ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk Fans Dealing with Basketball Loss Worse Than Wrestling, Lee Loss

Iowa has a legit gripe with the refereeing. It went both ways but the possession where they called the foul on Czinano and then the technical on Clark killed their momentum period. The call on Czinano was questionable, the call on Clark was AWFUL. Not saying they would have won but that basically killed their chances.

Reactions: Ski
The solution for Iowa basketball:

wwe-nil.jpg
I would rather not see a picture of AJ between two women.

Iowa has a legit gripe with the refereeing. It went both ways but the possession where they called the foul on Czinano and then the technical on Clark killed their momentum period. The call on Czinano was questionable, the call on Clark was AWFUL. Not saying they would have won but that basically killed their chances.
It was funny because the woman LSU sent to the line to take the technical free throws absolutely bricked both. LOL.

There is a difference. Reese was far more brazen about it and got nearly up in Clark's face to do it (and point at her ring finger). She was also doing that when the game ended, which is just gloating at that point , not in-game trash talking. It was pretty classless, but whatever, like I said, I've seen far worse.

Seems like a distinction without a difference

The talk of the refs taking the game from them… does Iowa ever lose without making excuses?
I watched the game. Those refs were horrible! They influenced that game by hanging three fouls quick on Iowa's top two players. I was routing for Iowa they are a class act and Clark is not a showboat. Girls like to get in her face alot and sometimes she does the John Cena waving the fingers in front of her face. LSU was classless but you had to expect that just watch the post game interviews Iowa girls polite and well spoken. The LSU girls were straightoutta you know where. Iowa needs to bang the portal hard for a big post player of true center and they will be back next year. I hate watching women's basketball but Caitlin is fun to watch dropping those Steff Curry three's from the NBA line!!!

Reactions: nikko57 and Ski
I watched the game. Those refs were horrible! They influenced that game by hanging three fouls quick on Iowa's top two players. I was routing for Iowa they are a class act and Clark is not a showboat. Girls like to get in her face alot and sometimes she does the John Cena waving the fingers in front of her face. LSU was classless but you had to expect that just watch the post game interviews Iowa girls polite and well spoken. The LSU girls were straightoutta you know where. Iowa needs to bang the portal hard for a big post player of true center and they will be back next year. I hate watching women's basketball but Caitlin is fun to watch dropping those Steff Curry three's from the NBA line!!!
The only good thing about racists is that they are usually are stupid enough and self identify.

Eve
When did classless behavior become acceptable in sports? I submit that it’s just another reflection of our changing society. Social media has created the platform for haters to hate; in the sports arena, in politics, in religious and racial matters. Don’t fall into the trap. Every human has redeeming values if you just look for it. They are there if you look close enough. It’s up to us.

I remember when we were all Americans and the victors won honorably and the losers embraced the lessons. Today, it’s all about embarassing the losers and taking our own victory lap.

You don't seriously think it's confined to sports, do you?

Social media hasn't created "haters"; it's exposed the needy narcissism of people without a healthy internal locus of identity. One of my favorite social media personalities is Twitterati @JoJoFromJerz, a 48 year old woman whose profile picture shows a doe-eyed honey in her early 20's.

It might just affect you. This woman is commenting on one of the latest TikTok trends. Women going to the gym with attire purchased at Sherwin Williams and/or occupying a inescapable space in order to claim creepy men are watching them. (Because of course we know hip thrusts are "functional" exercises).

They need this injunction against paranoia from 80's OHW Rockwell.

As a life long Hawkeye Wrestling Fan, I cannot believe I have to say this to Mr. Twist, but Thank You for having a rational view to the championship game. Yes, a select portion Hawkeye fandom is once again in melt down mode, the officiating WAS horrible. but we were not going to beat LSU based on the plan we had and the fact taht they caught fire shooting threes. We dared them to shoot the long ball, they were only 25% through out the year, they were 68% last night, including five in a row from a bench player that did not have a single point in the entire tournament, maybe not out coached, but they hit when we didn't. Good on them. As to Angels antics, it is what it is, it was bush league ;), but to the victor belongs the spoils. Take care PSU fans.

As a life long Hawkeye Wrestling Fan, I cannot believe I have to say this to Mr. Twist, but Thank You for having a rational view to the championship game. Yes, a select portion Hawkeye fandom is once again in melt down mode, the officiating WAS horrible. but we were not going to beat LSU based on the plan we had and the fact taht they caught fire shooting threes. We dared them to shoot the long ball, they were only 25% through out the year, they were 68% last night, including five in a row from a bench player that did not have a single point in the entire tournament, maybe not out coached, but they hit when we didn't. Good on them. As to Angels antics, it is what it is, it was bush league ;), but to the victor belongs the spoils. Take care PSU fans.
Said bench player had 11 points in the tournament prior to the championship game

Anyone else find it just a tiny bit ironical that the school that vehemently denies racism at CHA, despite some evidence to the contrary, hollers it out when their women's bball team falls victim to an LSU bench player having the game of her life in leading them to victory. The young lady led LSU in scoring with 22 points (of note, she hadn't scored any points since the 2nd round of the tourney) on 7-8 shooting, including 5 of 6 from 3.
Games between closely matched teams, as these 2 were, usually come down to 1 or 2 plays OR a player going out of their mind and leading their team to victory. This bench player, with a career scoring average of less than 7 points per game, just did the latter. Get over it Hawks, it happens. Congrats to LSU.
Villanova-Georgetown comes to mind

When did classless behavior become acceptable in sports? I submit that it’s just another reflection of our changing society. Social media has created the platform for haters to hate; in the sports arena, in politics, in religious and racial matters. Don’t fall into the trap. Every human has redeeming values if you just look for it. They are there if you look close enough. It’s up to us.

I remember when we were all Americans and the victors won honorably and the losers embraced the lessons. Today, it’s all about embarassing the losers and taking our own victory lap.
I will remember this post next year as I watch Elite level College Football Teams dismantle a team because that is what the Committee wants to see. I will remember this post as I watch Starocci embarrass and show boat on another wrestler by doing all the fancy boxing footwork he does at the end of a match.
But you are right classless behavior only just started....not like it has been exhibited in sports for a length of time (BIG EYE ROLL)

Reactions: Love the lions
Said bench player had 11 points in the tournament prior to the championship game
Sorry. Thank you for the correction. She was 3 for 16 from the 3 point line in the previous championship games, and had 1 field goal. Reads better my way, but false is false. Took ESPN radio at their word. Still remarkable to go 5 for 5 in the first half, no way to prepare for a hand that hot. The first half buzzer beater was a dagger.

I hate Iowa, and still admit that it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. However, when your team gives up 103 points, your best option is to quietly slink away and lick your wounds. Instead, they pile on a college kid. Let it go, Hawks. Clark certainly wasn’t offended so drop the fake outrage

Last edited:
My favorite gripes today are the ones about non-calls.

Cause watching the game last night, it felt like not enough fouls were called.

I hate Iowa, and still admit that it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. However, when your team gives up 103 points, your best option to quietly slink away and lick your wounds. Instead, they pile on a college kid. Let it go, Hawks. Clark certainly wasn’t offended so drop the fake outrage
If it was reversed and Iowa scored 103 and won and Clark did this to Reese would you tell LSU fans to let it go?

If it was reversed and Iowa scored 103 and won and Clark did this to Reese would you tell LSU fans to let it go?
Yep, they’re college kids and it didn’t impact the game or the players. Clark talks trash with the best of them and is not bothered. Let it go

Yep, they’re college kids and it didn’t impact the game or the players. Clark talks trash with the best of them and is not bothered. Let it go
You’re on the record supporting taunting. Noted for future reference.

I hate Iowa, and still admit that it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. However, when your team gives up 103 points, your best option is to quietly slink away and lick your wounds. Instead, they pile on a college kid. Let it go, Hawks. Clark certainly wasn’t offended so drop the fake outrage
A lot of this stuff is coming from the national news media, not necessarily just Hawk fans.

The LSU team is fine and cool. No problem with the trash talk. Well deserved win.

Kim Mulkey is 100% trash

You’re on the record supporting taunting. Noted for future reference.
Clark taunts and got it back at her. I can not be a fan of a behavior, but also realize it’s not worth worrying about in the long run. I said the same thing with some of Starocci’s posts- not my cup of tea but If it works for him, so be it. At the end of the day, Reese represents LSU and her team. If her coach and her school approve of the behavior, it is what it is.

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat
Tell me how she acted differently than your wrestling coaches act during a match/game.
She bleeds purple and yellow instead of black and yellow.
Considering she was extremely complimentary of opponent Clark and participated in the post game handshake I guess there are
i’m talking about her off the court stuff. don’t care about sideline antics.

she definitely should have gotten a tech for being LSU’s 6th player on the court all game tho haha but that’s on the refs not her

i’m talking about her off the court stuff. don’t care about sideline antics.

she definitely should have gotten a tech for being LSU’s 6th player on the court all game tho haha but that’s on the refs not her
If the refs had called a halfway decent game, they would have T’d her up, and caught some of the taunting antics at the end. They were useless, but it didn’t ultimately impact the outcome of the game

refs can decide every game is every sport if they want,esp when they gamble!

Reactions: The Kid Twist
well at least the women got to the finals!!LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT