appreciate the nuggets.

Please continue to post whatever nuggets you feel helpful. Thanks.

Once jmadden’s mom grounds him from sneaking onto the interwebs w/o adult supervision, these threads won’t evolve into such a dumpster fire.

Appreciate the nuggets.

Please continue to post whatever nuggets you feel helpful. Thanks.

Once jmadden’s mom grounds him from sneaking onto the interwebs w/o adult supervision, these threads won’t evolve into such a dumpster fire.
After reading through this I apologize. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread. Everyone likes inside info when we can get it so I will keep my comments to myself or start a new thread so others don’t have to sift through it.

Plan for Kerk is he's only going to be here until 2024 Olympic cycle. If he's eligible, he will go in post-season regardless of Berge situation. Otherwise it's just a lost year of him competing. This has been the plan for months now but most didn't know. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I just heard from a friend that Kerk has been approved to wrestle this season, and he will make his debut today vs American! (I completely made that up... I actually have no friends). Same source told me that Cael has decided to shut down Shak, and move forward with Beard (I made that up too).
We’re on the final day of the pre-season, and still talking about pulling shirts? Whaa?

I just heard from a friend that Kerk has been approved to wrestle this season, and he will make his debut today vs American! (I completely made that up... I actually have no friends). Same source told me that Cael has decided to shut down Shak, and move forward with Beard (I made that up too).
We’re on the final day of the pre-season, and still talking about pulling shirts? Whaa?

Fibber -- we know you have sources. ;)

Reactions: diggerpup
I heard they’ve given Snyder the remainder of Zahid’s eligibility, and since he’s been taking some brimstone transportation courses at PSU, he, Cassar, Nevills and Kerkvliet are wrestling off for the post season.

I heard they’ve given Snyder the remainder of Zahid’s eligibility, and since he’s been taking some brimstone transportation courses at PSU, he, Cassar, Nevills and Kerkvliet are wrestling off for the post season.
Except Snyder is cutting down to 197 for a few weeks before bumping back up for the OTTs :D

According to Byers no Berge this year. Shakur and Seth going today. We can put this thread to bed!

According to Byers no Berge this year. Shakur and Seth going today. We can put this thread to bed!
That sucks to hear about Berge. Injuries are such a tough deal, but the head injuries are so dam scary given the potential long-term ramifications. Hope he can get healthy during the off season and get back on the mat. That match where he got knocked out months ago was very difficult to watch. Ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT