ADVERTISEMENT

Hawk Fans Dealing with Basketball Loss Worse Than Wrestling, Lee Loss

Cstroke, your avatar makes me feel like I'm not in a safe space. I feel triggered when I see it. I can't help but think it's a microaggression on your part and well, I can't think of any other stupid phrases that millennials and Gen-Zers use so I'll leave it at that.
Now can we talk about Iceland?

Check your privilege!

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I can’t wait till we move from the basketball phase of our off season whoas..
this is stage 7 of 69.. Im looking forward to 68 when we share our feelings..
If we're gonna do this and partner up for a hug I got first dibs on McPat...he just seems like he'd understand my problems and be compassionate. Also, I've met him and I'm bigger than he is.... cuz i'm not sure what the next stage (69) is all about but I have a feeling I'm gonna want to have a fighers chance to not have to become a participant.

Last edited:
It’s one thing to beat an outgunned opponent. But, gloating (and running up the score beyond reason) is classless.
So lemme ask you a question, if you are a head coach and you have the opportunity to put in the members of your team who normally do not see minutes in any game and they then get 5 minutes, you gonna tell them “hey you’re in and this may be your only playing time so don’t score”

Americas become so soft when it comes to sports. If you don’t like the antics (assuming they don’t hurt anyone for example desanto micic) let them have fun. That’s what they are getting paid to do, play a child’s game. You as a fan do not need to watch go about your day some other way

Iowa's 3 best players - 14 personal fouls. Czinano - 1 foul every 4 minutes and 12 seconds of court time. Warnock - 1 foul every 4 minutes and 48 seconds of court time. Rest of the Iowa team - 5 personal fouls.

LSU's coach looked like she was participating in the floor routine at the NCAA Gymnastic Championships the entire game. Spent almost as much time on the court as her players and even ran into a ref on the court while play was in progress. No technical fouls on her.

One of the worst referined games I have ever seen and that is saying something if you have ever watched a PSU/Michigan football game.
For the record, though, Penn State-Ohio State football games are where bad refs are best on display.

1995, 2002, 2003, 2012, 2014, 2021 ("snap infraction") - all ridiculously officiated. There may have been more.

When did classless behavior become acceptable in sports? I submit that it’s just another reflection of our changing society. Social media has created the platform for haters to hate; in the sports arena, in politics, in religious and racial matters. Don’t fall into the trap. Every human has redeeming values if you just look for it. They are there if you look close enough. It’s up to us.

I remember when we were all Americans and the victors won honorably and the losers embraced the lessons. Today, it’s all about embarassing the losers and taking our own victory lap.
People on here praising Reese for "giving it back to Clark" are embarrassing to me as someone who grew up learning about sportsmanship from Coach Paterno.

So lemme ask you a question, if you are a head coach and you have the opportunity to put in the members of your team who normally do not see minutes in any game and they then get 5 minutes, you gonna tell them “hey you’re in and this may be your only playing time so don’t score”

Americas become so soft when it comes to sports. If you don’t like the antics (assuming they don’t hurt anyone for example desanto micic) let them have fun. That’s what they are getting paid to do, play a child’s game. You as a fan do not need to watch go about your day some other way
"I can understand having fun, but this stuff about making your opponent look bad, I don't want that, I don't want any of that."

- Joe Paterno, interviewed by ABC in November 2005, aired during the Wisconsin game

Reactions: Zukovski and Ski

I was a head coach of championship teams and we NEVER ran up the scores (beyond reason). Now the circumstances you

i WAS a championship coach. We NEVER ran up the score unreasonably on our opponents. Sure, the second and even third stringers got into the game. And they wanted their 5 minutes of fame, but it was my role to teach. Nothing to be gained by showing up your opponent. Win with honor.

I have no problem with letting them have their fun, but at what point are we digging in the heel? Not looking for a fight, but Cael has and Joe had it right. This ain’t war. There’s nothing to be gained by decimating those willing to put their dreams, egos and records on the line to do battle. Hurray for the Appalachian States or the Loch Havens. They deserve something for their sacrifices and efforts, as well.

We will always be PENN STATE and we need to remember it. Higher standards.

"I can understand having fun, but this stuff about making your opponent look bad, I don't want that, I don't want any of that."

- Joe Paterno, interviewed by ABC in November 2005, aired during the Wisconsin game
If we were living in the past then yes this statement would apply, unfortunately sports have changed and evolved in 18 years including the rest of the world around us

A basketball player talked smack. And somehow this is still getting talked about.

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT