ADVERTISEMENT

The Problem with Iowa...

With all due respect, panda, it's useless to go into the details and try to educate the idiots who shout the pedo state stuff. That info just doesn't matter to them because they don't give a good crap about pedophilia or anything else unless they can latch on to the story and use it to vilify Penn State. Once you come to grips with that the only solution is to get in the faces and tell them they are AHs......no further explanation needed.
Ignoring them is better. Then they get no satisfaction.

How would you suggest they rebuild their stadium then? Because that is what it would take--and I'll note that it does appear there is a wall around the playing area--the fans are on top of that wall. It's not like the stands at Beaver stadium are that far off the teams either--remember the Snow Bowl and the snowballs?? Or a fence like at a Nascar or Indy race--making it difficult to see (I now avoid the areas behind the expanded screens at baseball games as looking through that stuff makes my dizzy).

And no, you don't know what you are talking about in regard to stadia "back in the day". They had different things depending on the uses of those stadia. Many were originally used for track and field. I can recall walking along the track around the stadium at Mannheim during a match--no barrier at all. Second division, to be fair. And they are a lot more careful about barriers since Hillsborough.

For example, here's a modern stadium in Germany. Note that there are no barriers on the sidelines and no moat (there are barriers--mostly netting--in the end zone and metal fences between the visiting section and the rest of the stadium). Just about an 8 ft drop to the field. The fans can get pretty close to the benches (on left). I know. I've got some pretty good pix of the players going into the midfield tunnel when I've attended games there. And that was in 2005, 2011, and 2013. Champions League games have been played here.
5.jpg

Here's a similar shot of Kinnick. Doesn't look *that* much different. The wall might be a bit lower--but the distance to the field may be a bit more.
636118147105572950-RENDERING.JPG

They can "gate off" several rows - don't be a moron, it's done at stadiums all the time (i.e., you remove two rows of bleachers back from the wall and put up pipes restricting the area from general public use). Stop being a drama-queen moron that the stadium would have to be torn-down and completely rebuilt to accomplish this! LMFAO, now the entire stadium needs to be torn down to close-off a couple rows of seating to put the fans a "safe distance" from the on-field competitors - go figure! You b1g slack-jaw lovers get stupider by the day (kinda like it's okay for Wadley to do the "Shhhh" thing at Beaver Stadium last year to PSU fans while Iowa is getting their @ss kicked, but it's a capital-crime for Juwan Johnson to do it in celebrating just catching a game-winning, walk-off TD pass? Whatever, LMAO at you losers).

I agree with most of you on the topic of closeness of the fans to the opposing teams. I can see some fan or (player) going a little to far. I say plexiglass them like hockey.

Here's what we are dealing with in this regard. And we will continue to deal with this pedo BS as long as people like "L. Wade Childress" continue to be a waste of oxygen on this planet:
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...d-i-see-this-right.204453/reply?quote=4678900

and then:

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...d-i-see-this-right.204453/reply?quote=4679094

Maybe we voted that Iowa idiot who wasn't impressed by Shaquon as the dumbest person in the world too quickly. This guy is a Gold Member HR Legend with 33,970 posts and 7049 LIKES. He's been a member there since 2001. He's no drive by troll, he represents a typical Iowa fan. There are people like him all over the B1G. They are either too dumb, too lazy or just don't care to find out what really happened. It's just too easy to vilify us.

Did any of you realize that all those years we cheered Penn State on, we were actually sending a signal to the football staff and the school's admin that we would not tolerate them exposing pedophilia and they better cover up ANYTHING rather than embarrass the football program? I sure didn't. And, as L. Wade points out, there are STILL Penn State fans here who enabled JS through our support of our team and we haven't yet APOLOGIZED for that. So, how on earth can HE possibly forgive us?

So, apparently we (the fans) are the root cause of the problem because we created an unhealthy environment to win at all costs. We'll have to go back and get another lesson from L. Wade as to just how any of this effected our on field performance and added to our winning record. But I'm sure he'll explain that with the same easy logic he employed in these posts.

So, here's the thing. It isn't about logic or the truth, it's about a fantasy that they need to weave into some crazy hate thing every time they lose (or just have to admit they are generally inferior). In their warped minds, they are now "justified" in hating the current players, the coaches, the admin, and, most of all, the fans. Now and forever. Easy peasy.....no thought process necessary.....we are all pedophiles....end of story

Now I did note a few Iowa posters on the linked thread telling him and others to stop with the pedo crap.. BUT, if you read their posts, they all have the same underlying Penn State is evil vibe.....they just think the rightful flogging has gone on long enough....geez thanks guys.

I say stick it right back up their noses when they do this crap. Slinking away is an admission of guilt to these bozos. F them.

Gets pretty funny when you realize that in real life, L. Wade Childress is a "shipwreck."

It appears that poster acts like his adopted name, a "shipwrecked pushboat."

Perhaps it's best to not get too serious about a poster whose intent is to be a shipwreck.
He's succeeded. He posts like he's a disaster.

======

L. WADE CHILDRESS

ATTRACTION

Description

The pushboat L. Wade Childress sank near Fort Madison, Iowa, on 23 December 1985. Today, she rests 'on the hard' along County Highway K north of Prairie du Chien.

DSC_3840.JPG

http://www.wisconsinshipwrecks.org/Attraction/Details/161?region=Index

Last edited:
Iowa message board posters are the dumbest people on the planet. Seriously, there's idiots that try to get under your skin on every message board but, Iowa posters are one step away from Lloyd and Harry.

Dumber than Hollywood celebrities?

Gets pretty funny when you realize that in real life, L. Wade Childress is a "shipwreck."

It appears that poster acts like his adopted name, a "shipwrecked pushboat."

Perhaps it's best to not get too serious about a poster whose intent is to be a shipwreck.
He's succeeded. He posts like he's a disaster.

======

L. WADE CHILDRESS

ATTRACTION

Description

The pushboat L. Wade Childress sank near Fort Madison, Iowa, on 23 December 1985. Today, she rests 'on the hard' along County Highway K north of Prairie du Chien.

DSC_3840.JPG

http://www.wisconsinshipwrecks.org/Attraction/Details/161?region=Index

LOL Thanks, TJ, that was a great find.

There's one thing, I'm sure, we can all agree on......let's just hope that L. Wade (the poster) is actually Childless in real life. Someone must have pissed in the gene pool in Iowa . It's time to clean it up a little.

They can "gate off" several rows - don't be a moron, it's done at stadiums all the time (i.e., you remove two rows of bleachers back from the wall and put up pipes restricting the area from general public use). Stop being a drama-queen moron that the stadium would have to be torn-down and completely rebuilt to accomplish this! LMFAO, now the entire stadium needs to be torn down to close-off a couple rows of seating to put the fans a "safe distance" from the on-field competitors - go figure! You b1g slack-jaw lovers get stupider by the day (kinda like it's okay for Wadley to do the "Shhhh" thing at Beaver Stadium last year to PSU fans while Iowa is getting their @ss kicked, but it's a capital-crime for Juwan Johnson to do it in celebrating just catching a game-winning, walk-off TD pass? Whatever, LMAO at you losers).
Why do that? The fans are not that much closer than at Beaver Stadium--if at all. Nor are they all that much closer than fans at that German stadium I showed--which indicated that your other comments about European soccer were rather incorrect.

So, as many of you know, I'm an MSU guy. Watching your game with Iowa and reading posts on BWI and HR, I was struck by one thing in particular about their fanbase.

So, they have post after post about "Pedo U" and "Pedophile this" and Pedophile that". They say things like that to PSU fans at the game, their fans taunt the PSU players and coaches all night long with that stuff, but then have the absolute gall to start whining about a "shush" on the game winning TD and a "punt" on the last play?

What a bunch of country bumpkin crybabies! Probably the most hypocritical, hissy fit throwing fanbase in the B1G.

Here's hoping my Spartans can beat them this week! No respect for those corn cobs.

Nice win, PSU.

...is it's full of Iowans.

Thanks for playing.

They were?
Have any players or coaches said anything about this?
If true, awful.

I mean, it's one thing for a few drunk idiot fans to tell PSU fans where the 'child molester' section is and such, but to incessantly harass players and coaches about such subject matter is lower than low.[/QUOTE
Just win baby ..... that shuts them up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT